• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,340 posts in this topic

Hi there, does CGC always indicate the page color of the graded comic? I am thinking about buying some CGC TMNT comics on eBay but noticed above their bar codes that there is no indication of page colour. Is it usual for CGC not to mention page color? Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, sorrenmj said:

Hi there, does CGC always indicate the page color of the graded comic? I am thinking about buying some CGC TMNT comics on eBay but noticed above their bar codes that there is no indication of page colour. Is it usual for CGC not to mention page color? Does anyone know?

Pics may help

But to my knowledge its always mentioned, but in different places on certain generations of slabs.

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Pics may help

But to my knowledge its always mentioned, but in different places on certain generations of slabs.

Hello @ADAMANTIUM This is the link to the page. Maybe you could advise me, do you think this is a good purchase for 3,600 - seller would accept 3,400? It is from the UK but almost the entire run of volume 1? Thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254988394217

8 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Hello @ADAMANTIUM This is the link to the page. Maybe you could advise me, do you think this is a good purchase for 3,600 - seller would accept 3,400? It is from the UK but almost the entire run of volume 1? Thoughts?

Well my comment was about page color and all those have them, but the pgx I dont know anything about

I'm not too sure how well third prints of #1 are doing, and in 7.0

But it wouldnt be good for me, as 9.4 is about $3-400 usd on those books I dont see the #1 making up the difference in cost, and still I dont know the rest of the series that well lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well my comment was about page color and all those have them, but the pgx I dont know anything about

I'm not too sure how well third prints of #1 are doing, and in 7.0

But it wouldnt be good for me, as 9.4 is about $3-400 usd on those books I dont see the #1 making up the difference in cost, and still I dont know the rest of the series that well lol

Thanks for your insight, I didn't notice the page color info, now I see it. I was looking for it above the bar code! Thanks again as always.

2 hours ago, sorrenmj said:

the #1,2,4 individually on the 'bay' would run you $2500 + shipping (3 shipping costs)

The PGX #3 is worth the same as a raw, imo, if it's even a 9.4.

The rest of the run individually would take time and energy + lots of shipping. Are you looking for nm copies? or are you looking for subbing candidates?

3 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

the #1,2,4 individually on the 'bay' would run you $2500 + shipping (3 shipping costs)

The rest of the run individually would take time and energy + lots of shipping. Are you looking for nm copies? or are you looking for subbing candidates?

I see this as a pretty good buy. That is if you are buying for yourself, and not to flip.

7 hours ago, sorrenmj said:

That price is also in pounds. It says the conversion rate makes it about $5,100 USD.

I wouldn't pay that, personally. It is nice to look at them all together though. The "City At War" arc and covers are great.

I still need a few issues from vol. 1.

I'm now very slowly starting Vol. 4.

It never stops... LOL.

3 hours ago, Gazoony said:

That price is also in pounds. It says the conversion rate makes it about $5,100 USD.

I wouldn't pay that, personally. It is nice to look at them all together though. The "City At War" arc and covers are great.

It never stops... LOL.

Oh, that's different!

11 hours ago, Gazoony said:

It never stops... LOL.

Thanks for your insight. I was thinking about buying them for future resale and wasn't sure if this is a good purchase with them being almost a complete run of volume 1? I do have a second printing of #1 I could perhaps include wit the set and perhaps in a few years may double in price? How's your volume 4 collection coming along? Which issues do you need?

13 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I see this as a pretty good buy. That is if you are buying for yourself, and not to flip.

I was thinking about buying them now for future resale. I do have a second printing of #1 I could maybe include with the set and perhaps in a few years it may double in price?

16 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

Thanks for your insight. Are you saying 1,2,4 would cost me $2500 each or $2500 for all three? I was thinking about buying the complete run as an investment for future resale. I sort of foresee that eventually the first and second print of #1 will be out of reach for most people who will then hunt the third printing which will then go the way of the first two prints. Eventually the first three prints will become very expensive. People will just want that #1 cover!

48 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Thanks for your insight. I was thinking about buying them for future resale and wasn't sure if this is a good purchase with them being almost a complete run of volume 1? I do have a second printing of #1 I could perhaps include wit the set and perhaps in a few years may double in price? How's your volume 4 collection coming along? Which issues do you need?

I just have issues #1 and #15 of Vol. 4 at the moment.

I'm trying to finish my Vol. 1 run but it's super hard with the remaining issues I need. I still need #11, #13, #16, #28 and 62. I'm doing it in 9.8 grade so those last 5 issued are very tough to get.

Also need a #1 first print. Amy grade at this point. LOL.

55 minutes ago, Gazoony said:

I just have issues #1 and #15 of Vol. 4 at the moment.

I'm trying to finish my Vol. 1 run but it's super hard with the remaining issues I need. I still need #11, #13, #16, #28 and 62. I'm doing it in 9.8 grade so those last 5 issued are very tough to get.

Also need a #1 first print. Amy grade at this point. LOL.

So you have an almost entire run of volume 1 in CGC 9.8?

I am reading that people really don't like color touch. What is it about color touch people don't like? If it is not possible to tell whether color touch has been done or not then why would it matter? I would like to know so I can bare this in mind if ever buying a comic which has been color touched. Thanks for any insight

7 hours ago, sorrenmj said:

Congrats! That’s got to be a record! If I find any of your missing ones in 9.8 I’ll send you the links! 

Thanks! I'm really proud of my books, but there's a few people here in this thread that put me to shame. 

But I'm happy with what I have and have a few of them to thank for helping me with my collection so far. 😎🐢