• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

FP should be avoided wherever they are.

I know, but I needed to visit somewhere where I could hear comic geeks geeking out... :cloud9:

Alas that is not FP, blooming pit.

Living in Old Jersey is like being in solitary - no effing comic shops.

I live in Newcastle and FP is the only real choice, which is no choice at all...it wasn't always this way, FP bought out the competition and ruined everything.

I remember when it was Timeslip, they used to have a decent back issue stock and looked like a proper comic shop. :cloud9:

Timeslip was a fantastic comic shop, it was originally down Pink Lane in Newcastle, they had a great selection of back issues and reading copys of the new stuff.

Buyers were all around chatting and recommending titles to each other.

You felt welcome and the people working there were happy to see you and knowledgeable about the subject.

They relocated to the Haymarket at the top end of the city center into a port-a-cabin and it wasn't really the same, then there was a big fire.....no comment...... and then this shop was bought out by Forbidden Planet and ruined in the usual way.

This was the best LCS I have ever known and was largely responsible for getting me into comics. FP has no personal touch and you don't feel welcome at all, add to the fact that there are no back issues. A complete waste of time for me.

That sounds just Skinny Melinks. We welcomed everyone into the shop, and talked about comics, books, films, basically anything and invited anyone to join in. It was a true comic shop, with it's own little community of geeks having fun - it was a place where friendship were made. :cloud9:

Good Times.

gotta shout some good news, i won a ebay auction for pretty cheap on Iron Mans 120-260, it arrived today, the box had another box inside aswell as the comics i purchased, it said extra's, well i was expecting a few x force 1's or something, couldnt believe it when inside it was Iron Man 69 - 113 aswell, i sent a very big thank you to the seller.

i had to write this as the other half is away and just wanted to express my happyness

gotta shout some good news, i won a ebay auction for pretty cheap on Iron Mans 120-260, it arrived today, the box had another box inside aswell as the comics i purchased, it said extra's, well i was expecting a few x force 1's or something, couldnt believe it when inside it was Iron Man 69 - 113 aswell, i sent a very big thank you to the seller.

i had to write this as the other half is away and just wanted to express my happyness

Awesome, well done. :applause:

Wow thats some deal.

Wow thats some deal.

im still happy but baffled why so much thrown in that this person could have made some money on, they wasnt a comic shop and maybe just wanted rid of the lot???

Wow thats some deal.

im still happy but baffled why so much thrown in that this person could have made some money on, they wasnt a comic shop and maybe just wanted rid of the lot???

If I give you the money, will you buy me a lotto ticket? You lucky :censored:

That is a great score and I imagine something that happens once in a lifetime on eBay. Like others have already commented why didn't they sell the lot separately (shrug)

right making some space quickly on doubles i have laying around, offering to you before putting in Auction next weekend, its 50p each or 3 for a quid. will be doing aload of these i hope in next few weeks if any interest while doing main database

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5602778#Post5602778

Nice one. Will be looking out for more of these from you.

Had a couple of quid on Neptune Collonges at 44/1 - pleased with that!

Also managed to score all four prints of Saga #1 plus the Diamond variant for £45 - I posted in the Saga thread about the seller, so hopefully no issues...

Not a bad weekend overall. Going to the Emirates tonight so hopefully the Arse can keep the good feelings going...

Not sure if our American cousins will appreciate this book, but I am sure it will be here.

Picture276.jpg

I have a much tattier copy from being a kid.

Great stuff.

Must admit that I haven't seen that issue before...but it's a few years older than me (though not many as I'd like) :(

Great cover btw (thumbs u

Not sure if our American cousins will appreciate this book, but I am sure it will be here.

Picture276.jpg

I have a much tattier copy from being a kid.

Great stuff.

Must admit that I haven't seen that issue before...but it's a few years older than me (though not many as I'd like) :(

Great cover btw (thumbs u

Well I'm old enough to have got it as a Christmas present. :preach: