• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,456 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2021 at 6:13 PM, SpideyFein said:

The set is hands down the nicest I've seen, and the nicest around for sure. You're a classy fella, giving props to the many turtley awesome boardies who helped make it happen. I was looking through my turtle slabs, sketches, and raws last night and thought of those that made it happen as well. We have a great community here!! That 28 is definitely tough! A big big congrats!!!  

Thank-you my man, coming from you….means a lot. You definitely have your fair share of insane TMNT goodness :headbang:

I think I received my first slabbed TMNT book in 08 and added first in 09? to the Registry. Dealt with, met and befriended a lot of TMNT collectors/fans/aficionados.

The thing with my set is, there are a good number of my books tied with kind and or cool individuals off eBay and those who are Boardies. Many of these Boardies are the sole reason I have the books I do in my collection. Without them, I wouldn’t have the set=>run I do (worship)
Pretty neat you looking through your books sparked the same feelings and memories. It is a helluva community, grateful for it. Pretty unique and fortunate:applause:
I tried and tried for a #28, I just could never find one minty enough in the bush. It was a :censored:lol 

Thank-you 🤘

Edited by Icculus308win

3 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Scans of my books from the recent signing. I bought these raw when they were printed, and stored them without bags or boards on bookshelves through 3 different moves. Amazed they survived in this condition! Kind of wish I'd submitted my Fugitoid as well, now...

tmnt1.jpg

tmnt2.jpg

tmnt3.jpg

tmnt4.jpg

raphael1.jpg

Can I buy your bookshelves? that provided this protection? :whatthe: 

lol jk 

but well done!

5 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Scans of my books from the recent signing. I bought these raw when they were printed, and stored them without bags or boards on bookshelves through 3 different moves. Amazed they survived in this condition! Kind of wish I'd submitted my Fugitoid as well, now...

tmnt1.jpg

tmnt2.jpg

tmnt3.jpg

tmnt4.jpg

raphael1.jpg

very nice!

I especially like the #2...

On 12/6/2019 at 3:44 AM, Turtle said:

Here's a pet project that's FINALLY finished

Hide contents

Professionally bound TMNT comics with imitation leather covers and a gold-colored embossed title logos.

798535647_BB01.thumb.jpg.4c414a779ec6b5dde51b2d3092105862.jpg

The spine features the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" title along with volume number stamp and a custom shell stamp at the top with 2 panel lines on either side. 

1749139650_BB02.thumb.jpg.81d16d65f3dc7208371ece06b165db91.jpg

The comics were all sized to give the book a very uniform profile.

926176976_BB03.thumb.jpg.a71b6a0249d76d064ea0b57d47eb71c3.jpg

I made up a table of contents for each book with a shell background and a font style reminiscent of the original cartoon.  Fans of the series know there were a lot of guest issues in the original run, which makes an official "canon" tricky.  For volumes 1+2, I tried to include the main narrative of volume 1 that starts with their origin and takes them through the end of the events of City at War (end of Volume 1), omitting any issue that didn't directly tie into this story. 

2103306841_BB04.thumb.jpg.5ebe6afb288e192a8e6c285ea5da1a95.jpg1856461483_BB05.thumb.jpg.e7cc597fac8035b41f28829edaf932da.jpg

Volume 3 contains stories that are no doubt in the main canon of TMNT lore, but don't directly tie to the main narrative that involve the Turtles, the Foot, and the Utroms.  Many of these are more light-hearted adventures during the early years.  This includes the original run of Tales of the TMNT which introduces several longstanding characters like Leatherhead and Rat King.

287249606_BB06.thumb.jpg.23371a745a61c7020939c2d116f1d613.jpg

Volume 4 is a collection of stories from the original run that may or may not be part of any particular fan's canon, but they are good stories nonetheless.  Plus, due to some rights issues, The River has not been reprinted at all since Nickelodeon acquired the property, so even with all the modern collected editions, you won't find this story very often. 

1760897221_BB07.thumb.jpg.be5f37c960a39dc195fc1af668edb88c.jpg

The final volume is a collection of stories/issues that contain good stories but generally weren't collected elsewhere by IDW (yet).  IDW did release an Ultimate Edition Hardcover collecting a lot of TMNT short stories.  I did my best to put stories in here that weren't readily available there. 

1500138571_BB08.thumb.jpg.728062c13ed34ffae7a81821fdbafb20.jpg

To prep the books, I removed the staples.  With wraparound covers, I was able to get it bound in such a way to display the full cover. 

