• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Anyone have a problem with Artboy 99 (Karl)? I had one $50 transaction go well with him. But then did two more transactions with him - one for $300 and another for $250 - and I've yet to receive anything from him (he says he sent off the $300 order on 4/5). It's been a few days and he's not responded to a single email, which I find suspicious since he was always very very prompt at answering my inquiries when I wanted to buy from him. If anyone knows him or can vouch for him, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to attack him or doubt him, but this lack of communication is making me nervous.,

Hey all-received a shipping notification ( 893crossfingers-thumb.gif)and PM today. Seems to have been a clerical error on my $225 worth of books. What is still depressing is that it took my threatening to open a Paypal dispute to get a response back. I am a gullible sort and hope this was all a miscommunication, though I will not deal with this member again in the future. All's well that ends well I suppose! I am very glad to see that this thread is not "blowing up" and that most of our community is true and honest on deals made thumbsup2.gif .

yay.gifChris

hey, howabout helping your fellow forum members out, and giving up a name? don't be the one covering for an 893censored-thumb.gif-hole. let them explain their side of the story.

in a related note, but not specifically geared to dudeman, if i have a transaction wherein i send money and don't get books or send books and don't get money, and then find out that someone else had the same problem and didn't say anything, i'm going to be mighty pisssed off

I really don't care how you would feel Sid, and don't appreciate being baited. I wanted to wait until I had my books and story straight before telling my side.

I received my books today and would strongly encourage comicfreak to review his clerical procedures. My books arrived in top shape as described 31 days after purchase. This does not bother me as I understand how hard it can be to get to the post office. As a First Sergeant of Marines I understand a chaotic work schedule. But the lack of communication here is inexcusable, as my messages were read and postings by comicfreak made without responding to me, a simple courtesy. Only after I left a Paypal inquiry message did I get a response. Any member of the boards I have dealt with has been paid or shipped to promptly and I made it my mission to keep clear lines of comm open concerning status of shipment. Friendly and prompt service is what I am used to here, and I am disappointed at having to post this message. I will not purchase from comicfreak in the future.

Chris

If I may suggest. Keep this thread going but create a simple text file with the reprobates, date of last update and whatever details you feel should go there. Host it somewhere and supply a link. Keep the link in your sig if you like.

Then just update the file as needed and folks can work this thread but always just click the link for a current update.

4/13/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

acclaim.gif

Not. Funny.

btw, I've got a few books you might want . . .

• Rog #1 (1st print)
  • Famous Movie Stars of the 1930's #1
  • Eclipse, all #1's but especially pre-1986 and the 3-D's, Alien Encounters & Tales of Terror
  • Avengers annual 10
  • Zap #2 (1st print with the "Head First" offset downward error)
  • Freak Brothers #2 (1st print & 6th print)
  • TMNT #1 (2nd print)
  • Visions #1, 3,
  • Surfer mag. Feb 1972.

Oh, but wait . . . you're on the LIST! 893whatthe.gif

acclaim.gif

Not. Funny.

btw, I've got a few books you might want . . .

• Rog #1 (1st print)
  • Famous Movie Stars of the 1930's #1
  • Eclipse, all #1's but especially pre-1986 and the 3-D's, Alien Encounters & Tales of Terror
  • Avengers annual 10
  • Zap #2 (1st print with the "Head First" offset downward error)
  • Freak Brothers #2 (1st print & 6th print)
  • TMNT #1 (2nd print)
  • Visions #1, 3,
  • Surfer mag. Feb 1972.

Oh, but wait . . . you're on the LIST! 893whatthe.gif

Wow, that's some nice stuff you've got there, maybe you should hold on to a couple of those...

That Famous Movie Stars of the 1930's isn't a very sought after book, but it sure is hard to find for some reason.

Most of those more expensive others, as you know I couldn't afford now anyway.

I'm not doubting you on the Zap #2 (1st print) but would like to see scans posted or I think it's just 893blahblah.gif, but if you really do I know someone who would probably pay you twice what anyone else would pay. But I'm on the List...

As for the money, the way I see it. You agreed to hold off on payment. You then named me to try to shame me into paying you earlier than agreed because you thought I was buying books here when it turns out I wasn't. Nothing personal, but I don't think I'm going to be sending you money now. If others think I'm wrong so be it.

Don't forget the info. I offered to let you in on, I think you're going to wish you took me up on it, but time will tell....

As for the money, the way I see it. You agreed to hold off on payment. You then named me to try to shame me into paying you earlier than agreed because you thought I was buying books here when it turns out I wasn't. Nothing personal, but I don't think I'm going to be sending you money now. If others think I'm wrong so be it.

Let's see, according to you, continued excuses on your part for not paying me, constitutes my agreement to what? To let you not pay for books you bought over two months ago? insane.gif Then not replying to PM's I sent you . . . that means what?

Not sorry and entirely personal, you are a flake. sumo.gif

btw, I don't expect to receive any money from you, and certainly not a Christmas card 27_laughing.gif

the probation thread isn't so much about money as it is about communication.

i doubt there are many sellers here who wouldn't be 100% understanding of an unforseen financial situation that kept someone from following through on a purchase, as long as there was good communication from the buyer. even divad, as hard as that is to imagine. insane.gifpoke2.gif