• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The way I look at it when shipping overseas is like this, if the buyer is purchasing more then $200 worth of books, I would charge him the going rate as shipping to the US or Canada as token of thanks, obviously if he purchases more then $200, I will eat the shipping confused-smiley-013.gif

But you rock Nik!

What about me confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll hit you with a rock! confused-smiley-013.gif

Let's get this thread back on track, and take the shipping discussion elsewhere . . . makepoint.gif

5/7/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

The way I look at it when shipping overseas is like this, if the buyer is purchasing more then $200 worth of books, I would charge him the going rate as shipping to the US or Canada as token of thanks, obviously if he purchases more then $200, I will eat the shipping confused-smiley-013.gif

But you rock Nik!

27_laughing.gif

I'll do it for you in Chicago shy.gif

I had my first disappointing experience of buying from a board member recently - across two separate transactions.

In the first transaction, the books were shipped surface (takes two months) rather than airmail (takes two weeks). Whilst no shipping method had been positively agreed upon, I assumed that the books would be shipped airmail, since my previous purchases from the same seller had been shipped airmail. I felt that the seller should at least have contacted me to give me the option of paying more for airmail.

When the books did arrive, one, which had been graded at NM-, turned out to have water-damage throughout the bottom half of the book.

I entered into a second transaction with the same seller, and the price was discounted to take into account the water-damaged book. The price for this deal was to include airmail shipping. When I contacted the seller seeking confirmation of shipping, he advised that he had shipped surface, offering no explanation.

My follow-up email, expressing my disappointment that the books have been shipped surface, even though I paid for airmail, has been ignored.

Up until this point, my buying experiences on the board had been 100% positive.

Why are people responding to this thread without giving the member's name?

It doesn't help anybody if you don't name names! Sheesh! frustrated.gif

I had my first disappointing experience of buying from a board member recently - across two separate transactions.

In the first transaction, the books were shipped surface (takes two months) rather than airmail (takes two weeks). Whilst no shipping method had been positively agreed upon, I assumed that the books would be shipped airmail, since my previous purchases from the same seller had been shipped airmail. I felt that the seller should at least have contacted me to give me the option of paying more for airmail.

When the books did arrive, one, which had been graded at NM-, turned out to have water-damage throughout the bottom half of the book.

I entered into a second transaction with the same seller, and the price was discounted to take into account the water-damaged book. The price for this deal was to include airmail shipping. When I contacted the seller seeking confirmation of shipping, he advised that he had shipped surface, offering no explanation.

My follow-up email, expressing my disappointment that the books have been shipped surface, even though I paid for airmail, has been ignored.

Up until this point, my buying experiences on the board had been 100% positive.

Why are people responding to this thread without giving the member's name?

It doesn't help anybody if you don't name names! Sheesh! frustrated.gif

somebody stopped reading the thread before they posted.... that's an automatic foul; 10 yard penalty for premature posting

But you rock Nik!

27_laughing.gif

I'll do it for you in Chicago shy.gif

tonofbricks.gif

But you rock Nik!

sign-funnypost.gif

ft88 has been in touch and the matter has now been resolved amicably and satisfactorily.

Tony

Even with the OT postings, this shows there is a place for this thread. Pin it Arch!!

Has there been any attempts by the regulars that keep getting mentioned in this thread to exhonorate themselves?

At some point months later I would myself have found a way if it were me. tongue.gif

5/10/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

comicmankev

donavan74

IITravel

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

I don't think any of the other members have posted in here except for me?

As stated before, I'm really not interested in sending my money to David, thought he had agreed to give me more time but then outed me here because he thought I was completing deals with others. He said I didn't respond to his PM and that I kept PMing him excuses. I don't know how long he plans to keep these names up for as it's been over a 1 month since he posted them, but I doubt he still has the issues I wanted so even if I where to still send the money for them, would they appear? But then I go back to not wanted to do business with him anyway. I don't think he's a bad dealer here, seems he has some really nice books listed and many have done business with him and have been pleased. But I've bought and sold with a few members since and have been please both ways.

And I'm still waiting for David to post scans of the issues he teased me with???

As stated before, I'm really not interested in sending my money to David, thought he had agreed to give me more time but then outed me here because he thought I was completing deals with others. He said I didn't respond to his PM and that I kept PMing him excuses. I don't know how long he plans to keep these names up for as it's been over a 1 month since he posted them, but I doubt he still has the issues I wanted so even if I where to still send the money for them, would they appear? But then I go back to not wanted to do business with him anyway. I don't think he's a bad dealer here, seems he has some really nice books listed and many have done business with him and have been pleased. But I've bought and sold with a few members since and have been please both ways.

And I'm still waiting for David to post scans of the issues he teased me with???

Why should he keep the issues in the hope that spring will bloom eternal? If October worked that way with all the bad luck he has had lately with deadbeats, the poor guy wouldn't have a book sold. You not paying for the books doesn't constitute that he will hold them forever in the hope you'll eventually pay. foreheadslap.gif

Just sound like a deal gone south due to lack of communication on both ends. And now the trust is gone. How very very sad! (insert crying graemlin here except we don't have one...how odd)

But it does beg the question......unless someone is a repeat offender how do they get off this list? Travel has moved on and had other successful deals with other board members. He clearly has no intentiion of paying Divad. Does he stay on this list forever?