• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I appreciate all of your efforts, I really do, but making this thing a "mathematical formula" is the wrong way to go.

+1

OK...I was just trying to flesh out what the formulaic approach would look like. Remember, a few pages back I elaborated a less formulaic approach, which was criticized for being too subjective.

So, too much subjectivity is a problem, and too much of a formulaic approach is a problem. So, we're back to the line drawing problem...where to draw the line, in particular.

Understood. With several hundred participants it will likely be impossible to please everyone. I just wanted to give my input while I was on here.

I certainly did not ask nor did I expect the poll to be deleted, I merely voiced my opinion after I thought a decision had ALREADY BEEN MADE...and

after Metal PSI said something about Hustruck having 15 shills.

I think the board voiced an opinion. My only problem was/is that I think we need to take more time before posting these polls/votes in the future. To me at least, the board made a decision. He should be added, if someone wants him off the list, there needs to be another poll.

This. The board did make a decision, and he should be added to the HOS.

If changes need to be made to the process or to the HOS/PL in general, great. But that's a separate issue.

This!

Has he done anything particularly nasty that warrants his inclusion on the same list as other board members who have scammed people out of thousands of dollars? No. But this is a preemptive measure to avoid that from occurring later on and it is also justified because of his habitual violations thus far.

I voted no as well. The HOS isn't meant to be a preemptive measure - it's meant to single out the worst of the worst.

You only read half of that statement. He is a serial violator. That is why he was nominated.

This is a preemptive measure in the sense that it is being done before he has a chance to commit a scam the size of which would be a clear cut HoS induction. Read everything else I wrote. He does not need to be doing business here and has proven it time and again. Do not defend him because you incorrectly view this as witch hunt due to some of the stupid and insensitive things he has posted.

Edited by darkstar

I apologize for the rest of the illuminati

We don't mean to rule your lives, but we do.

No you don't

That was a joke son.

Wasn't funny

:shrug: Ok

Please don't call me son or boy either.

You got it. Anything else?

Sell me all your maxx and ticks comics lol

I only have my Maxx reader copy's I bought as a kid. You don't want um. lol

i don't get it? we're all willing to over look his shady actions based on technicalities? that's foolish ... there's countless stories on here about his buisness ethics, he hasn't even attempted to deny any of them because they are all true and he knows it. I posted a post about him on Instagram and about 10 more stories popped out the woodwork with in 10 mins. I'm new to the boards in a sence I don't post much but I run multiple businesses so I'm not new to dealing with people and money. Guys like him no matter what list you make or put him on are cancers and if not cut out immediately will spread, by allowing him to Wiesel out of the HOS on a technicality your encouraging other wiesels to take a shot at shady tactics. as I was once told on the boards "time is a flat circle" if you allow him back your opening pandoras box and history will repeat. just my 2 cents now back to the Cowboys game ?

It was hard to wade through the posts to see it, but some people wanted actual pm/screen caps and such from you since you're the main nominator. If you could provide those, it would make his nomination a lot easier

what do you want to see to help? we texted back and forth I have no problem at all sharing that conversation if that helps? you can also go on 4comix Instagram page and see more stories? I'll do what ever helps... is there a way to extract a whole conversation off an iPhone? or is multiple screen shots and piecing them together the only way? thanks

It would be especially helpful if you can show the message in which he showed you the bogus pic of the cracked slab. This is very important because one other Board member had already posted earlier in this discussion that Hustruck had offered excuses in a similar fashion and also with a picture of a cracked slab.

I think anybody guilty of outright intentional deception, especially when they refuse to admit it, accept any responsibility or given any indication of remorse or any inclination to change, don't need to be here.

Im no saint, but I cant imagine lying that big (fake pictures), and if I did and got nabbed, I'd expect it to be curtains for me.

There are honest mistakes, mistakes out of desperation, and then just outright deception.

4Comix, I checked out your link on Instagram. It is interesting that the comments by those guys are very similar to the ones here. A common theme is that people were skittish to out him for the way he was acting until they saw that there were many others with a similar experience.

"b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender. "

This definition isn't definitive enough for me. Plus, when has someone been put on the HOS for interferring with someone's business? Fo-real? Fo-Rizzle?

It's the CapFreak clause.

i don't get it? we're all willing to over look his shady actions based on technicalities? that's foolish ... there's countless stories on here about his buisness ethics, he hasn't even attempted to deny any of them because they are all true and he knows it. I posted a post about him on Instagram and about 10 more stories popped out the woodwork with in 10 mins. I'm new to the boards in a sence I don't post much but I run multiple businesses so I'm not new to dealing with people and money. Guys like him no matter what list you make or put him on are cancers and if not cut out immediately will spread, by allowing him to Wiesel out of the HOS on a technicality your encouraging other wiesels to take a shot at shady tactics. as I was once told on the boards "time is a flat circle" if you allow him back your opening pandoras box and history will repeat. just my 2 cents now back to the Cowboys game ?

Too many lawyers trying to be lawyers and not being a community looking out for each other

Too many lawyers trying to be lawyers and not being a community looking out for each other

Second both of these. I'm fine amending whatever rules govern all of this, but both of these sentiments are spot on.

I think anybody guilty of outright intentional deception, especially when they refuse to admit it, accept any responsibility or given any indication of remorse or any inclination to change, don't need to be here.

Im no saint, but I cant imagine lying that big (fake pictures), and if I did and got nabbed, I'd expect it to be curtains for me.

There are honest mistakes, mistakes out of desperation, and then just outright deception.

I agree 100% He is a cancer. To me I feel like our members are a cut above the average collector. If we allow a person to do the things he does,we are just opening the door for anyone else who wants to come here and try the same scams,lies etc.

I think most people can spot a doosh pretty easily on here. There are plenty of people who should probably not be allowed to be here but because of the way the system is, they are allowed to commit multiple transgressions. As long as they "make it right", they are off the hook...until the next time they do it.

The best bet is for people to make a personal list of who they won't deal with 2c

I agree 100% He is a cancer. To me I feel like our members are a cut above the average collector. If we allow a person to do the things he does,we are just opening the door for anyone else who wants to come here and try the same scams,lies etc.

Agreed. Unfortunately we have people here who will go out of their way to defend those people because of the way the rules are set up.

I think most people can spot a doosh pretty easily on here. There are plenty of people who should probably not be allowed to be here but because of the way the system is, they are allowed to commit multiple transgressions. As long as they "make it right", they are off the hook...until the next time they do it.

The best bet is for people to make a personal list of who they won't deal with 2c

You are correct sir.I have had a list of my "to go guys" and it has never failed me.