• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There's something happening here

But what it is ain't exactly clear

There's a man with a gun over there

Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop

Children, what's that sound?

Everybody look - what's going down?

You can bet your browser on it. Yeah it's him.

He used that very same avatar here.

Edited by oakman29

I used to be a mod there until it became too s tupid for words. They only sell junky books there,symbiotic will be able to rip people off without a hitch. :facepalm:

Sinatra and Buffalo Springfield...a renaissance person for sure;)

Sinatra and Buffalo Springfield...a renaissance person for sure;)

Still disappointed I am not going to the dead reunion show - I AM seeing Billy Joel again I'm August though and I've already started drawing up a menu for my Jimmy Buffett tailgate.

I used to be a mod there until it became too s tupid for words. They only sell junky books there,symbiotic will be able to rip people off without a hitch. :facepalm:

Why you say that? It's just a bunch of individuals selling on the site, somewhat similar to ebay isn't it? I've purchased books there with no issues; admittedly all low end stuff. I'm pretty sure I've seen other sellers here sell on that site too.

e (and no, "schmuck" is not bashing. It means foolish and obnoxious which he was).

Not to get off topic, but that is not generally how people who speak yiddish define schmuck.

It's a bastardized term. Kind of like how Chinese people don't actually eat sweet and sour chicken balls.

I don't speak Yiddish, but I grew up in NY, and the way it's described here, is the way it was used. Feel free to ask Seinfeld;)

http://www.sbjf.org/sbjco/schmaltz/yiddish_phrases.htm

As a Jew who grew up in NY and who speaks Yiddish I can 100% back Sharron's definition.

As an Italian who grew up next to two Holocaust survivors, I can also back Sharon definition.

Why you say that? It's just a bunch of individuals selling on the site, somewhat similar to ebay isn't it? I've purchased books there with no issues; admittedly all low end stuff. I'm pretty sure I've seen other sellers here sell on that site too.

The key point in your sentence is " low end stuff". Mostly if not all modern too.

Still disappointed I am not going to the dead reunion show - I AM seeing Billy Joel again I'm August though and I've already started drawing up a menu for my Jimmy Buffett tailgate.

:whee:

dead_zps3wvxbgyh.jpg

dead_zps3wvxbgyh.jpg

Blowie to Buzz:

tumblr_mnsxjvebo91qadi39o1_500.gif

dead_zps3wvxbgyh.jpg

Blowie to Buzz:

tumblr_mnsxjvebo91qadi39o1_500.gif

You should see what the July 3-5 shows are going for on the second hand market.

http://www.stubhub.com/the-grateful-dead-tickets/

I do want to say, specifically to SpideyFein, that I am very sorry that this happened. The fault is always on the scammer, but i am hopeful that it will become much harder for the f8%4ing scumbags in the future.

Speaking of scum bags, has there been any update on this debacle?