• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'd like to know also popcorn.gif
Your packages take forever to get to me...and I let you know about it.

You need your own thread where everyone can file through with a hi.gif and then you can pizz on them. At least it would all be confined one area. poke2.gif

Containment area cloud9.gif

With barb-wire fence and sniper tower. cloud9.gif

Don't try and make friends with me 893naughty-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif

sumo.gif

528.jpg

All hail Greggy! hail.gif

I had my first disappointing experience of buying from a board member recently - across two separate transactions.

In the first transaction, the books were shipped surface (takes two months) rather than airmail (takes two weeks). Whilst no shipping method had been positively agreed upon, I assumed that the books would be shipped airmail, since my previous purchases from the same seller had been shipped airmail. I felt that the seller should at least have contacted me to give me the option of paying more for airmail.

When the books did arrive, one, which had been graded at NM-, turned out to have water-damage throughout the bottom half of the book.

I entered into a second transaction with the same seller, and the price was discounted to take into account the water-damaged book. The price for this deal was to include airmail shipping. When I contacted the seller seeking confirmation of shipping, he advised that he had shipped surface, offering no explanation.

My follow-up email, expressing my disappointment that the books have been shipped surface, even though I paid for airmail, has been ignored.

Up until this point, my buying experiences on the board had been 100% positive.

Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Wouldn't have been a second transaction. Overseas shouldn't count as a package could show up 10 years later out of the blue.

You're right, of course. However, I'd concluded a number of transactions with the seller before these two, and everything had been fine. Perhaps a case of familiarity breeding contempt? What really disappoints me is the absence of any response to my last email - there's simply no excuse.

I don't feel comfortable giving further details on a public forum (these last two were not big-dollar transactions), but if anyone wants more info they're welcome to PM me.

You're defeating the purpose of this thread gossip.gif

I agree....I feel sympathetic towards your ordeal, but what's the point in bringing the situation to the "probation thread" if you won't warn the rest of the community about this person confused-smiley-013.gif

You're defeating the purpose of this thread gossip.gif

I agree....I feel sympathetic towards your ordeal, but what's the point in bringing the situation to the "probation thread" if you won't warn the rest of the community about this person confused-smiley-013.gif

You know..it's probably not the worst thing to bring out the name.. it's really how the seller works to resolve it with you that is the true character of the individual you're dealing with... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Two weeks .. that's nothing... I'm been waiting over a month for 2 members to get me books... one has been good... and responds to PM's ...the other ..nothing...

I have deadlines of 45 days to file claim with Paypal... but I think they'll still show up.. US postal service must be the most useless group around. foreheadslap.gif

If this happened to me on ebay I would have already filed. I’ve yet to have a package take more than 1 week to reach Canada, usually it’s 4-5 days. Are you certain its the post office and not lazy shipping? And to have a month go by with no response on the other is inexcusable. I don’t want a witch-hunt, but probation without any teeth is not going to do any good. If for some reason you don’t wish to out these people, I would truly appreciate a PM because they are not folks I would want to do business with.

10 days is the quickest I've ever recieved something from the States. Usually 2 weeks plus.

Same goes for when I send to the US.

Got a package in 3 days from NYC once. Couldn't believe it. gossip.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

OK - the seller was ft88.

It usually takes ft88 a while to respond to pms.

Yes but his dealings have been problem free for me.

I agree. Grading, Pricing and Packaging have been spot on!

Just saw the thread. I'll send TE a PM to spare any drama queen explatation and resolve it. Everything he said is correct, I just couldn't figure out if I had actually sent his package surface or air. I think air may have been abnormally expensive and while at the post office I decided to ship it surface rather than go through the back and forth of emails. I think total value was under $100 for 20+ books(?)

Anyway, good use of the Probation thread. How many strikes do I get before I sit in the corner?

Just saw the thread. I'll send TE a PM to spare any drama queen explatation and resolve it. Everything he said is correct, I just couldn't figure out if I had actually sent his package surface or air. I think air may have been abnormally expensive and while at the post office I decided to ship it surface rather than go through the back and forth of emails. I think total value was under $100 for 20+ books(?)

Anyway, good use of the Probation thread. How many strikes do I get before I sit in the corner?

893applaud-thumb.gif see..now that deserves kudos.. dude comes on and tells it straight.. this thread might be useful after all... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

One of my pet Peeves on the E-bay & the boards is the generic use of the "Free Shipping" heading.

This is quite frustrating in that I have purchased from a few people on the boards who advertise free shipping and all goes well and other times it opens a can of worms.

An example was when I purchased a group of about 20 Daredevil books from Nik (Flaming Telepath). He said spent $100 and get them shipped. No problems, shipping was included in the purchase price.

Then I see other offers on the boards that indicate free shipping and again all looks great. Only to find that the seller really means free local shipping but its full price if you live in another country.

I understand that the cost of airmail shipping can be quite high and it eats into money being made by the seller and no-one want to take a bath on price.

I just wish that people would "say what they mean & mean what they say" a little more often.

How hard is it to write "free local shipping" or "free worldwide shipping" in our adverts.

This is after all a worldwide chat forum that does cross coastal boundaries from time to time.

Thoughts confused-smiley-013.gif

Russ... popcorn.gif