• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It should be pretty simple really.

If you commit to buying the book, pay for it in a timely manner. There are pros and cons to layaway payments. If you dont have the $$, dont bid.

Sellers should send out bought items in a timely manner. There is absolutely no excuse once you are paid in delaying shipping the product, period.

Forget this I will out someone if my book is not received or I dont hear from them soon or if he/she has not paid yet.

I am guilty of this one as well and its hard to call out someone but I strongly believe its the honorable thing to do.

We are supposed to be better then Ebay and are held more accountable then Ebay buyers and sellers, maybe its time to fit that image.

You're right about this I am trying to get this person to respond without embarassment first. Maybe I still too much of a whimp. Should I just go ahead and mention who it is to warn others of potential problems?

I think if we are going to resolve the ongoing issues in the Marketplace, we clearly have to start sooner rather then later.

This said I am not you nor am i speaking for you but something I will do if it happens to me.

Okay, I bought the BB 93 the Chi Bamm in the PGM thread. We worked out a deal which we were both happy with and we kept in constant contact via PMs up until the actual purchase which was on July 6th(I paid him via paypal). I have not seen or heard anything since. I checked his postings and they stopped July 11th. So I don't know what happened. Maybe he is in the hospital or in another country who knows. I tried PM ing him once since but it is unread. I have emailed him but nothing.

If I would have heard something I would have waited longer. It only takes 2 minutes to email someone and say look I'm sorry there is a delay and I will send it out this time.

I wasn't trying to imply anyone did anything wrong. I think going over two weeks is pushing it myself. Of course I'm a little spoiled by people like Nik and October who ship same day or next day. Maybe I'm impatient, but that's how I feel.

Of course, I was in the process of trying to work out a trade with someone else and during the back and forth the package of books that I had was forgotten about and I had them for months. The first time I was waiting for a reply and they got buried under some other stuff, the second time I had some personal things going on, but this was not something as cut and dry as someone sending payment.

Great! I got two PM's about Chi now. One where he "screwed" someone over about some books and another where they had to threaten to out him on the boards to get their books :tonofbricks:

Edited by comicjunkie

I give them a week to email back after I've paid them, after that it's too late. If you accept payment then there aren't any excuses. (shrug) If you're going on vacation then let the buyer know before he pays you. It's just common courtesy.

Just my 2c

If paid right away, the book/s should be in the buyers hands in less then 3 days

Unless they are from Europe or even worse, Canada :o

Edited by nik

Any updates to this? hm LMK :sumo:

7/6/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap_FFreak

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Nascar

old man

8/7/07 PROBATION UPDATE

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

bronzejunkie

Cap_FFreak

Chi Bamm

comicmankev

donavan74

Herald2Galactus (1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Nascar

old man

Sell to me

Sell me your books

You blow me off like it's all the same

You sold a book and now I'm waiting away

Like a scam

Yeah, Baby

And Chi Bamm, Chi Bamm

Oh baby

When he sells, he sells

I go crazy

'Cause the books look good but they sting

like a bee

When they don't ship to me

Chi Bamm, Chi Bamm

Is a month the consensus on how long to wait before posting someone here?

In my mind it's all about communication. People get sick, have to go out of town last minute, make a mistake, whatever, but a simple e-mail can clear things up. I've had to send out e-mails from time to time letting a buyer know that the shipping will be a couple days later then it should be and I've also received those e-mails. It's never a big deal as long as the lines of communication stay open.

Personally, if I've paid and have heard nothing from a seller for a week then I send an e-mail and/or PM. If another week goes by and I still don't hear anything then I take corrective action, ie. contact eBay, Paypal, post it on the boards, whatever.