• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Could we add Chunkybutt to the list. I have been holding a stack of books for him since february. I have made contact with him recently, sent a total and he has not responded. I am tired of chasing the guy for the money. I will notify him of this post and allow him to chime in as per the rules. The guy is really nice, I do like him. But leaving me with little to no responses for so long brings me to this.

If he completes the sale, I will return and ask him to be removed.

Looks like you've been patient enough and followed all the standard guidelines. He will be added to the probation list.

I am utterly shocked here.

I admit I am a new guy, a new guy who has completed dozens of transactions (all as buyer) with several board members. Every single board member has been immediately paid upon agreed price.

Like I told ressurection in my first response, I do not remember ever getting into a deal with him, I remember being in talks with someone over some Thor books back in Februaury before I could not get back on the net.

I asked what books they were and if he had a link to the post as I could find no links except our past deals (by the way all of which were flawless transactions)

he responded with a price and a threat to put me on probation list.

The price was $50 I think. I am not a welch, I have spent over $2,000 this month alone (well June actually) with board members, I am not a complainer even though I have been waiting over a month for books now from a certain member who has not responded yet and I have been waiting patiently for almost 3 weeks for books being held up by canadian post.

The fact that I was not given 24hrs to respond to this kinda pisses me off.

I am sending Resurrection his $50, burn the fukin books I do not want them.

Eric, you owe Pat an apology.

He has been more than fair by giving you 5 months to pay for purchases and

sending multiple PMs about the books. He reluctantly and calmly put you on

this list and he took the time to include links to the sales.

I can understand forgetting about a purchase but I can't understand why you

wouldn't reply to a PM with a simple 'what books' to clear up the misunderstanding.

You made a mistake and jumped into this thread guns blazing rather than

communicating.

Got to agree, an apology is owed hre big time. I actually think Reserction is being restrained as i would be angry on a different level . reading through those post show all the books were purchased. . PM were not responed to then to come here and kill the seller after he waited months. I would actually keep the money and burn the books now. ( Nah never burn comics just put them up for sale again).

Eric, you owe Pat an apology.

He has been more than fair by giving you 5 months to pay for purchases and

sending multiple PMs about the books. He reluctantly and calmly put you on

this list and he took the time to include links to the sales.

I can understand forgetting about a purchase but I can't understand why you

wouldn't reply to a PM with a simple 'what books' to clear up the misunderstanding.

You made a mistake and jumped into this thread guns blazing rather than

communicating.

Got to agree, an apology is owed hre big time. I actually think Reserction is being restrained as i would be angry on a different level . reading through those post show all the books were purchased. . PM were not responed to then to come here and kill the seller after he waited months. I would actually keep the money and burn the books now. ( Nah never burn comics just put them up for sale again).

I think you owe the Resurrection an apology for a brutal reference of his name 'Reserction' ?

I apologize in advance for my forthcoming comments. I really like the Boards, Board members, and I strive to be a good Boardie myself. However, I have to say this. These Boards are a striking example of a good ole boys club, particulary this probation process, as it stands. Trust me, I have been ed over, on occasion, over the years by other Boardies. I have never called out a Boardie on either this thread or any other thread. Why ? Because I recognize the Boards as a good ole boys club. I would get backlash from the 'I partied with this guy, I know what he's about' crowd with bandwagon jumpers soon to follow. Not worth it. With the exception of Sharon, a true voice of reason, I ask my fellow Boardies to give a little respect to the other guy, recognize the process, and don't jump immediately on the bandwagon. Thanks for listening.

Can someone point out a situation where anything like the bold section above was actually used as a reason to excuse clearly probation worthy behavior?

I can't remember a situation where someone was clearly in the wrong and then given a pass because of who they drank with, can anyone else?

These boards can be swift and unrelenting and unforgiving but usually it is this way to the ones truly deserving it's ire.

