• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,283 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

They are just difficult to find in NM+ condition, 9.8s are rarity too find in the rough

I saw a soft cover version in poor condition sell this week for I think $150?

Hello everyone I am hoping for some help if possible? I have decided to get my issue #29 CGC'd. I have never sent to CGC before. The advice from the boards was to get it pressed. I have added both grading and pressing to my cart and it is 190.00 total. 100 for grading and 90 for pressing, is this correct? Does anyone know if pressing is this expensive? I opted for the express service due to the FMV of the comic. Can anyone help/advise please?

6 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Hello everyone I am hoping for some help if possible? I have decided to get my issue #29 CGC'd. I have never sent to CGC before. The advice from the boards was to get it pressed. I have added both grading and pressing to my cart and it is 190.00 total. 100 for grading and 90 for pressing, is this correct? Does anyone know if pressing is this expensive? I opted for the express service due to the FMV of the comic. Can anyone help/advise please?

There's no reason to use express. I suggest submitting via modern. The values are just for insurance reasons. Also, note that the Laird signature on the cover will get you a green label unless you request a blue label in which case the signature will knock the grade down. I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you that this is not a comic I would get graded. 

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

There's no reason to use express. I suggest submitting via modern. The values are just for insurance reasons. Also, note that the Laird signature on the cover will get you a green label unless you request a blue label in which case the signature will knock the grade down. I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you that this is not a comic I would get graded. 

Thanks for your reply. I thought that having it CGC'd might increase demand if I ever would sell it. The back of my comic has some slight staining on it which a press may remove? OK so perhaps I should rethink which comic to have CGC'd. I do have TMNT #3 NYCC edition in mint condition, perhaps this would be a better candidate?

Just now, sorrenmj said:

Thanks for your reply. I thought that having it CGC'd might increase demand if I ever would sell it. The back of my comic has some slight staining on it which a press may remove? OK so perhaps I should rethink which comic to have CGC'd. I do have TMNT #3 NYCC edition in mint condition, perhaps this would be a better candidate?

I would definitely submit the TMNT 3 variant. 

As for staining, I'm not sure how applying pressure to a comic would remove a stain but I'm not an expert on pressing so maybe. 

Just now, spracknetch23 said:

If it truly is in mint condition, I’d definitely go with the #3 NYCC. If it is signed on the inside you’ll still get a blue label. 

I am no grader but I do have high standards. It was signed at the New York convention on the inside.

1 minute ago, Ryan. said:

I would definitely submit the TMNT 3 variant. 

As for staining, I'm not sure how applying pressure to a comic would remove a stain but I'm not an expert on pressing so maybe. 

OK so I won't get issue 29 CGC'd after all. If I sell it raw then I will be very honest with the page staining and sell it for $2,400.00 - see if someone will still want it at that

4 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Pressing a book won't remove the stain.

32 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

OK so I won't get issue 29 CGC'd after all. If I sell it raw then I will be very honest with the page staining and sell it for $2,400.00 - see if someone will still want it at that

Where are you going to sell it? 

Just now, Ryan. said:

Where are you going to sell it? 

I guess either here or eBay. Though I have read many horror stories about selling on eBay which really puts me off from selling it there. I'd be devastated if I sold it then the buyer either switched it or claimed I shipped an empty box to get their money back! It sounds far fetched but I read these stories online. I've been told here is a safer bet.