• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

yessirs.

I asked for a scan of the book. He sent the scan I looked at it. I like what I saw. I said I accept and will send him payment wed (today)/thurs(tomorrow) and he responses back i quote..

Well to be honest with you I had no idea that this book was even in demand, after your initial post I had 3 other people interested it as well, I responded with the same offer to them since I didn't know who would be seriously interested or not and 2 others wanted it as well. So for now I am going to hold off selling it on the board.

:boo:

That's what you call a dickmove (tsk)

pretty dumb.............looks like he didn't realize that you'd pay a fair price, no ebay fees, etc. but was all twitterpated about having three people wanting "his copy". Wanted a bidding war, but what he got so far is ebay fees and nothing else.

Luckily it's not a rare book and anyone that wants one can likely get one.

I want a NM 87 CGC 9.6.. even if he lowers it I don't want it from him. Too many copies out there. (and not willing to pay for a $300+ CGC 9.8)

this might be a post for another thread... but does anyone have examples of books with this much disparity between a 9.6 and 9.8? :insane:

maybe X-Factor 6?

I'm out $240 to Matmarvels, for six X-23 comics, which He says shipped 11/22/07. I understand I should'nt have waited so long to post this... at least now I can say I gave Him more than the benifit of a doubt to resolve this problem... at the moment He hasn't replied to My PM's. this was My 1st buy thru these forums. now it will probably be My last.

I'm out $240 to Matmarvels, for six X-23 comics, which He says shipped 11/22/07. I understand I should'nt have waited so long to post this... at least now I can say I gave Him more than the benifit of a doubt to resolve this problem... at the moment He hasn't replied to My PM's. this was My 1st buy thru these forums. now it will probably be My last.

Did he supply a tracking number or proof of shipping?

Did he supply a tracking number or proof of shipping?

And was it sent Surface or Air? And was there insurance? hm

importantly

were they 6 slabs or 6 raws

as there is no realistic way to send 6 slabs by airmail to the US or Canada without costing close to $100. (there's a 2kg weight limit for standard airmail)

if it's gone surface mail to canada then there is a very real chance that the items are still en route, particularly as christmas has been in the middle.

surface mail to canada is spectacularly slow, to the US very slow, but not quite as awesomely slow.

I've had a surface mail package from canada take 7 weeks to get to me, even without christmas in the way.

it's about a month my record from the states.

Who are these people? I`ve never heard of half of the members who are cited in this thread. Are they "real" members or do they just come on to buy or sell? If the latter, then it seems dealing with this type of "fellow board member" is just as risky as dealing with some anonymous stranger on eBay.

Who are these people? I`ve never heard of half of the members who are cited in this thread. Are they "real" members or do they just come on to buy or sell? If the latter, then it seems dealing with this type of "fellow board member" is just as risky as dealing with some anonymous stranger on eBay.

That's why I keep suggesting at least a minimal post count be required before selling here, but I'm just a lonely voice in the wilderness, derided for expressing such a sage recommendation. :cry:

It is an issue that is only going to increase in importance. People were registering for the sole purpose of buying from the VCC last week. I used to be one who said let everyone buy and sell willy nilly, but I am coming over to your camp, DP.

How come people always pay me? Even the 3 buyers with a combined 4 posts have paid me for some VCC purchases? (shrug)

They're "afeared" of you . . . :insane:

:acclaim: