• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I thought I saw him posting in the Water Cooler about a week and a half ago...

Sid seems like a good guy; hope everything's okay with him. (And I hope all people owed $$ will get paid soon.)

I dislike doing this, but I want to give fair warning that by Monday I will be adding Sid to this list if I don't get a resolution of some sort, he has read but not responded to PMs about an invoice that dates back to May.

Hopefully he just has been busy with life-things and can contact me about this ASAP. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

OH, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE 893censored-thumb.gif KIDDING ME!!!

Our man Sid owes me $200.... frown.gif

Shoot me now.....

Sid hasn't posted in three weeks. I think he took a powder. crazy.gif

gossip.gif He was on this week, at least reading PMs.

I dislike doing this, but I want to give fair warning that by Monday I will be adding Sid to this list if I don't get a resolution of some sort, he has read but not responded to PMs about an invoice that dates back to May.

Hopefully he just has been busy with life-things and can contact me about this ASAP. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Shoot me now.....

gossip.gif He was on this week, at least reading PMs.

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Shoot me now.....

powder.jpg

Shoot me now.....

Without bad luck you'd have no luck at all. That blows.

893whatthe.gif

Maybe we should post a thread about non-paying members and have a "due date" after say 30 days from a sale. It's not fair to the seller to have to wait such a long time to receive payment. Especially since, another member might have posted an takeit.gif and paid more promptly. Just a thought.....

Maybe we should post a thread about non-paying members and have a "due date" after say 30 days from a sale. It's not fair to the seller to have to wait such a long time to receive payment. Especially since, another member might have posted an takeit.gif and paid more promptly. Just a thought.....

I respect what you are saying, but realistically we should all be able to police our own transactions without putting a time cap on deals. Lots of people do payment plans etc.

Wow.

I'm glad I wanted FT to wait to mail me my TTA 35 until I could pay in full.

With his luck I would have been killed or something before Paypal cleared...

foreheadslap.gif

OK, it's been a pretty busy and stressful last few hours, but I am happy to report that we have resolution.

Lawrence (old man) involved a 3rd party that both he and I knew, who has spent some considerable time and effort acting as a go-between and working out some form of agreement.

We have finally reached said agreement and I am hopeful that all can be sorted out. I get the distinct feeling that Lawrence was genuine about all this, but he let things run away from him. Although we have been communicating through a 3rd party this evening, I do get the impression that Lawrence is embarrassed by this and did not wish to 'stiff' anyone...the fact that he pro-actively involved said 3rd party shows to me a desire to 'make good'...and for that he has my respect.

What I would say to him, and to others...don't get carried away with all the beautiful books you find here and spend beyond your means. Manage yourself.

And always communicate in an honest and truthful fashion. If I had got a message yesterday acknowledging the non-payment of the agreed installment, things might have been different.

And finally to all the rest of you who have shown unbelievable support...you are all absolute 893censored-thumb.gif stars and the reason why I continue to spend most of my life here! insane.gif

BTW...to r1970d and Jeffro...your two purchases still stand (it relieves a small amount of pressure on old guy) and a special flowerred.gif to the pair of you!

Edited by Flaming_Telepath

BTW...to r1970d and Jeffro...your two purchases still stand (it relieves a small amount of pressure on old guy) and a special to the pair of you

Dude, I just wanna say i love in in a "rugby and broken bones, smack you in the back or your head while your girlfriend is checking me out" kind of way.

flowerred.gif