• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,348 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2023 at 10:19 AM, econnorjoyce said:

can anyone identify this i think the blood on the sword means it is 1st or 2nd printing sorry very new to grading of comics, it has no info that says 2nd or 3rd printing on the inside cover

20230814_111545.jpg

@econnorjoyce I can help you authenticate this if you are willing to provide images of a few internal pages.  Pages 2 & 3 (together), 18, 22, 29, 33, 35, 37, 38 

Thanks!

Edited by rich_TMNT

On 8/14/2023 at 8:28 PM, econnorjoyce said:

another question, it does not show up when typing "eastman and laird's teenage mutant ninja turtles #1", any advice

Did you manage to get the comic submitted?! I'd like to know what this grades at when it comes back if you are happy to keep posted!

Maybe I'm alone in this, but does anyone play Shredder's Revenge?  New DLC just came out including Usagi Yojimbo and Karai as playable characters and a decent number of palette swaps for all the characters.

The new characters are unlocked right off the bat, but the palettes need to be unlocked, mostly through playing the new Survival mode.

It's pretty fun because they don't explicitly say what each palette is...it's almost like it's testing the knowledge of fans to see if they recognize it.  I also haven't found any guide that shows what each one is just yet. 

By default, the game is styled off the '87 cartoon, so some of the more obvious swaps are the ones from the later cartoon series: '03, '12, Rise.  It seems everyone also has a Gameboy-shaded skin to represent those games.  It also appears that everyone has an unlockable Black and White palette, an obvious tribute to the original comics.  The turtles all seem to have a Playmates toy line palette that gives them unique skin tones and all-brown weapons. 

I've so far only unlocked all of them for Donatello.  His last one is a bit of a deep cut...his outfit from Stump Asteroid.  I'm guessing all the turtles have these.

Screenshot2023-09-06at19-52-22TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesVolumeOne-TundraTMNTACollected5-9..collectedv-MitchroneyRyanBrownandSteveLavigne..ColorbyLavigneGaydos....png.1e26dcddd3fbc6ed2339b7e5739f195c.png

I'm working my way through Karai, who has many moves based on her appearance in TMNT Tournament Fighters.  She seems to be the stand-in for Shredder...getting color palettes based on his appearances.  One of them seems to be modeled after the 90's movie. 

In any case, I'm having a good time with it.  The DLC was $8.  I'd say it's worth it if you liked the game.  Anyone else play it?

On 9/6/2023 at 8:01 PM, Turtle said:

Maybe I'm alone in this, but does anyone play Shredder's Revenge?  New DLC just came out including Usagi Yojimbo and Karai as playable characters and a decent number of palette swaps for all the characters.

The new characters are unlocked right off the bat, but the palettes need to be unlocked, mostly through playing the new Survival mode.

It's pretty fun because they don't explicitly say what each palette is...it's almost like it's testing the knowledge of fans to see if they recognize it.  I also haven't found any guide that shows what each one is just yet. 

By default, the game is styled off the '87 cartoon, so some of the more obvious swaps are the ones from the later cartoon series: '03, '12, Rise.  It seems everyone also has a Gameboy-shaded skin to represent those games.  It also appears that everyone has an unlockable Black and White palette, an obvious tribute to the original comics.  The turtles all seem to have a Playmates toy line palette that gives them unique skin tones and all-brown weapons. 

I've so far only unlocked all of them for Donatello.  His last one is a bit of a deep cut...his outfit from Stump Asteroid.  I'm guessing all the turtles have these.

Screenshot2023-09-06at19-52-22TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesVolumeOne-TundraTMNTACollected5-9..collectedv-MitchroneyRyanBrownandSteveLavigne..ColorbyLavigneGaydos....png.1e26dcddd3fbc6ed2339b7e5739f195c.png

I'm working my way through Karai, who has many moves based on her appearance in TMNT Tournament Fighters.  She seems to be the stand-in for Shredder...getting color palettes based on his appearances.  One of them seems to be modeled after the 90's movie. 

In any case, I'm having a good time with it.  The DLC was $8.  I'd say it's worth it if you liked the game.  Anyone else play it?

Side note... is that the original OA/Colors for 7?  I've been searching for that for a LONG time.... *grabs some cash in case*

On 9/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Side note... is that the original OA/Colors for 7?  I've been searching for that for a LONG time.... *grabs some cash in case*

I wish I could say I am the owner, but alas, this was just a google grab for a visual reference.  :sorry:

It's been slow for me, glad to see prospects and people still buying . Lcs said as well it is slow but may be typical for the time of year.

I know I'm broke, but LCS's has a sale for like 34% when you buy a comic box for $15, anything that fits in the box and lid shuts all of that is 34% off. 

Anyway, they have a tmnt #2 1st print! Priced at $175. I got a look at it, it's vf minus, but prices are all over the place it seems.

Again I'm broke , a tale of woe lol

Thanks for listening rantrant

FB_IMG_1694471321642.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/6/2023 at 8:01 PM, Turtle said:

ShreddersRevengePalettes.thumb.jpg.8f7120df0f2ef8cd5a30143dd5a975c9.jpg

Found this image for the color palettes.  Some of them are standard and they start to deviate after a point:

A: 1987 Cartoon

B: 1990 Live Action Movie

C: 2003 Cartoon

D: 2012 Cartoon

E: Rise Cartoon

F: Gameboy

G: Mirage Comics

H: NES Games

I: ???

J: 80's Playmates Toys

K: Archie - Stump Asteroid

Usagi and Karai don't correlate super well, but they still have some references.  Karai's stance and moves are heavily inspired by her appearance in TMNT Tournament fighters.  While I'm not exactly sure what the I column references, I'll say that I do like that they gave Splinter an ethereal appearance like his campfire scene from the 90's movie.  Nice touch!

On 9/13/2023 at 8:09 PM, Turtle said:

ShreddersRevengePalettes.thumb.jpg.8f7120df0f2ef8cd5a30143dd5a975c9.jpg

While I'm not exactly sure what the I column references, I'll say that I do like that they gave Splinter an ethereal appearance like his campfire scene from the 90's movie.  Nice touch!

Could the I column be referencing the Turtles from Last Ronin - the ghost Turtles? It's maybe a long-shot since Splinter seems more ghost-like than the Turtles.  All I could think of.

On 9/13/2023 at 11:08 PM, rich_TMNT said:

Could the I column be referencing the Turtles from Last Ronin - the ghost Turtles? It's maybe a long-shot since Splinter seems more ghost-like than the Turtles.  All I could think of.

Great minds think alike.

On 9/13/2023 at 11:08 PM, rich_TMNT said:

It's better than anything I can come up with, but it still doesn't feel quite right.  I think if they wanted to do that, they could have done a solid Mikey with a black bandana or something.  Not that I have anything better.  I'm stumped.