• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hate to do this but I must.....

Forum member 'old man' is over 30 days delinquent on payment for some books he bought from me in early June. Like 30 dollars worth of stuff, an IM Special and some Worlds Unknown books. He said his paypal was messed up and ask to send a check or MO. I said sure and sent him the address. Haven't heard or seen anything from him since. I've PM'd a few times with no response.

He was a good customer prior to this so maybe something happened. I was going to just ignore it but people should probably know.

Something must have happened as I had a very nice and pleasant transaction with OM about a month or so ago.

Hope it works out in the end 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Forum member 'old man' is over 30 days delinquent on payment for some books he bought from me in early June. Like 30 dollars worth of stuff, an IM Special and some Worlds Unknown books. He said his paypal was messed up and ask to send a check or MO. I said sure and sent him the address. Haven't heard or seen anything from him since. I've PM'd a few times with no response.

He was a good customer prior to this so maybe something happened. I was going to just ignore it but people should probably know.

Something must have happened as I had a very nice and pleasant transaction with OM about a month or so ago.

Me too - Anybody check the date of his last post? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, he is a month or more delinquent on $1250 worth of stuff from me...I wish I had cd4's problems. crazy.gif

He claimed heath problems last time I spoke with him, and he has made good on a few thousand dollars worth of purchases before, so I am willing to cut him slack just in case he is sick again. I would appreciate it if nobody else sold him anything until he makes good on what he owes to others though.

Well, he is a month or more delinquent on $1250 worth of stuff from me...I wish I had cd4's problems. crazy.gif

He claimed heath problems last time I spoke with him, and he has made good on a few thousand dollars worth of purchases before, so I am willing to cut him slack just in case he is sick again. I would appreciate it if nobody else sold him anything until he makes good on what he owes to others though.

Ouch! 893whatthe.gif

That's a lot of cash!

His last post was June 18th, he bought some stuff from Hush.

I just hope he's ok.

Ouch! 893whatthe.gif

That's a lot of cash!

His last post was June 18th, he bought some stuff from Hush.

I just hope he's ok.

Did anyone try to e-mail him. Maybe some anwsers can be obtained via e-mail instead of a PM. I don't know the guy but, it sounds to me like he might have health problems.

hi.gif John

Sorry to hear that.

I just want to let you know that i'll take the IM special + The World Unknown #2,6 ,7 & 8 right now if you're ok 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Let's give it a few days to see if he reappears.

I'll pm ya.

Did anyone try to e-mail him. Maybe some anwsers can be obtained via e-mail instead of a PM. I don't know the guy but, it sounds to me like he might have health problems.

Yep, tried email as well. No response.

Well, we can add another $1691 (plus shipping, natch) to old man's debt.

For almost two months I have been strung along with various tales of Paypal problems, problems with the IRS, etc and was finally promised a down-payment of $450 on Thursday.

To my utter shock, payment never appeared. yeahok.gif

I now discover that I am nothing like the only one he has strung along. I am actually out of pocket by $725...two of the books he 'bought' 27_laughing.gif were on consignment and because I trusted old man 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif, I've long since paid the consignor.

Anyone close to Saint Cloud, Florida, who would like to do some 'up close and personal' debt collection? frustrated.gif

For almost two months I have been strung along with various tales of Paypal problems, problems with the IRS, etc and was finally promised a down-payment of $450 on Thursday.

I now discover that I am nothing like the only one he has strung along. I am actually out of pocket by $725...two of the books he 'bought' 27_laughing.gif were on consignment and because I trusted old man 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif, I've long since paid the consignor.

Anyone close to Saint Cloud, Florida, who would like to do some 'up close and personal' debt collection? frustrated.gif

893whatthe.gif My Gawd!!! That's terrible!!! Really sorry to hear this, FT. crazy.gif

893whatthe.gif My Gawd!!! That's terrible!!! Really sorry to hear this, FT. crazy.gif

It's alright...we've taught the Maine Coons how to forage for food...they're out there now rustling something up for tomorrow's dinner.... crazy.gif

IMG_1436.jpg

St. Clouds not that far away.

Yep, tried email as well. No response.

Wow! I feel bad for you guys. I wish you all the best in recovering your losses.

It must suck for you guys when this happens. I feel for you.........

frown.gif

Given the Marketplace messes as of late maybe we should all update our profiles with what we consdier our "safe tab limit".

I think I'm safe up 'till about $200.

This goes for buying and selling.

I'll take tabs up to $200 or make one up to $200.

After that... pay up!

sumo.gif

I dislike doing this, but I want to give fair warning that by Monday I will be adding Sid to this list if I don't get a resolution of some sort, he has read but not responded to PMs about an invoice that dates back to May.

Hopefully he just has been busy with life-things and can contact me about this ASAP. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I dislike doing this, but I want to give fair warning that by Monday I will be adding Sid to this list if I don't get a resolution of some sort, he has read but not responded to PMs about an invoice that dates back to May.

Hopefully he just has been busy with life-things and can contact me about this ASAP. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

OH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE 893censored-thumb.gif KIDDING ME!!!

Our man Sid owes me $200.... frown.gif

Shoot me now.....

OH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE 893censored-thumb.gif KIDDING ME!!!

Our man Sid owes me $200.... frown.gif

Shoot me now.....

Sid hasn't posted in three weeks. I think he took a powder. crazy.gif