• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,304 posts in this topic

Thanks 00,I've got the third print but it did have the glasses with it.Nice shape but a wrinkle on the back.Seen the cover many times and always loved it.

Here's the scan and be glad you DON"T have the glasses.It'll really screw with your brain.It's worse than some of the 3D I've seen from the 1950's.

HTD003.jpg

Dan Fogel is working on the second edition of his guide, scheduled to come out late this year. This time, he is going to do a limited hardcover editon of approximately 100 copies. In the next day or two, I will post pre-ordering information for those of you interested in reserving a copy for yourselves.

Dan Fogel is working on the second edition of his guide, scheduled to come out late this year. This time, he is going to do a limited hardcover editon of approximately 100 copies. In the next day or two, I will post pre-ordering information for those of you interested in reserving a copy for yourselves.

I'm in :D

Fogel is taking pre-orders. The prime benefit is that you will get free shipping & be guaranted a copy (and a low number for the S & N copy if that is your thing).

P.S. I have nothing to do with this sale, just doing this as a service to those of you that might have interest in this. But I did pre-order a limited edition copy for myself.

Per Fogel, it is not going to be published until around the end of 2012.

FUG_2_Flyer_Pre-Sale.jpg

Dan just told me that the total run will be 3000 copies, 2900 of the regular edition & 100 of the limited signed edition.

Fogel is taking pre-orders. The prime benefit is that you will get free shipping & be guaranted a copy (and a low number for the S & N copy if that is your thing).

P.S. I have nothing to do with this sale, just doing this as a service to those of you that might have interest in this. But I did pre-order a limited edition copy for myself.

Per Fogel, it is not going to be published until around the end of 2012.

FUG_2_Flyer_Pre-Sale.jpg

I have a Zap 2 fifty cent cover. What does heavy cover stock mean. Are we talking baxter paper? Graphic Novel? What's the real trick with this one.

Ed

I have a Zap 2 fifty cent cover. What does heavy cover stock mean. Are we talking baxter paper? Graphic Novel? What's the real trick with this one.

Ed

If you can scan the front cover and post it, there are a few "tells" other than cover stock that should help to identify which one it is.

Here are my latest two Underground SS books, signed by Joyce Farmer, a pioneer Wimmen's Libber in comix and William Stout, who became a very famous straight artist doing dinosaur illustrations.

IMG00877-20120317-2200.jpg

IMG00880-20120317-2201.jpg

Both Spain Rodriguez and S. Clay Wilson canceled appearances last year. I am hoping to pick them up and get Larry Todd on a high grade Dr. Atomic #1, and also hopefully pick up a Ted Richard this year. :cloud9:

I've gotten bitten by the underground bug pretty hard.

Both Spain Rodriguez and S. Clay Wilson canceled appearances last year. I am hoping to pick them up and get Larry Todd on a high grade Dr. Atomic #1, and also hopefully pick up a Ted Richard this year. :cloud9:

I've gotten bitten by the underground bug pretty hard.

(thumbs u

One of the best parts of collecting Undergrounds is learning the printings so you can discover how to pick up early prints on the sly...

For example, last week I purchased a nice Zap Comix #0 (1st print) for $35 because it was listed as a 3rd print but description stated NUMBERED PAGES.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)