• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It is not our job to start a thread about someone not paying that would only lead to bickering and flaming. What should happen is that we contact the mods and they take care of it or start a probation thread not us.

So your saying its OK if someone renegs on a deal since it only affects one person. What happens the next time when it involves more money or someone who is actually relying on the income from a sale? It has been made perfectly clear we are to police ourselves

I am 100% in support of this thread and feel that everyone, not just a few, but everyone that buys/sells on these boards should be educated about the activities of some buyers and sellers. If someone left divad or october holding the bag I would want to know this way I don't waste my time dealing with them.

I look at it more of a form of natural selection. You play by the rules then you belong, if not find a new home.

I was personally just like to thank Divad for removing the Zappa avatar and replacing it with 'the werewolf'. My eyes don't sting as bad, nor do my ears thinking of Zappa songs... poke2.gif

893whatthe.gif heretic poke2.gif

6666 Views.. Yikes.

Anyways, my contribution to this thread will be that I am not the quickest on the payment and shipments. My financial situation is like a rollercoaster ride, due to my parents right now. They have their money tied up in a new buisness and sometimes they need the reach from me which I have to oblige to. But no matter the case, I've always been very truthful about it to whoever I buy from and have ALWAYS made amends. Communication is key, above anything else and nobody here will shove it down your throat if you're upfront about it. I would probably elect myself on a few situations I've been in during here but then again like I said, I don't owe anybody anything on here, as far as I know. I buy when I know I can pay, sometimes it's a week late and I will explain before-hand if I can but due to often being suprised I've never had someone say they can't wait the extra 7 days. If you're going to be a deadbeat and ignore anyone though then well you deserve to be on here, even after making amends. Communicate or don't bother buying/selling on here.

Sid

4/17/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

4/17/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

How long is probation?

4/17/07 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

How long is probation?

99 - life

5/1/07 PROBATION UPDATE

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

I did something very, very stupid.

It involves not one, but TWO transactions I paid for via cheque and have not received them( cheques cleared over two weeks ago).

If the items do not arrive, would that qualify for utilizing this Thread???

shoulda-known-better-to-use-Paypal CAL flamed.gif

Two weeks .. that's nothing... I'm been waiting over a month for 2 members to get me books... one has been good... and responds to PM's ...the other ..nothing...

I have deadlines of 45 days to file claim with Paypal... but I think they'll still show up.. US postal service must be the most useless group around. foreheadslap.gif

I did something very, very stupid.

It involves not one, but TWO transactions I paid for via cheque and have not received them( cheques cleared over two weeks ago).

If the items do not arrive, would that qualify for utilizing this Thread???

Are you still in contact with these two board members ?

Two weeks .. that's nothing... I'm been waiting over a month for 2 members to get me books... one has been good... and responds to PM's ...the other ..nothing...

I have deadlines of 45 days to file claim with Paypal... but I think they'll still show up.. US postal service must be the most useless group around. foreheadslap.gif

If this happened to me on ebay I would have already filed. I’ve yet to have a package take more than 1 week to reach Canada, usually it’s 4-5 days. Are you certain its the post office and not lazy shipping? And to have a month go by with no response on the other is inexcusable. I don’t want a witch-hunt, but probation without any teeth is not going to do any good. If for some reason you don’t wish to out these people, I would truly appreciate a PM because they are not folks I would want to do business with.

If this happened to me on ebay I would have already filed. I’ve yet to have a package take more than 1 week to reach Canada, usually it’s 4-5 days. Are you certain its the post office and not lazy shipping? And to have a month go by with no response on the other is inexcusable. I don’t want a witch-hunt, but probation without any teeth is not going to do any good. If for some reason you don’t wish to out these people, I would truly appreciate a PM because they are not folks I would want to do business with.

I am one of the transactions with Paul. I have actually mailed his package 2 times now, the first time it was returned to me. And if his never does show, I'll put it in writing right here. I will give him a full refund. I wouldn't want my reputation soiled over one transaction gone array.

10 days is the quickest I've ever recieved something from the States. Usually 2 weeks plus.

Same goes for when I send to the US.