• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He is a Hall of Shame member. Let him stay on there.

Or at the very least, make it like a prison sentence, and give him X years on the list.

After his behavior and repeated problems/time on the list, removing him now would be a real joke.

I disagree. Membership in the Hall of Shame should be permanent. There should never be former members of the Hall of Shame. That's the wrong message to send, especially when it is such an offense that it has only been given 4 or 5 times. He/She whosoever are granted Hall of Shame status will be required to carry their scarlet HoS.

I agree.

Perhaps we should just ask for a body part . . . :grin:

Well, they've already lost their balls... (shrug)

Sharon, while I really, really like your idea, the mods have been pretty straightforward about being hands off when it comes to involving themselves in the nitty-gritty of sales transactions here.

This is true, but they should at least restrict known swindlers from posting in the For Sale forum.

Sharon, while I really, really like your idea, the mods have been pretty straightforward about being hands off when it comes to involving themselves in the nitty-gritty of sales transactions here.

This is true, but they should at least restrict known swindlers from posting in the For Sale forum.

they should make the whole avatar area pink, kind of like they do in some prisons by making the inmates wear pink. then again, some may like that too much.

j

they should make the whole avatar area pink, kind of like they do in some prisons by making the inmates wear pink. then again, some may like that too much.

j

But he looks so much better in purple. (shrug)

Agreed - this would be in everyone's best interest. Particularly in this situation where you are dealing with a minor.

I can remember when that list was only a handful of names. You know, back in Feb.

:roflmao:

An interesting point over in General, should Hall Of Shame members have a custom title to point it out so everybody knows they're on there?

I can remember when that list was only a handful of names. You know, back in Feb.

An interesting point over in General, should Hall Of Shame members have a custom title to point it out so everybody knows they're on there?

Don't we have only one Hall of Shame member who might be actually trying to post on here?

AlleyBat and GilbertTorres haven't been heard from since they took off with the loot and ComicSupply would get their business trashed if they pop back up. CapFreak will have a hard time on these boards and will be constantly having to explain for quite a long time. I don't think any other labels will be necessary. He essentially has a scarlet letter on him already.

Don't we have only one Hall of Shame member who might be actually trying to post on here?

AlleyBat and GilbertTorres haven't been heard from since they took off with the loot and ComicSupply would get their business trashed if they pop back up. CapFreak will have a hard time on these boards and will be constantly having to explain for quite a long time. I don't think any other labels will be necessary. He essentially has a scarlet letter on him already.

Except for the people who haven't read the relevant threads or noobies who sign up in the future.

I see you're point though.

This raises a question... Given that AlleyBat was banned, why do we keep him on the list? I can't see him getting amnesty from the mods, so he'll never be coming back to scam anyone else.

Are there any other banned users on the list?

:news:

I just received word that I have a pending $16.86 paypal refund from CAP Freak :o

(he still owes me $1, though)

Yep, I'm pretty shocked as well.

Still doesn't change a thing, though.

Got an email from paypal today:

"An eCheck payment from Connor Amans was declined by the sender's bank."

So much for my refund :cry:

I just received word that I have a pending $16.86 paypal refund from CAP Freak :o

i haven't paid him yet, i want him to come to me and tell me what is owed so there is no doubt that he was paid in full.

j

Yeah the check go..bouncy bounce...man I feel for you..this just gets worse.

bouncer_animated.gif

Bad luck Michael. Although I'm not surprised at all.

Don't worry the real check is in the mail. :)

Don't worry the real check is in the mail. :)

johnny05.jpg

Or at the very least, make it like a prison sentence, and give him X years on the list.

After his behavior and repeated problems/time on the list, removing him now would be a real joke.

I think that's a good idea, perhaps Arch could be persuaded to give Connor a Custom title, stating that he is on probation from buying and selling for x amount of time (like till he's 18).

I don't believe at burning people at the stake, but I do believe in teenagers learning about consequences and not getting a free pass.

I asked Arch for this around a year ago, albeit for all probation list members. I seem to recall his response as being willing to look into it further, but it didn't go anywhere

This raises a question... Given that AlleyBat was banned, why do we keep him on the list? I can't see him getting amnesty from the mods, so he'll never be coming back to scam anyone else.

Are there any other banned users on the list?

Keep them on the list, but you could just mark wether their banned or not. Its good for historicle reasons. IMO..

I think that's a good idea, perhaps Arch could be persuaded to give Connor a Custom title, stating that he is on probation from buying and selling for x amount of time (like till he's 18).

I don't believe at burning people at the stake, but I do believe in teenagers learning about consequences and not getting a free pass.

I asked Arch for this around a year ago, albeit for all probation list members. I seem to recall his response as being willing to look into it further, but it didn't go anywhere

If capfreak does get a custom title what should it say?

"Post no bills" ??

Maybe one of the lawyers can chime in but I don't really think that is a good idea. Connor has done more damage to himself than any title could.

Personally, even though he has not "technically" broken the forum rules he does need to be banned.