There is a process and a patience necessary to truly get to the bottom of a situation and to discover who wronged whom. That is undeniable. However, I have never experienced these boards defended the wrong party. I don't think that's accurate.

Hey everyone jumpin in not knowing the whole story.

Pat's only response to me in the 3 months I was not here read "Resurrection has removed himself from this PM" that is it.

And as I said before, I do not see any sales threads besides the ones we have completed.

I ASKED HIM (when I responded to his PM that he says I did not) "CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH BOOKS THEY WERE?" that was my response that he received at 6:12am the morning after the only PM he has sent me in 3 months, the only other said he has removed himself and the others were all completed transactions.

I apologize to every person on here except Pat.

Why is it so easy for him to post the thread now and could not post it for me in the PM's we had back and forth that he says we did not?

He has my email and my address, hell I think he has my phone number, if he was so concerned about $50 do you think maybe he could have tried contacting me another way, especially seeing that I was inactive for 3 months.

Maybe I had a family emergency that prevented me from getting online.

My initial response to him that he says I did not have was,

#2808713 - 06/29/11 06:12 AM Re: I never got a response from you

chunkybutt chunkybutt

If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Loc: cincinnati, OH I cannot find the list of books anywhere that you are talking about.

Please send me the list again and I will check it out. I was buying alot of books from alot of different people. I see that we have had transactions before, I am assuming it was you that I was in negotiations with Thors??? maybe before my son went into the hospital, if that is the case I apologize for leaving you hanging.

Eric

Edited by chunkybutt

Nick, reading the response from Chunkybutt, should hopefully, prove that YES!! EVERYONE should be given the right to respond.

You are not dealing in life or death situations here, there is absolutely no reason not to give people time to respond. I think 24 to 48 hours is the minimum, I'd like 72, after all, people do go away for weekends.

If there was a person with a gun pointed at you, I could understand the rush to take action...these issues are not life threatening, they ARE issues,and of course people get emotional...why on earth make instant decisions?

BTW, I think Pat also has the right to read Chunkybutt's response and answer.

Sharon, I appreciate your point. And this situation with Chunkybutt definitely shows confusion between the parties involved.

I don't know if there's confusion between the parties. Pat had a sales thread. Pulled a big stack of books, Chunky forgot all about them, failed to check his own (very short) posting history where he would have seen the posts where he took the books on the first page of his history. Chunky failed to respond to PM's for quite a long while, and only when he was added to the Probie list decided it was time to respond.

His response, given the posting history showing CLEARLY what actually happened, to come in here guns blazing, claiming ignorance, blaming Pat instead of taking a simple 30 seconds to check his own posting history is pretty ignorant.

That's not how I define confusion. There are a bunch of other great adjectives that would work though.

You're kinda right, although expecting someone with 160 posts to be as conversant with the search function as you are isn't necessarily realistic. .

I want to think you are joking here. If you are, then I applaud you. If you aren't then I couldn't disagree more.

I didn't expect him to use the search function.

I expected him to be able to click on his own screen name, then click on "view posts", his posts from Pat's sales thread where he posted :takeit: repeatedly are right there on page 1.

I have seen Chimpanzees that have learned sign language and I can't expect a board member to know how to see his own posts?

I can't imagine setting the bar for understanding and comprehension that low. With that little amount of expectation we should be applauding him for mastering the mysterious and delicate art of breathing.

Mr. Chunkybritches completely jumped the gun and made an out of himself here and attacked a board member who waited 3 months longer than he had to to report him for non paying. If he would have taken 10 seconds and looked at his own posts he might have avoided denying buying the books that everyone can see he committed to take.

If we can't expect forum members to know how to see what they posted or to read their own PM's I don't know how we can expect them to even find their way to the forum in the first place.

Pat's only response to me in the 3 months I was not here read "Resurrection has removed himself from this PM" that is it.

And as I said before, I do not see any sales threads besides the ones we have completed.

