• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks for NOTHING Bill Sienkiewicz!
2 2

619 posts in this topic

Make up shirts that state - I paid $100 for this?

Hell, might as well make some money on this

No can do. I'm sure Bill retained the publishing rights for this.

No, it's fine to do so. It's making a critique on BS's work and comic illustration in general.

Do it, or I just might. I'll hang it in a gallery and call it my own work of art. Thanks for the idea.

Let Bill come out and try to sue anyone making posters or shirts of this. The media attention this would generate for B.S. would not be a good thing. Let alone he would probably lose.

After 3 years, I wonder if BS had been hanging out with Moose the Mooche ?

Sorry to say that is one sorry sketch but I can't help thinking it looks very familiar..I wish I had my old sketch books..it seriously reminds me of something someone doodles for free at a con..

I have often wondered if you just sat down with a sketch book and pencils at one of the empty tables at a con how many people would believe you if you conned them that you were an artist who worked on some highly reguarded work under an alias..

I know I sat at a booth for some artist friends once and people would come up and put a sketchbook in my hand..I was nice enough to say Oh come back in five minutes..

instead of my idea to draw a stick figure and say Okay that will be $30

it's "stick man" from my up coming title "stick figures in action" for an extra 10 I will draw you a sexy picture of his girlfriend "stick gal" (not to be confused with Stick Girl his ex there is a torrid love triangle going on in the storyline) Stick gal wins out her bewbs are bigger..

I spent the thirty minutes my friend were gone trying to draw a decent picture and curious onlookers looked expectant like I was going to seriously sketch something awesome lol..

Well, fast forward to today, 11/14/2010.

I finally have my sketch. Bill was in attendance at the Austin con and I spoke to him yesterday about our previous phone conversation from last year and that I would still like to have my sketch. I told him that I didn't care what it was, a creature of some sort of his creation, I just wanted my sketch that I paid for three years ago. He remembered the situation, was very apologetic, and told me to come back to pick it up today. I did so, shook his hand, and went on my merry way. I showed it to a couple of guys at the con, including Richard (Bedrock), who seemed to like it, or the story that goes with it anyway.

Well, here it is, tell me what you think... :insane:

BillSinksketch.jpg

Sorry, this is awful.

Maybe giving him a little more direction as to what to draw for you might have been a good idea? It seems BS took "draw me anything, I don't care what it is" to heart.

I finally have my sketch. Bill was in attendance at the Austin con and I spoke to him yesterday about our previous phone conversation from last year and that I would still like to have my sketch. I told him that I didn't care what it was, a creature of some sort of his creation, I just wanted my sketch that I paid for three years ago. He remembered the situation, was very apologetic, and told me to come back to pick it up today. I did so, shook his hand, and went on my merry way. I showed it to a couple of guys at the con, including Richard (Bedrock), who seemed to like it, or the story that goes with it anyway.

Well, here it is, tell me what you think... :insane:

BillSinksketch.jpg

Sorry, this is awful.

Maybe giving him a little more direction as to what to draw for you might have been a good idea? It seems BS took "draw me anything, I don't care what it is" to heart.

I did give him some direction. I said that I wanted a sketch with a horror element....horror, not a cartoon troll. Horror is a broad genre, but it could have been a werewolf, a vampire, a zombie, you get the picture. This is not what you would think of when you mention the word horror. Horror-ible maybe, but not horror. I left it open ended so that I would finally get something. Well, I got something. Not sure what the hell it is, but I got it. I did nothing wrong in this matter. I was as patient and forgiving as anyone could be and wanted this to work out for the best. I had written of the idea of ever receiving anything, but when I saw he was going to be on the Austin con guest list, I felt it necessary to go to him and remind him of our past conversations. Unfortunately, it did not work out for the best and I am wiser for it.

I want to thank all of you guys for having my back on this as I am sure that I may be contacted by his handlers. I don't want there to be any ramifications for me and I will not say anything else about it. In our litigious society, I am sure there is something he could try to sue me for, because after all, I would be the bad guy for not accepting this gracious "artistic gift" with reverence and awe.

Thanks to all of you for the laughs...they have been great.

I think the symbolism in this piece is strong. The condom on the head. He's calling you a . :gossip:

So be it.

Yeah. How dare you expect him to do something you paid him to do three years ago.

The nerve of you. What were you thinking?

I think the symbolism in this piece is strong. The condom on the head. He's calling you a . :gossip:

So be it.

Yeah. How dare you expect him to do something you paid him to do three years ago.

OK Dice.....I admit it....I am an ungrateful, selfish , bastid. That's how I roll.

So be it.

OK Dice.....I admit it....I am an ungrateful, selfish , bastid. That's how I roll.

lol^^

Someone should really notify Bill or at least his "people".

Would love to see him hung out on this one.

I sent him an email with a link to this thread. He deserves to know how his attitude can have ramifications down the road.

By the way, he won't sue. It would cost him too much and he would never win. We can criticize his art. It is a free country. The OP is just letting us know what we can expect when we deal with him.

So be it.

Bill Would Day "That's How you Troll"

I did give him some direction. I said that I wanted a sketch with a horror element....horror, not a cartoon troll. Horror is a broad genre, but it could have been a werewolf, a vampire, a zombie, you get the picture. This is not what you would think of when you mention the word horror. Horror-ible maybe, but not horror. I left it open ended so that I would finally get something. Well, I got something. Not sure what the hell it is, but I got it. I did nothing wrong in this matter. I was as patient and forgiving as anyone could be and wanted this to work out for the best. I had written of the idea of ever receiving anything, but when I saw he was going to be on the Austin con guest list, I felt it necessary to go to him and remind him of our past conversations. Unfortunately, it did not work out for the best and I am wiser for it.

I want to thank all of you guys for having my back on this as I am sure that I may be contacted by his handlers. I don't want there to be any ramifications for me and I will not say anything else about it. In our litigious society, I am sure there is something he could try to sue me for, because after all, I would be the bad guy for not accepting this gracious "artistic gift" with reverence and awe.

Thanks to all of you for the laughs...they have been great.

I agree that you are not at fault here. For $100, this piece is just plain sloppy from top to bottom, regardless of what "horror" creature BS was trying to create here.