• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,304 posts in this topic

If you guys are looking for anything specific, you can always drop me a PM. Tim @ Bookery has an amazing stash of Undergrounds. He bought the collection of some dude here in Yellow Springs that used to date Melinda Gebbie. Some of the stuff is even pretty high grade (e.g. the Weird Trips, which looks even better than the grade.)

I have been able to track down a lot of what I was looking for, but someone bought the Quack #1 out from under me. :cry:

Just read that S. Clay Wilson yesterday was taken to the ER after not being able to get out of bed. He has fluid on the brain and needs surgery to relieve it and will be in the hospital for at least a couple weeks. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

His surgery will be on Friday.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Just read that S. Clay Wilson yesterday was taken to the ER after not being able to get out of bed. He has fluid on the brain and needs surgery to relieve it and will be in the hospital for at least a couple weeks. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

His surgery will be on Friday.

:wishluck:

"Frightening event today: Wilson stopped breathing, heart stopped, with eyes wide open but not seeing. He is stabilized now in the ICU. May have been a seizure. He's hooked up to lots of monitors, and now resting. Scared me out of my wits, pounding on his back, yelling his name til he took a breath &help came...hope for answers tomorrow...."

Please keep S. Clay in your thoughts.

For those of you who like a little politics or social commentary with their dose of underground/alternative comics, check out Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt by Chris Hedges and Joe Sacco. Published by Nation Books, it's about 60% text, 20% non-sequential illustration and 20% graphic novel format, and as such is probably not going to show up in too many comic shops. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, and it's an engrossing if somewhat depressing read. Like everything else it's available on Amazon.

STK468314.jpg

wondering if any of you could help. i picked up the 1st app of maus from howard with i really liked and want to find more now. i cant find anywhere that lists other appearances in order they were published. anyone know where i can find this? id rather get the comics than the trade.

1973 Short Order Comix #1

Raw Vol I #2, that mag & the next 9 consecutive issues had a Maus chapter inserted as a Mini in each issue.

There is a good article about Maus that was written by Justin Farrell in the 2010 Fogel Supplement. You are welcome to PM me if you need any further info.