898026468_BB09.thumb.jpg.8eba787812f95e8c0558fdb6940c3f45.jpg1576103007_BB10.thumb.jpg.2af28e82669f9f7211503e7ef8af6a42.jpg

One other nice feature is since these are original releases, they'll contain ads/previews/letters that aren't generally reprinted elsewhere, which is a fun bonus. 

365808691_BB11.thumb.jpg.2dec45087b245b3e77e61fed62886c20.jpg

I am THRILLED to have these back.  It took a surprising amount of time to decide the stories to bind, how best to organize them, get the books, prep them, and send them to the bookbinder.  It has been quite the experience, but I'm very happy with the result. 

This is an insanely incredible project. It looks amazing! 

On 5/12/2020 at 3:56 AM, eselrod said:

Unpacked a box of early 90s garbage mostly but found this random TMNT sticker in there. Anyone know what this is from?  I bought pretty much any TMNT in that era so could be from a toy or book. Searches on eBay and Google came up empty. Measures about the size of a trading card. I’m sure the artwork was used elsewhere 

8E66542F-CE24-450B-A603-52B6396481CB.jpeg

DF8BE4AA-26D7-4D3B-A209-AFD9B613DA80.jpeg

I think this was inside the CD soundtrack from 1990. Mine has the exact same sticker!

On 5/12/2020 at 2:01 PM, Turtle said:

I KNOW THIS ONE!

From childhood (so memories can be fuzzy), I'm almost certain this sticker was included in the cassette version of the 1990 movie soundtrack.  I remember I saved it for a while because I thought it was cool.  Then we went to visit some family and it happened to be my cousin's birthday.  When he saw the sticker and said that he liked it, my parents insisted that I give it to him.  I reluctantly complied and watched him peel it off and slap it crookedly on his shirt.  :frustrated:

I thought I was over it, but maybe I'm not.  lol

This is so funny! I feel you!

On 8/22/2020 at 11:57 PM, TMNT said:

I only have one left myself... hung up in this spot of my Sewer. Here's a quick pic from a moment ago, you can see scans of the original art on my CAF. Love looking at Raph eye to eye everyday! 

20200822_184705.jpg

That room is amazing. Please can you tell me some info on the Shredder statue you have? I have never seen this.

On 11/11/2020 at 2:04 AM, Subby1938 said:

I did end up grabbing this . The conversion works out to 920.00 US for cgc 9.6 first print . Appreciate the tips I had to ask around because these books have gone up very quickly and wanted to make sure I was paying fair market 

You took a chance and won, good for you :)

On 11/11/2020 at 5:17 PM, Turtle said:

TMNT is seeing quite a surge in 2020.  I'm not really sure what's driving it.  

It was this very question which got me googling why have prices for TMNT comics skyrocketed which lead me here to this board. Now I am on page 317 and I think the answer is coming in a few more pages from here!

On 11/12/2020 at 5:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya it's got to be close to that reasoning if anything. Was lucky to pick up TMNT #3 earlier this year, before hype, cause it was at the LCS. After hype TMNT #2 2nd print, before I was priced out.

I may never own a printing of #1 as my heart passes on it after the 3rd print, we'll see

Raphael was at the LCS last year but priced highish due to a little spike, I may be wrong. I wanted to wait till it came back down, no such luck; although, I did pick up TMNT adventures eastman #1 that day, so silver lining and all. I need to check to see if it's a newsstand, but it's kind of buried, been a minute and I was always waiting for a convenient Eastman signing idk

Several months on and prices are now so high I can't even see them from all the way down here! Serious question though, #1 first print aside does anyone reckon this is just a temporary fad and that prices will come back down again? Or are these on the way up to the legends?

On 12/12/2020 at 12:46 AM, TMNT said:

Yes, definitely one of the most used images for sure but still a very unexpected result. And I remember also having a chance but at $1500 years ago. 

That 18K splash was also a major want for me just like you guys. Tried to get it for years but never could. And when Eastman listed at 15K I thought it was too strong a price, considering most art was trickling out at 4K a pop. Turns out they were right! A main reason I wanted it was too bookend my issue #3 splash. That moment in #3, when they discover Splinter is missing, essentially began that major arc including their real origin story that would run through issues #3, 4, Fugiotid, #5, 6, and culminate basically with that reunion splash in #7 when Splinter is back.

Still getting my head around that price...!

Did you ever get your head around that price?