• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hmm. I dunno. That sounds a bit too iron-fisted for me. I like the process here - major issues get aired out in public, and in some cases - allows someone in the wrong to admit it and make things right.

I think there has to be faith in that some people can actually see where they need to make improvements when it's pointed out to them, rather than have them banned or booted without any chance of rectifying their issues or policies.

Even rereading my own post makes is sound too harsh, and its definitely oversimplified. Sometimes my right after work posts can be pretty off the cuff. :sorry:

You should be banned for making off the cuff posts. Mods notified!

:hi:

(worship)

Catch me if you can :whee:

Not necessarily a comment on this case, but there is a significant shortcoming of the PL here. Consider two cases:

1. Buyer endlessly delays paying and the seller gets fed up and relists the book.

2. Buyer flys the :takeit: but the seller later accepts a higher PM offer.

In these cases, there is no ability to complete the original transaction because the book in question has been sold to someone else. So, if the buyer in 1. or the seller in 2. is put on the PL there is no obvious way to get off -- Speedy's point. But not putting the buyer in 1. or the seller in 2. on the PL fails to give a head's up to everyone else that bad behavior has occurred.

Maybe we need a "time out" list. lol

hm

hm hm hm

hm

hm hm

Serious_Nod_Smiley_by_Mirz123.gif

If by 'the thing' you mean the rules, i have read them. Both now and when we were making them. There are rules to be put on the list and ways for you to get off if you can and do rectify your situation. If you cant, or dont, you dont get to come off.

So where in the rules does it say or even elude to the fact that the probation list cannot be permanent?

Or, for that matter, who has been on it and is no longer? Perhaps I am overly cautious, but being new here and knowing virtually none of the sellers, I have read through this thread quite a few times looking for said sellers before posting an "I'll take it".

Like a credit report, if you've screwed up in the past and made good, it does have long term repercussions. While I appreciate and respect what it takes for a person to stand up, own up and make it right, it still doesn't make me overly eager to spend my money if it took public censure to do so.

A separate sub-list of redeemed members, perhaps? Expiring after a voted upon time period? My 2c anyway, for what it's worth.

smiley_nah.gif

"Seems to me I read that he'd been murdered. His brother came on the board and made a few posts. Sorry, can't remember where".

I was just informed of this...that is incredibly horrible.

I don't need the money back, so will not try to work with his brother in this terrible time. Please pass on my condolences.

Edited by Comicsarefun

I would like to nominate rawisokv - i bought books from his sales thread on 6 Nov and i still can't get a confirmation that they've even been sent. He just keeps saying "sorry for the delay - will get back to you"

Ugh, this one's a bummer.

I spoke to rawisokv, and hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow. :wishluck:

(shrug)

:( Sorry man. I just tried again.

Still no response. Can we add him then ?

Got my books today - all good. Please ignore my previous rants about rawisokv :)

Guess I have to nominate darkness4life, now phobalicious. Popped the takeit on a book on 6/5. We PM'd and I let him know on 6/19 that I had the book in hand and was ready to ship. Got no response. Invoiced by Paypal with the email he gave. Got no response. Yesterday, he removed himself from the PM. I thought it might be an error and PM'd his in a new PM to ask if he intended to pay for this book. He has not opened the PMs.

phobalicious f/k/a darkness4life

Please add him to the probation list. It's been 30 days now.

Has anyone heard from the guy? He dropped off my radar since he changed his name from Darkness4life to phobalicious.

The only reason I ask is I had no idea he was currently on the probation list. I have some Darkness CGCs for him from my 9.8 Subscription service. He pre-paid for three months sometime in the late spring and has disappeared since. When I figured out the name change it looks like he hasn't posted since 6/19/12.

I have about six or seven slabs here, half of which he paid for.

Edited by BeachBum

I need to nominate press1forenglish for addition to the probation list. He agreed to purchase some books from me 12-03 in my Moderns sales thread. He has strung me along ever since promising payment without any follow through. Hate to do this, never had to nominate a buyer for non-payment.

I need to nominate press1forenglish for addition to the probation list. He agreed to purchase some books from me 12-03 in my Moderns sales thread. He has strung me along ever since promising payment without any follow through. Hate to do this, never had to nominate a buyer for non-payment.

You waited the necessay 30 days so if he hasn't paid yet then he should go on the Probation List.