• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I apologize for calling you a liar. That was wrong of me. I will refund you completely for the 3 books. You can just keep them as a good will gesture.

:applause: Now that is someone people can deal with

I presume that I will get the refund for the 3 soon, rather than wait for you to make a claim from USPS?

Yes, I already tried to a couple of times on my cell phone using my PayPal app, but I couldn't log on for some reason.

I'll send it when I get home.

I apologize for calling you a liar. That was wrong of me. I will refund you completely for the 3 books. You can just keep them as a good will gesture.

:applause:

Saw this in another thread. Looks like some people Akoni screwed are getting their books.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5757237&nt=171&fpart=170

There have been dozens and dozens of books sent off from Akoni's house and from CGC, due to the unbelievably hard work of tysalazar25, yagyare and Adonis - it might be in the hundreds. There are still a lot of people who are out money and books, but it is much better than it was 4 months ago.

i'm not sure they can do anything, but can you file a police report?

i'm not saying he'll go to jail or nothin', but a friendly knock on the door from an officer probably gets everything returned.

If he follows through with a police report, the police will certainly come to his door and the knock will not be friendly.

The seller sold the sketched slab for over $500 on eBay.

The boardie who got beat out of this book has proof (text messages/emails) from the seller, indicating that the book was owed to him.

As the slab has realized a value of over $500, the seller committed *grand larceny*.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/grand+larceny

That is not the seller's only crime.

By using a mail carrier to ship this slab (stolen property) over state lines, I am pretty sure the seller would be facing two criminal charges.

The latter charge is a Federal Offense, if I am not mistaken.

If the boardie files a police report, both of the charges would be set in motion, as far as I can see.

Finally, if 5 of us report this listing to ebay as suspected stolen property, the seller will get his due deserts from not only the criminal and federal offenses...but he would just about certainly be kicked off of eBay.

Is this about the sketch books? I thought this was cleared up a couple weeks ago. :shrug:

No, it has nothing to do with Akoni.

I was responding to Revat's post, regarding Lemonman5's nomination of DennisRodmanofSS,wherein Revat suggested that Lemonman5 might want to try filing a police report.

Nothing has been posted indicating that DennisRodmanofSS has lifted a finger, so far.Here is the first post from the first week of this month:

I would like to nominate DennisRodmanofSS to the HOS.

I used to buy and trade with him for a while, and we would do local trades, so I thought after a while he was trustworthy, and there's where the problem starts.

I had a Marc Silvestri Psylocke sketch that I got at SDCC (which took alot of effort to get), which he kept bothering me about. I told him fine, but the offer has the be really good. He says he has a Joe Mad sketch he would trade me, so I told him I would do 1:1 for that. So we meet and he doesn't bring the Mad, and brings a bunch of other sketches I really didn't want and told me that he would do all those sketches + a Amanda Conner sketch he would give me later. I reluctantly agreed because I really wanted the Conner, so I told him that he could give the Conner on another day. So a few weeks go by and he can't find the Conner and I tell him to give me something else in its place, which is ignored. I keep asking him to give me something to make up for the Conner and he just ignores me.

After only 3 months, the sketch he almost begged me for is now on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-1-9-8-CGC-SS-Marc-Silvestri-Sketch-Blank-Signature-Series-Cover-OA-Image-/281950106123?hash=item41a589320b:g:lSYAAOSwPc9W1OM7

My biggest fault was trusting him. I just thought that since I knew him for a while, and met with him in person that he would be alittle more trustworthy.

I just got a message from him saying that his phone wasn't working and he has the sketch for me. So please disregard the nomination

Posted 03/01/2016. Stop being such a CAK. And yes this was in regards to a sketch book, since the book was a sketch.

i'm not sure they can do anything, but can you file a police report?

i'm not saying he'll go to jail or nothin', but a friendly knock on the door from an officer probably gets everything returned.

If he follows through with a police report, the police will certainly come to his door and the knock will not be friendly.

The seller sold the sketched slab for over $500 on eBay.

The boardie who got beat out of this book has proof (text messages/emails) from the seller, indicating that the book was owed to him.

As the slab has realized a value of over $500, the seller committed *grand larceny*.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/grand+larceny

That is not the seller's only crime.

By using a mail carrier to ship this slab (stolen property) over state lines, I am pretty sure the seller would be facing two criminal charges.

The latter charge is a Federal Offense, if I am not mistaken.

If the boardie files a police report, both of the charges would be set in motion, as far as I can see.

Finally, if 5 of us report this listing to ebay as suspected stolen property, the seller will get his due deserts from not only the criminal and federal offenses...but he would just about certainly be kicked off of eBay.

:facepalm: resurrected a weeks old (and settled) matter to give bad legal advice? Were you too busy to comment then because you were building another 40 foot fire moat? Total CAK move.

Get your facts straight before you try to condescend to me.

The matter I responded to has not been settled.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, tool.

I just got a message from him saying that his phone wasn't working and he has the sketch for me. So please disregard the nomination

Posted 03/01/2016. Stop being such a CAK. And yes this was in regards to a sketch book, since the book was a sketch.

You are wrong.

Chaserman asked me if this was about the Akoni sketch books situation, to which you decided to dive right in with a personal insult against me, before I even replied to Chaserman's question.

It is about a sketch book but NOT Akoni's sketch book(s)*.....which was the post by Chaserman that you DIRECTLY responded to, with your childish slights at myself.

*Books as in plural and Akoni as in a completely different person, than DennisdRodmanofSS.

Lemonman5 has not stated that the matter has been settled, only that after months of waiting, DennisRodmanofSS finally *responded* to him after being outed publically.

If someone wasted my time and tried to beat me out of a $500 sketched slab, I'd file a police report , out of principle alone:

Did you attempt to contact him via private message about this in the past? If so did he read and ignore your pms? Why is he suddenly easy to find once you bring this to public attention?

Isnt' this how it works most of the time? Radio silence until someone takes it public.