• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

4/16/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Look at the bickering. This is the reason why this thread should be deleted, it’s childish, calling out a person because he didn’t pay, you have a problem with someone for not paying don’t deal with them again.

Look at the bickering. This is the reason why this thread should be deleted, it’s childish, calling out a person because he didn’t pay, you have a problem with someone for not paying don’t deal with them again.

Whilst the bickering isn't great, I'm afraid that simply 'not dealing with them again' doesn't wash.

You buy shoddy goods from a retailer, fine, don't go there again.

This, however, is a community, and alerting the rest of the community to wrong-doing by a member is, IMHO, something of a duty.

Or else it's not a community. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, the childish ones are the people here who think it's ok to waste my time claiming they want books, only to disappear when it comes time to pay. Adults follow through with their obligations, it's that simple. confused-smiley-013.gif

"Calling someone out" makes sure that they don't enter into more commitments that they can't live up to. Most people on here would appreciate that information.

It is not our job to start a thread about someone not paying that would only lead to bickering and flaming. What should happen is that we contact the mods and they take care of it or start a probation thread not us.

It is not our job to start a thread about someone not paying that would only lead to bickering and flaming. What should happen is that we contact the mods and they take care of it or start a probation thread not us.

It has previously been made very clear that the mods have absolutely no interest in this. It is not their job, it is not their responsibility.

Nor should it be. It's a community that should look out for each other and police itself.

This is the text under the link to the marketplace. The mods expect us to police ourselves, which is exactly what we are doing. I guess you prefer that we protect or ignore scammers and deadbeats so that they can get away with it again and again? Sorry, not going to happen.

"We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction."

This is the text under the link to the marketplace. The mods expect us to police ourselves, which is exactly what we are doing. I guess you prefer that we protect or ignore scammers and deadbeats so that they can get away with it again and again? Sorry, not going to happen.

"We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction."

Can we give you a custom title...Mr Reiterate? tongue.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

I am writing while you are posting. 893censored-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

I am writing while you are posting. 893censored-thumb.gif

So is your Avatar from the Re Iterater, or Re Animator?

Sorry it was there, it was easy.... I took it.

headbang.gif

But Andy is right imho, if there is a transaction gone sour I think it well within the best interest of everyone here to know what went down. If that means wading through pages of bickering to get a few usable bits of information then so be it. Aren't we used to that around here, if anything haven't we grown to expect it?

Out the bad eggs, if the case has legs it will stand on it's own, all bickering aside.

Ze-

Well If the mods wont help, what would be a good ideal is that we elect one person to start a probation thread, and when we have a deal gone sour we pm that person so he can post a name, no one else, that will stop any bickering or flaming.

Edited by 8milemax

Well If the mods wont help, what would be a good ideal is that we elect one person to start a probation thread, and when we have a deal gone sour we pm that person so he can post a name, no one else, that will stop any bickering or flaming.

Sorry, but you've got to have an open discussion. PMed complaints don't have validity and is more subject to abuse. Heck, every time someone gets mad at another poster....he would just have to PM the Probation Officer and make a false complaint. At least this way if you disagree with someone's claim, make your defense...clear your name...maybe even pay your debts.

Currently, some will accept responses such as ITtravel's and some won't. But he at least has had an opportunity to defend himself in a open forum.

Why do you have such a problem with this? Nobody has put you on the list...and you evidently don't have a person to add. So where's the heartache coming from? Personally, I haven't seen much flaming or bickering going on in relation to past threads devoted to one individual. Some of those threads were vicious in relation to this one where piling on and burning pitchforks was the norm...

Jim

I'm actually in favor of this thread 893whatthe.gif Keeps people who want to be informed informed and those that don't, don't have to click on this thread. And let's people defend themselves if need be. boo.gif. No need to flamed.gif or sign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif and people don't have to keep gossip.gif. I'm not talking screwy.gif, just trying to keep it straight. Most people are angel.gif, but there might be a few devil.gif and we don't want that hidden 893naughty-thumb.gif from others before it's too late and then people will be Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif & 893censored-thumb.gif and then this place will be full of insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif and then everybody will be sorry.gif, don't you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif?

Ok Johnny new-kid-on-the-block, I elect you. screwy.gif

Good Ideal sign-funnypost.gif

Good Ideal sign-funnypost.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I'm actually in favor of this thread 893whatthe.gif Keeps people who want to be informed informed and those that don't, don't have to click on this thread. And let's people defend themselves if need be. boo.gif. No need to flamed.gif or sign-rantpost.gif893blahblah.gif and people don't have to keep gossip.gif. I'm not talking screwy.gif, just trying to keep it straight. Most people are angel.gif, but there might be a few devil.gif and we don't want that hidden 893naughty-thumb.gif from others before it's too late and then people will be Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif & 893censored-thumb.gif and then this place will be full of insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif and then everybody will be sorry.gif, don't you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif?

My god, that might be the perfect intergration between graemlins and words. A true work of art cloud9.gif

My god, that might be the perfect intergration between graemlins and words. A true work of art cloud9.gif

shy.gifacclaim.gif Now how about some more 893applaud-thumb.gif & headbang.gif, but no need for hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif. Hope this is not putting anyone to sleeping.gif and keeping you popcorn.gif, our am I going too far with this? juggle.gif Maybe so... yeahok.gif

Actually, the childish ones are the people here who think it's ok to waste my time claiming they want books, only to disappear when it comes time to pay. Adults follow through with their obligations, it's that simple. confused-smiley-013.gif

"Calling someone out" makes sure that they don't enter into more commitments that they can't live up to. Most people on here would appreciate that information.

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif