• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I've had the pleasure of leafing thru this copy raw and it is every bit as spectacular as it looks!!!  :applause:

The raw pleasure did look spectacular!

On 4/9/2023 at 1:47 PM, MrBedrock said:

The raw pleasure did look spectacular!

If you're taking requests Ricky, I'd sure like to see your copy of Mystic #3 again! The picture sidebar with the Blue Blaze at the top is super cool!!!   :banana:

Below is his splash page from my copy of Mystic #1  :)

Mystic Comics 1 3.jpg

On 4/9/2023 at 10:01 PM, sartrexpress said:

I wonder if one day 'some' Timely art work will ever be discovered. Even with the paper drives it just seems that more of it would have survived. 

daring 5 8.0.JPG

daring 6 9.4.jpg

daring 7 9.6.JPG

I remember seeing printed examples in a Marvel Comics index (the issue featuring Subby, I believe) by George Olshevsky of some early Everett Marvel Mystery art, I think for issue #7. I have to believe that they are still out there in private hands. That same Marvel index has the Everett color cover prelim to Marvel Comics #2 (evidently didn't know it was going to change to Marvel Mystery at the time of production). I believe THAT still has to be out there as well. Heritage has had several Subby pages from All Select #2 and a few covers, although it appears that the Schomburg Human Torch #16 cover has disappeared from their archives. These two covers are still there though, and both of them would be a welcome addition to my art collection!!! No, I don't own either of them.

Blonde Phantom 20 cover Syd Shores smaller.jpgCaptain America 68 cover Ken Bald smaller.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 4/10/2023 at 9:08 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I remember seeing printed examples in a Marvel Comics index (the issue featuring Subby, I believe) by George Olshevsky of some early Everett Marvel Mystery art, I think for issue #7. I have to believe that they are still out there in private hands. That same Marvel index has the Everett color cover prelim to Marvel Comics #2 (evidently didn't know it was going to change to Marvel Mystery at the time of production). I believe THAT still has to be out there as well. Heritage has had several Subby pages from All Select #2 and a few covers, although it appears that the Schomburg Human Torch #16 cover has disappeared from their archives. These two covers are still there though, and both of them would be a welcome addition to my art collection!!! No, I don't own either of them.

Blonde Phantom 20 cover Syd Shores smaller.jpgCaptain America 68 cover Ken Bald smaller.jpg

I think Halperin owns these two (not positive on the Blonde Phantom) and the Torch 16 cover.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 4/10/2023 at 10:23 AM, Frisco Larson said:

This is the Everett Marvel Comics #2 cover prelim I was talking about!!! SOMEONE owns this, I just don't know who! 

Marvel Comics 2 cover prelim.jpg

I was told by Jerry Wiest that Marvel was the original winning bidder in the Sothebys Auction. 

On 4/10/2023 at 7:23 AM, Frisco Larson said:

This is the Everett Marvel Comics #2 cover prelim I was talking about!!! SOMEONE owns this, I just don't know who! 

Marvel Comics 2 cover prelim.jpg

It would have been great to have two covers in the run with the MARVEL COMICS logo. Goodman believed in the Angel so much to scratch the first Subby cover and opted for the Angel. 

On 4/10/2023 at 11:52 PM, Primetime said:

I've grown to love this cover - Schomburg's sophisticated hoses/gauges, the helmet of death, Blue Blaze in his speedo swimsuit, and the creature behind him with shoes on LOL

...and wearing nothing else! I think we can surmise what was meant by "...the monster of evil" was behind The Blue Blaze. :bigsmile:

Yep, that's an awesome Schomburg cover. He spent a lot of time detailing the lab. (thumbsu

On 4/12/2023 at 12:57 PM, Primetime said:

USA 14 swiped from Schomburg’s Torch 12 

Vince Alascia apparently discovered the samurai sword wielding executioner that Alex roasted on the cover of HT #12 had a twin brother and traced his whereabouts. :gossip: 

:cheers:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale!