• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I got the same pm. It has been over 30 days for me. If it doesn't ship by Monday I plan on requesting a refund too.

I don't blame you. I don't doubt the guy makes nice clocks but this isn't the way to do biz.

Hey Mark :hi:

I can understand your frustration, but I've dealt with Jim on a few occasions and sometime he does get behind. They are pretty nice clocks for the price.

That said, I really wanted that Iron Man clock but you were able to snag it first.

If it would ease the tension a little, I would gladly paypal you the amount you paid for it and I will PM Jim and tell him you weren't interested in waiting any longer and just add it to my order.

I know Jim is good for the product and I don't mind waiting... so I just thought I would put that out there :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

Hi Rupp,

I actually bought two clocks and I certainly would have been willing to wait for them from Jim.

The facts he has been on PL just makes me not want to do biz anymore at this point especially with the poor communications.

If you want to work it out with him that cool. Just PM me once it's worked out.

I'm cool with it if you want it.

Heck PM what your other clock was and I may jump on that one too.

I will get back with both of you later on this evening and hopefully all will work out for everyone ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Nice move Rupp ! (thumbs u

I can understand boardies getting upset with Jim as they have good reason because I have dealt with Jim before and he did take quite some time to ship as well. With that being said, I did get the feeling while communicating over several weeks with Jim that he was a genuine guy and not out to rip me off, he was just a slow shipper.

I’d still buy from Jim again knowing full well in advance that it may be two months before I get my books. lol

Is anyone in here familiar with board member BetterRunCharles? He agreed to purchase an FF #48 from my sales thread 14 days ago and was supposed to send a money order to my customer (it was his book). I was notified on Monday that payment hadn't been received yet. So I sent BetterRunCharles another PM on Monday asking what was going on with this. He hasn't read it yet.

He only has 32 posts in here so he's on here very infrequently. It could be that he just forgot about it but he was the one who initially contacted me about the book through PM. I'm just wondering if someone on here knows him so I might be able to contact him via e-mail maybe.

I know he has 30 days so I know it's not PL worthy yet.

Maybe Charles already ran? lol

, it's hard to remember who beefs with whom sometimes. Although Branget, you go at everyone right? (Except me of course. :angel:)

I only have a beef with one boardie.

I am an equal opportunity, class A mess disturber. It gets me in trouble. Some find it entertaining while others are annoyed.

If anyone takes it more seriously than that........well they can look in the mirror.

I hate long posts. lol

I think youre a dork :baiting:

Thanks guys. I expect faster service I guess. I'm sure he's a really good guy.

I used to buy these 20+ at a time from him. They're good clocks but he makes them and I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he takes so long to ship is because he hasn't made the clocks yet. I used to sell these through a LCS but the resell time was too unpredictable for me.

, it's hard to remember who beefs with whom sometimes. Although Branget, you go at everyone right? (Except me of course. :angel:)

I only have a beef with one boardie.

I am an equal opportunity, class A mess disturber. It gets me in trouble. Some find it entertaining while others are annoyed.

If anyone takes it more seriously than that........well they can look in the mirror.

I hate long posts. lol

I think youre a dork :baiting:

:acclaim:

Is anyone in here familiar with board member BetterRunCharles? He agreed to purchase an FF #48 from my sales thread 14 days ago and was supposed to send a money order to my customer (it was his book). I was notified on Monday that payment hadn't been received yet. So I sent BetterRunCharles another PM on Monday asking what was going on with this. He hasn't read it yet.

He only has 32 posts in here so he's on here very infrequently. It could be that he just forgot about it but he was the one who initially contacted me about the book through PM. I'm just wondering if someone on here knows him so I might be able to contact him via e-mail maybe.

I know he has 30 days so I know it's not PL worthy yet.

Maybe Charles already ran? lol

lol Maybe. (thumbs u

I used to buy these 20+ at a time from him. They're good clocks but he makes them and I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he takes so long to ship is because he hasn't made the clocks yet. I used to sell these through a LCS but the resell time was too unpredictable for me.

I can't figure out where the link is to these amazingly conversational timepieces are. (shrug)

I can't figure out where the link is to these amazingly conversational timepieces are. (shrug)

+1

I've been wanting to see them as well.

Don't do business with Crash Hartley (Craig Pekios)

I sent him money for a statue on this thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...275#Post7963275

Since I paid him, he hasn't responded to any of my messages. I found this listing on ebay for the same statue with the same pictures and same number. Probably the same seller.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Mary-Jane-Sideshow-Collectibles-Statue-2099-J-Scott-Campbell-/141379550539?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item20eae0bd4b

I sent him money for a statue on this thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...275#Post7963275

Since I paid him, he hasn't responded to any of my messages. I found this listing on ebay for the same statue with the same pictures and same number. Probably the same seller.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Mary-Jane-Sideshow-Collectibles-Statue-2099-J-Scott-Campbell-/141379550539?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item20eae0bd4b

I can't get either link to work. (shrug)

I just wanted to protect the guy in case he did the right thing.

In the future, maybe exhaust all attempts to work things out via PM or wait the full 30 days before mentioning here? Even if you don't SAY who it is, people can speculate on your post history and like this instance, that can have negative consequences to an unrelated, innocent party. 2c

I don't agree and I tried to work it out via PM. He barely answered my PMs until I threatened to file a claim. This is a discussion thread. I wanted advice before I did anything. Thankfully I don't have many issues with purchases or sales on this forum and this is probably the second time I've even had an issue with anyone selling me something here.

If people want to speculate that's their issue...I just wanted to get some advice before outing the person.

I got the advice and then learned this person was on the PL before. I wouldn't have known this without my original question.

Sorry to have caused any drama but that's what I thought this thread was for...discussions of possible PL worthy issues.

And if I don't get a refund in 4 days I am nominating him for the PL list.

Mark, you've done nothing wrong. You've done your best to resolve this without drama and asked for advice for all the right reasons.

If people want to dredge through your posts to id the person that's their right and you can't control that.

Sales thread

eBay listing

Sales thread

eBay listing

Despite the appearance of bad faith on the seller's part, I think the 30 day rule is still in effect, yes?