• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,304 posts in this topic

Not necessarily, first, it has to be original owner, second, it has to be unusually nice (consistently high grade in this case). There was one UG collection brought to CGC's attention a couple of years back that had even more books than mine but it was in much lower grade, averaged fine to VF or so. They decided even though it was extensive the grade wasn't there & they would not give it pedigree status (Malcolm White I think).

I remember we discussed this a couple years ago and some of us came to the conclusion that there may not be a Underground Comix Pedigree because at the time it was stated the pedigree needed a collection in the thousands. Appears that that requirement was wrong or has changed. I suggested another collector had a collection that may be a pedigree, but don't know what ever happened with that owner's views on that.

The collection in the thousands bit was what the dealer handling that colletion thought since they turned it down. It appears now it was turned down because of condition. BTW, there are a couple of golden age pedigrees that only have a hundred or so books.

I remember we discussed this a couple years ago and some of us came to the conclusion that there may not be a Underground Comix Pedigree because at the time it was stated the pedigree needed a collection in the thousands. Appears that that requirement was wrong or has changed. I suggested another collector had a collection that may be a pedigree, but don't know what ever happened with that owner's views on that.

Alternative Media Comics & Stories, 1970 mini, Gilbert Shelton, includes a never reprinted Freak Brothers story.

IMG_1212_zps50202076.jpg

Heard of it but never seen one before. Didn't know it had an unreprinted FB story - awesome!

I got this last month, it has the textured cover and it is in high grade. It took me a few years to hunt this down! I messed the back cover photo a bit up.

wi13a_zps14764308.jpg

wi13b_zpsb5f3c0c8.jpg

The stars have never aligned long enough for me to pick up a nice copy.

Tough key book. Well, key for Corben fans. Tough for everyone. (thumbs u