• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

here's one QUALITYCOMIX, bought some detective comics from him ,been over a month no books!!!!! he just keeps saying sorry for the delay..........

i guess since it was not a $1500 book ,he could give a rats azz

Not exactly true. The initial delay was because when you made payment via paypal, you didn't specify which books you had purchased in the paypal description like I had asked.

Anyways, I apologize for the additional delay. Your books are on their way as of yesterday and should be there tomorrow or Thursday.

Brent

:applause:

That was easy! Wasn't it?

Good job!

John :hi:

here's one QUALITYCOMIX, bought some detective comics from him ,been over a month no books!!!!! he just keeps saying sorry for the delay..........

Not exactly true. The initial delay was because when you made payment via paypal, you didn't specify which books you had purchased in the paypal description like I had asked.

Anyways, I apologize for the additional delay. Your books are on their way as of yesterday and should be there tomorrow or Thursday.

Brent

I would say, that this problem has been worked out. :applause:

I am all for support Nick, but Buffy Fan failed to name anyone.

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

Just waiting for a little leadership mon capitaine.

No, I believe Brent will come through, as he always has done.

However, does that mean that we all ignore the 'weird kid' who right now has a valid complaint? Because he's not one of the 'witty come-back' gang? Because we just know that he truely hasn't got a problem? (ComicSupply, anyone?)

And actually worse than that, we don't just ignore him, we instead spew out this pointless, nonsensical sub-greggy garbage?

Yeah, I'm ranting, but please, all of you, get a grip. rantrant

Well, Brent and Tom are obviously communicating with one another about the matter, so what, as a group, should we do now?

Whatever you want us to do my Leader.

Leader my azz. That's the problem with the probation thread, too many Indians and not enough Chiefs.

You'll can do what ever you want. It doesn't matter who is on the list and who isn't. People will still buy from and sell to whom ever they want. It's like Old Guy said, give 'em a link to the devil's sales thread and they will click on it in a heartbeat.

We don't have any authority over anyone to make them do anything. It might as well be renamed the rant and vent thread because that is all that ever gets accomplished. Well, maybe a side order of shame gets passed around once in a while.

I have to disagree with you on this one, DW. The probation thread is about providing information that the rest of us would otherwise not be privvy to. It allows those of us that buy and sell to keep our facts straight and make informed decisions. The perfect example is the fact that I had two very good deals with nascar when he popped up here on the boards the second time. Just when I was getting ready to pursue a potentially massive transaction, he showed up on the Probation thread and it caused me to re-think, and, quite likely saved my azz on the deal. Is it perfect, no. But it is information that can be very useful.

I am all for support Nick, but Buffy Fan failed to name anyone.

Furthermore, do you really think that Brent aka QUALITYCOMIX isn't going to mail the books out to tomc? If so, then by all means let's string him up and put his name on the "list."

Just waiting for a little leadership mon capitaine.

No, I believe Brent will come through, as he always has done.

However, does that mean that we all ignore the 'weird kid' who right now has a valid complaint? Because he's not one of the 'witty come-back' gang? Because we just know that he truely hasn't got a problem? (ComicSupply, anyone?)

And actually worse than that, we don't just ignore him, we instead spew out this pointless, nonsensical sub-greggy garbage?

Yeah, I'm ranting, but please, all of you, get a grip. rantrant

Great post!

Well Probation doesn't have to be a permanant thing, the purpose was to bring it to everyone's attention when a transaction was not completed within a reasonable amount of time(30 days).

I also thought that one could be removed from Probation if the situation was resolved with the parties to the offendeds satisfaction, which is what happened with Cap FFreak, correct? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for pirate to start up his own "Welcher" thread instead of putting him back on the Probation list?

The reinsertion of Freek happened when Pirate decided to unilaterally update the probation list. I think we should go back to the "official" probation list being only posted by one person. Divad pretty much handled that in the original list, although he seems to not want that responsibility here. If he doesn't, then I say Scheradon take over that responsibility, since he's the one who had the initiative to start this thread.

I still think someone on the list shouldn't be taken off the list immediately just because they finally made good on the broken deal that got them on the list in the first place. They should stay on the list for 1 month afterwards so there's a reasonable chance for people who don't check out this thread daily to find out that that person was capable of doing a bad deal recently.

Kudos for the guys trying to keep the thread On-Topic.

It would help if the thread were stickied, so folks don't see the need to keep bumping it. But I can also see that having a PROBATION THREAD glaring out from the top of the selling forum isn't grand either.

Brent

i have been hearing this for three weeks!!!!!! you were the one who emailed my the wrong list. i sent you the right list in responding email, and yes i f'ed up by not including the book and issue numbers with paypal payment. but you have not sent me my books and all i get is "books going out tomorrow."

Brent

I would say, that this problem has been worked out. :applause:

the problem will be worked out when i get my f-ing books!!!!!!

another thing what the f#$k is not exactly true???

it is either true or false.

me and quality satarted our deal on the 22 of sept. hear it is the 23 of oct and no f-ing books.........

the rules are if you do not complete transaction within one months time you are on the list. but no, the rules just apply to some.

me and quality satarted our deal on the 22 of sept. hear it is the 23 of oct and no f-ing books.........

the rules are if you do not complete transaction within one months time you are on the list. but no, the rules just apply to some.