I ASKED HIM (when I responded to his PM that he says I did not) "CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH BOOKS THEY WERE?" that was my response that he received at 6:12am the morning after the only PM he has sent me in 3 months, the only other said he has removed himself and the others were all completed transactions.

I apologize to every person on here except Pat.

Why is it so easy for him to post the thread now and could not post it for me in the PM's we had back and forth that he says we did not?

He has my email and my address, hell I think he has my phone number, if he was so concerned about $50 do you think maybe he could have tried contacting me another way, especially seeing that I was inactive for 3 months.

Maybe I had a family emergency that prevented me from getting online.

My initial response to him that he says I did not have was,

#2808713 - 06/29/11 06:12 AM Re: I never got a response from you

chunkybutt chunkybutt

If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Loc: cincinnati, OH I cannot find the list of books anywhere that you are talking about.

Please send me the list again and I will check it out. I was buying alot of books from alot of different people. I see that we have had transactions before, I am assuming it was you that I was in negotiations with Thors??? maybe before my son went into the hospital, if that is the case I apologize for leaving you hanging.

Eric

I read your posts in Pat's sales thread from Jan/Feb.

It looks like you bought and paid for a group of books and then made another group of purchases.

Those are the only posts you made in Pat's sales thread from Jan/Feb.

Can't you see those in your post history? It's got to be that second group of books.

LMAO . You got me there, I hate typing on these small phones and when I make a mispell I hate going back. I just usually hope no ones see it . Thanks for catching me

there bomer-bob

I think you owe the Resurrection an apology for a brutal reference of his name 'Reserction' ?

Nick, reading the response from Chunkybutt, should hopefully, prove that YES!! EVERYONE should be given the right to respond.

You are not dealing in life or death situations here, there is absolutely no reason not to give people time to respond. I think 24 to 48 hours is the minimum, I'd like 72, after all, people do go away for weekends.

If there was a person with a gun pointed at you, I could understand the rush to take action...these issues are not life threatening, they ARE issues,and of course people get emotional...why on earth make instant decisions?

Sharon, I appreciate your point. And this situation with Chunkybutt definitely shows confusion between the parties involved.

I don't know if there's confusion between the parties. Pat had a sales thread. Pulled a big stack of books, Chunky forgot all about them, failed to check his own (very short) posting history where he would have seen the posts where he took the books on the first page of his history. Chunky failed to respond to PM's for quite a long while, and only when he was added to the Probie list decided it was time to respond.

His response, given the posting history showing CLEARLY what actually happened, to come in here guns blazing, claiming ignorance, blaming Pat instead of taking a simple 30 seconds to check his own posting history is pretty ignorant.

That's not how I define confusion. There are a bunch of other great adjectives that would work though.

You're kinda right, although expecting someone with 160 posts to be as conversant with the search function as you are isn't necessarily realistic. .

I want to think you are joking here. If you are, then I applaud you. If you aren't then I couldn't disagree more.

I expected him to be able to click on his own screen name, then click on "view posts", his posts from Pat's sales thread where he posted :takeit: repeatedly are right there on page 1.

I have seen Chimpanzees that have learned sign language and I can't expect a board member to know how to see his own posts?

I can't imagine setting the bar for understanding and comprehension that low. With that little amount of expectation we should be applauding him for mastering the mysterious and delicate art of breathing.

Mr. Chunkybritches completely jumped the gun and made an out of himself here and attacked a board member who waited 3 months longer than he had to to report him for non paying. If he would have taken 10 seconds and looked at his own posts he might have avoided denying buying the books that everyone can see he committed to take.

If we can't expect forum members to know how to see what they posted or to read their own PM's I don't know how we can expect them to even find their way to the forum in the first place.

lol, page one huh. Yeah I see that. He was paid immediately afterwards.

Like I said before we have had a couple transactions.

lol, page one huh. Yeah I see that. He was paid immediately afterwards.

Like I said before we have had a couple transactions.

I saw where you paid him...he mentions it in one of the posts.

