• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TMNT #1 Club
18 18

3,699 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2021 at 1:36 PM, sorrenmj said:

Nice one. So you must have got it back in 1984? Did you ever see that this will be a valuable comic one day?

I saw it as innovative, and I was very familiar with Frank Miller's Daredevil and Ronin, so I got most of the references. I did think it had a chance of becoming valuable, but I thought that about many comics that never did. For example, I was sure that Crystar the Crystal Warrior would be huge. :roflmao:

On 8/16/2020 at 10:55 PM, Kalel38 said:

Brilliant way u put that.... Bravo!! Couldn't have written that better myself.. A person who purchased Action comics #1 in 1970 I believe payed 1500 for it back then. He said if it goes up to 10,000 in a decade or 2 he would be extremely happy.. Understatement and yet TMNT #1 first print is the lowest printed book of all time when u look at the popularity and the solid foundation it has takes for 36yrs.. You ain't seen nothing yet if u think the prices right now are high.. Hold onto ur first prints fellas it's about to go nuclear.. 👍💥

And get your number 2's before they do too

On 9/12/2021 at 10:28 AM, sorrenmj said:
On 8/15/2020 at 9:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

argue over the price of tea on china

I like this. Very quotable!

lol And thanks for liking the post before quoting, so I new where I was referenced from (thumbsu 

Sometimes I let off steam, really I don't remember what all the hubbub was bub lol

Sometimes I check out and could really do with a :fear:

On 9/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, sorrenmj said:

Is there anybody here who reads their first print?! I cant image anybody would now but it'd be fun to know if someone does!

I absolutely don't see why not since comic books were always meant for reading and sharing with your fellow collecting buddies: :applause:

On 2/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, ciorac said:

Here is Jon at my place in Philly a few years ago sharing much of his collection with us

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_7116.JPG

IMG_7120.JPG

p1010004.jpg

p1010008.jpg

p1010010.jpg

P1010013.JPG

P1010012.JPG

Now, if I remember correctly, that Church copy of Fantastic Comics #3 with the classic robot cover ended up selling for close to a quarter of million dollars a few years ago.  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

On 9/12/2021 at 6:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol And thanks for liking the post before quoting, so I new where I was referenced from (thumbsu 

Sometimes I let off steam, really I don't remember what all the hubbub was bub lol

Sometimes I check out and could really do with a :fear:

I am catching up here. I only have 45 pages left :( 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, lou_fine said:

I absolutely don't see why not since comic books were always meant for reading and sharing with your fellow collecting buddies: :applause:

Now, if I remember correctly, that Church copy of Fantastic Comics #3 with the classic robot cover ended up selling for close to a quarter of million dollars a few years ago.  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

Are those comics real?! Amazing. You never seem these comics raw! And they're next to a pizza box! Pizza and vintage million dollar comics on the same table! That's awesome, thanks for sharing those pics. Epic post!

On 9/12/2021 at 12:25 PM, sorrenmj said:

Is there anybody here who reads their first print?! I cant image anybody would now but it'd be fun to know if someone does!

Nope, mine has been trapped in a CGC case since I bought it in 2013. I have a friend who has a raw copy, and I did leaf through it one time. But not to read. I can always read one of the 30+ reprints. 

On 9/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, spracknetch23 said:

Nope, mine has been trapped in a CGC case since I bought it in 2013. I have a friend who has a raw copy, and I did leaf through it one time. But not to read. I can always read one of the 30+ reprints. 

What did it feel like leafing thru it?!

On 9/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, sorrenmj said:

Nice one. So you must have got it back in 1984? Did you ever see that this will be a valuable comic one day?

I remember at my LCS I had the 1st print Turtles book in my hands, and put it back on the shelf because I thought it was garbage. Lol! 

I was too far into the superheroes that I didnt see the forest for the trees. 🥴

On 9/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, oakman29 said:

I remember at my LCS I had the 1st print Turtles book in my hands, and put it back on the shelf because I thought it was garbage. Lol! 

I was too far into the superheroes that I didnt see the forest for the trees. 🥴

Didn't you say that copy was $300?