Here are the rules:

Established members with hundreds of positive transactions, years of board participation, and support from dozens of Forumites will be given every consideration (Brent) while whiny newbie wankers (like yourself) will get promptly *IGNORED*. :sumo:

I see your point Jive, but I've got to disagree with you on this. Time spent here should not provide access to additional consideration in breaking generally accepted rules here. THAT being said, TOMC, I do think the way you present yourself here will go a long way in garnering support from fellow members.

But, I'm still a newbie here myself so just my 2c;)

I see your point Jive, but I've got to disagree with you on this. Time spent here should not provide access to additional consideration in breaking generally accepted rules here. THAT being said, TOMC, I do think the way you present yourself here will go a long way in garnering support from fellow members.

But, I'm still a newbie here myself so just my 2c;)

My point was simply that he seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill and then using terms like "f-ing books" and ranting up a storm doesn't help his cause.

There is a difference between reporting a legitimate complaint and going overboard, the former being what this thread is supposed to accomplish and the latter being a problem that infects this board on Oh-So-Many levels.

Apparently there was a goof. Brent apologized. The books are on their way. Case closed.

Tom,

You're showing a side of yourself that I'm sure most people don't want to see and neither do I.

I checked our database and you've purchased and were satisfied with an order from us in early September. That and my reputation should let you know that you were going to receive your books. I will once again apologize for our lack of promptness in shipping your order. Here is your delivery confirmation number: 9101 1288 8230 0025 8025 10. You should receive your order either tomorrow or Thursday as I have already mentioned.

You paid on September 25th, so I still had a few more days to get you your books before you should've brought it to the boards attention. Since your order took so long to be shipped, which I take full responsibility for, I can offer you free shipping on your next order. Please PM me when you receive your books and let me know if you are satisfied with them or not and we'll go from there.

Brent

Tom, rules are indeed rules but one must always temper those rules when the circumstance dictates. Open communication is obviously the cornerstone on which all good transactions are built. And I must say from the outside it looked like you were watching the clock tick down so you could cry foul play as soon as possible, rather then letting a dealer whom you have dealt with before make good on what was owed to you.

It does sound like Brent was slow to ship and that understandably irks you. But try to remember he has a good track record here. It has nothing to do with him being in a "good ol boys club" he paid his dues and earned the respect of everyone here. But , it just so happens your deal this time around was not to your liking, and it sounds like Brent made good on shipping once a fire was lit. Perhaps it was not a bad thing you voiced concern, but rather how you voiced it.

Most of the time we all follow through like we should in our transactions here, and other times life gets in the way and we drop the ball.( I know I have) If you have problems in the future dont think your voice will not be heard if you have a serious beef. But saying to somebody "deadlines up sucker.. your on probation" is not why the rules are here.

They are hear to protect people from bad buyers/sellers.

2c

Ze-

i have dealt with a few sellers on here, not one complaint. i payed in a timely fashion, they shipped in a timely fashion. i have bought comics from quality comix off his web site, they were at my house in 3 days. that is why i cannot understand the delay with my purchase off here and the source of my fustration.

brent , i have heard "it is in the mail" from you 3 times i believe. so yes you are seeing a side of me i don't like either, but i do not like getting jerked around.

if i offended anyone, sorry, but i will call bullcrap when i see it.

jive mo turkey, yeah i am a newbie. i did make a legitimate complaint and it turned into a for a better lack of terms a free for all.

Edited by tomc

Hey ,..I bought some books from Brent last month ,and they are on the way.I'm sure if I were contacting him daily ,saying "hey ,I really need these ASAP ...he would have done it.But ,it was no big hurry for me ,and I know he's busy ...(as we all are ) ,so when I reminded him ,he PROMPLY responded ,which is what everyone wants. As long as communication is there ,...there should not be a problem ,...within reason ,of course .....BH.....

Also , all the time Brent is having to take to respond to this ,is taking up his valuable time to ship other books ,Like MINE !!!!...where are those books ANYWAY ???...BTW ...I forgot what books I bought !!.....deal w/ this guy first Brent....

Here are the rules:

Established members with hundreds of positive transactions, years of board participation, and support from dozens of Forumites will be given every consideration (Brent) while whiny newbie wankers (like yourself) will get promptly *IGNORED*. :sumo:

Yeah, that approach worked reeeeeeal well with Lighthouse. meh

And before anyone gets on my case, I personally had no doubt that Brent would take care of it...as I said in a much earlier post.

However, that does not diminish the feelings of somebody who has waited some time to get what he paid for...irrespective of whether he's a member of the old boys network or not.

i have dealt with a few sellers on here, not one complaint. i payed in a timely fashion, they shipped in a timely fashion. i have bought comics from quality comix off his web site, they were at my house in 3 days. that is why i cannot understand the delay with my purchase off here and the source of my fustration.

brent , i have heard "it is in the mail" from you 3 times i believe. so yes you are seeing a side of me i don't like either, but i do not like getting jerked around.

if i offended anyone, sorry, but i will call bullcrap when i see it.

jive mo turkey, yeah i am a newbie. i did make a legitimate complaint and it turned into a for a better lack of terms a free for all.

Any more questions or concerns on this transaction Tom, please PM me, and I will respond promptly.