Then you made a second group of purchases. I posted the links earlier.

You said you didn't remember who he was so I posted the links to what we could all see.

I apologize in advance for my forthcoming comments. I really like the Boards, Board members, and I strive to be a good Boardie myself. However, I have to say this. These Boards are a striking example of a good ole boys club, particulary this probation process, as it stands. Trust me, I have been ed over, on occasion, over the years by other Boardies. I have never called out a Boardie on either this thread or any other thread. Why ? Because I recognize the Boards as a good ole boys club. I would get backlash from the 'I partied with this guy, I know what he's about' crowd with bandwagon jumpers soon to follow. Not worth it. With the exception of Sharon, a true voice of reason, I ask my fellow Boardies to give a little respect to the other guy, recognize the process, and don't jump immediately on the bandwagon. Thanks for listening.

Can someone point out a situation where anything like the bold section above was actually used as a reason to excuse clearly probation worthy behavior?

I can't remember a situation where someone was clearly in the wrong and then given a pass because of who they drank with, can anyone else?

These boards can be swift and unrelenting and unforgiving but usually it is this way to the ones truly deserving it's ire.

There is a process and a patience necessary to truly get to the bottom of a situation and to discover who wronged whom. That is undeniable. However, I have never experienced these boards defended the wrong party. I don't think that's accurate.

I can think of at least one. Either way, I agree with bob. If I tried to bring a complaint against a well established boardie, everyone would trip over each other to defend them. If the roles were reversed, I'd be burned at the stake for screwing over a longtime boardie. I recently had an issue with a boardie but there's no possible way I can bring it up given who he is and who I am in relation to Standing on the boards. If I had done to them what happened to me though, I'd be on the probation list in 5 seconds IMO.

This may be part of the communication breakdown right here.

Did you realize once someone has removed themselves from a PM thread, they never get another alert you have posted in that thread?

After your reposting how to do it, I wish I had been joking! :blush:

Anyway, granted, "search function"was the wrong term. My bad. But it's not at all obvious that you can click on a user's name, then click a link to see all their posts. That's just not obvious. It's bad UI. Remember all that controversy about being able to click on the name of the user whose post is being responded to, to see that post? That wasn't clear to a bunch of people. Also bad UI.

As for chimps learning sign language, I haven't seen the new Planet of the Apes yet, but next time try a little courtesy by including a SPOILER ALERT!!!

I never said I did not know who he was. I said I did not remeber having any books ordered and not paid for.

Using the search functions I see that he did not invoice me for 2 weeks after I posted the "I'll take it". I t must have slipped my mind and in my initial response to him was simple. "Tell me which books they are, if I left you hanging I apologize" that does not seem like a demanding or hard to accomplish request.

Instead he response with a probation list threat.

It seems to me that you just want to argue. So I am done, he got his money I did not get the books so he made out.

Are either of you guys gonna be at super-con? I'd like to buy you both a beer and discuss this further without the delayed response of a chat board.

Eric

Chris, I'm fairly computer literate...It took me a while to figure out you could click on the screen name...I guess I missed it in the welcome manual;) and I agree with Dan, there is no indication underneath it, that there is information if you click on it, I figured at first it was a link to an email.

I only got here, cause a friend kept telling me about it;) That's how many of us got here, with a link;)

There is a definite break in his postings btw...3 months.

:bump:

This may be part of the communication breakdown right here.

Did you realize once someone has removed themselves from a PM thread, they never get another alert you have posted in that thread?

And if someone is having a conversation in a dead thread, the only person getting the message is - well - you.

Chris, trust me, I mean no disrespect. Being local, I actually know you from years ago, when you would set up at the show on Golf Rd or stop into the LCS on Jackson street downtown (Can't remember the name of the store but the manager was Rex). I know you as an honest dealer and a standup guy. However, I fail to understand why you are so vehement in your arguments in this thread. As Sharon said, these are only comics books, and only 50 dollars worth. ????