• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,283 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2023 at 1:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just curious what y'all would price a raw at money wise...

A TMNT #2 maybe 4.0 raw?

What would y'all price it at?

$100 maybe?  Is it a first print?  How bad is the damage?  

On 7/29/2023 at 3:18 PM, jaybuck43 said:
On 7/29/2023 at 12:45 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just curious what y'all would price a raw at money wise...

A TMNT #2 maybe 4.0 raw?

What would y'all price it at?

$100 maybe?  Is it a first print?  How bad is the damage?  

It had some spine ware not really anything else, it was in the ,4.0-5.0 range, seller said 5.0 and had a price tag of $165

@jaybuck43 edit to say..

Sorry for my late response had to decide on dinner and take out the trash 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

It looked as though 7.0/7.5 sold recently in the $200+ price range, didn't have time for 130point.com as it was best offers...

But then a silly 5.0 sold for $300, so thoroughly confused hahaha.

It sounded fair, but am really short on funds, unless by some miracle. It just 'sounded fair!"

On 7/29/2023 at 3:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It had some spine ware not really anything else, it was in the ,4.0-5.0 range, seller said 5.0 and had a price tag of $165

@jaybuck43 edit to say..

Sorry for my late response had to decide on dinner and take out the trash 😂

That's probably a pretty good price for a 1st print. For what it's worth, CovrPrice shows VGs at about $211 and and Fine sale in 2023 for over $300.

On 7/29/2023 at 3:52 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That's probably a pretty good price for a 1st print. For what it's worth, CovrPrice shows VGs at about $211 and and Fine sale in 2023 for over $300.

That's basically what I needed! I didn't have money enough to ask them and take out of the bag and board, as I wasn't a serious buyer "yet" but if something happens or trade is possible, vg is where I wanted to cover my bases for "worth it!"

On 7/29/2023 at 4:59 PM, sorrenmj said:

Let the community here know your thoughts! Enjoy the movie!

So, no spoilers of course.

The art style really grew on me and I liked it.  It had a "living comic book" vibe going and ended up I really liked it. 

It is NOT a mirage movie and nothing like I,II,III.  Do not go in looking for that. 

It IS a very fun movie.  There were multiple times the theater was all laughing loudly.  

If you are a fan of 87 and the playmates toys, there are SO many easter eggs.  

The voice actors are all really good, especially Ice Cube.  

I really liked it, most importantly, all the little kids leaving the theater were telling their parents how much THEY liked it, which is great!  Not surprised Paramount already green lit a sequel and a two season show based on the movie for Paramount Plus.  

I do have one minor complaint, and while it does not spoil anything in the film, I am still going to put it in spoilers because I don't want anyone to know anything about the film they don't want to know about going in.

Spoiler

In the credits, the film credits Kevin and Pete, of course.  But It bothered me that it did not credit the creators of other characters that appear in the film.  Given Kevin and Pete's contribution to the Creator's Bill of Rights, I found it a little disheartening to not see prominent credits for Ryan Brown in particular.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, Turtle said:

Heading to to see Mutant Mayhem in a bit!  Until then, I did finally get around to framing my Mirage Jam commission.  Very happy with it!

IMG_3356.thumb.jpg.a6b29ad6670a3f3ef22c21520b3012b1.jpg

If you haven't seen it before, it's:

Michelangelo Pencils - Jim Lawson

Raphael Pencils - Kevin Eastman

Leonardo Pencils - Michael Dooney

Donatello Pencils - Peter Laird

Ink - Dan Berger

Color - Steve Lavigne

:banana:

One quick note...framing got EXPENSIVE!  Maybe it's just the shop I went to (I'll need to shop around), but the price for this same setup literally doubled from the last frame I had done 2 years ago.  :ohnoez:

This is easily one of the coolest things I've seen not only on this site, but just related to TMNT memorabilia in general. Congrats!!

On 8/1/2023 at 6:13 PM, Turtle said:

Heading to to see Mutant Mayhem in a bit!  Until then, I did finally get around to framing my Mirage Jam commission.  Very happy with it!

Ink - Dan Berger

Color - Steve Lavigne

One quick note...framing got EXPENSIVE!  Maybe it's just the shop I went to (I'll need to shop around), but the price for this same setup literally doubled from the last frame I had done 2 years ago.  :ohnoez:

Coolio! And enjoy Mayhem! 

On 8/1/2023 at 7:13 PM, Turtle said:

Ink - Dan Berger

Color - Steve Lavigne

:whatthe:

On 7/29/2023 at 6:43 PM, jaybuck43 said:

The art style really grew on me and I liked it.  It had a "living comic book" vibe going and ended up I really liked it. 

It is NOT a mirage movie and nothing like I,II,III.  Do not go in looking for that. 

It IS a very fun movie.  There were multiple times the theater was all laughing loudly.  

I really liked it, most importantly, all the little kids leaving the theater were telling their parents how much THEY liked it, which is great!  Not surprised Paramount already green lit a sequel and a two season show based on the movie for Paramount Plus.  

I do have one minor complaint, and while it does not spoil anything in the film, I am still going to put it in spoilers because I don't want anyone to know anything about the film they don't want to know about going in.

Reveal hidden contents

In the credits, the film credits Kevin and Pete, of course.  But It bothered me that it did not credit the creators of other characters that appear in the film.  Given Kevin and Pete's contribution to the Creator's Bill of Rights, I found it a little disheartening to not see prominent credits for Ryan Brown in particular.

Pretty well agree.  Mutant Mayhem is a lot of fun.  I found myself laughing or at least smiling a number of times throughout the movie.  Probably about 30 people in the theater...not bad for a Tuesday night.  The theater had 8 showings today as well, so I'm hoping it bodes well for the box office numbers.

There are classic TMNT comic fans that are purists that don't like anything but gritty tales and realistic violence.  As mentioned, Mutant Mayhem isn't that and those purists won't like it.  I recently went back and watched the Rise of the TMNT series (at least what's on Netflix).  The show is fun to put on in the background while doing other things.  I initially did the same for the movie but found myself hooked and about 1/3 of the way through it I ended up just sitting down and focusing on it.  To my surprise, the Netflix Rise of the TMNT movie was also a lot of fun!

If you're open to different takes on the TMNT, I'd highly recommend the Netflix Rise of the TMNT movie along with Mutant Mayhem.  Go see them!

On 8/1/2023 at 4:13 PM, Turtle said:

Ink - Dan Berger

Color - Steve Lavigne

Wow is that original artwork? That is freaking amazing! 😍

On 7/29/2023 at 3:43 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Hide contents

I agree 💯 This is a fresh new take. Me and the kids really enjoyed it. I also think Ice Cube did great as Superfly, it was probably my favorite character in the movie. I like most, am still hoping one day way get a Mirage style animated movie. Probably won’t happen but one can hope. The Last Ronin would be nice too. And hopefully they target the OG TMNT fan base. 

On 8/7/2023 at 3:23 AM, eastbayrudy said:

Wow is that original artwork? That is freaking amazing! 😍

Thank you!  Yes, it’s original art.