• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

Thanks to Greggy, I finally have some good reasons to give this thread a bump.

Chili18.jpg

Chili19-94.jpg

Li%27lKids7.jpg

Barton, its really awesome to see your Pictureframe run come together. I get to live vicariously through you and not spend a dime in the process. :popcorn::applause:

Barton, its really awesome to see your Pictureframe run come together. I get to live vicariously through you and not spend a dime in the process. :popcorn::applause:

Thanks, George! You've been a tremendous source for some of the tougher books like Millie the Model and the reprint books. Without your help (and Greggy's), I'd be much further from completing the run.

By the way, I now have 373 out of the 388 PF books (with a handful I'd like to upgrade). I think it'll still be many years before I complete the run.

This thread has been getting a little dusty. So some new arrivals before they get sent down to Sarasota.

The 33 and 34 have both been white whales for me. I have some faith in the the 34. But I think the 33 will continue to haunt and tease me.

marveltales33r.jpg

marveltales34r.jpg

marveltales36r.jpg

marveltales37r.jpg

marveltales40r.jpg

This thread fired my passion when I ran across it a couple of years ago, and started me down the rewarding road of collecting picture frames. Finally have a decent reason to post in the thread!

I posted a pic of these (along with the rest of my haul) over in Comics General this weekend, but I saved the scans for this thread.

Attended Wonderfest this weekend, which is a big sci-fi model kit convention. Found a single table selling comics, which were kept in dusty boxes beneath the table marked "$3 each". Found lots of great stuff, but germane to this thread:

24zg3dl.jpg

j90i05.jpg

32zs7rk.jpg

2uhtz7b.jpg

After discount I ended up paying around $2.50-$2.75 a piece for them. Made my day!

This one I picked up at a LCS a few weeks ago during a 40% off sale. Spent considerably more than $3, but still glad to have it. It's a little rougher than the books above, could use a press, but I still love this cover. The color of the logo pops so beautifully on that yellow frame!

2vmhjwn.jpg

I hadn't bought any PF's for a while, but I can feel the bug biting again!

Very sweet books! It's mind-boggling that you paid less than $3 each.

Thanks! Yeah, it was definitely the best surprise bargain I've run across in all of my years of collecting. In addition to the pf's I also picked up a bunch of nice bronze, including 1st Deathlok, 1st Spider-woman, a few Captain Marvels including 29, 32,33 and 35, a handful of Warlocks, GiJoe 1, and just a bunch of cool stuff. Couldn't believe my luck, it was like a dream.

Very sweet books! It's mind-boggling that you paid less than $3 each.

Thanks! Yeah, it was definitely the best surprise bargain I've run across in all of my years of collecting. In addition to the pf's I also picked up a bunch of nice bronze, including 1st Deathlok, 1st Spider-woman, a few Captain Marvels including 29, 32,33 and 35, a handful of Warlocks, GiJoe 1, and just a bunch of cool stuff. Couldn't believe my luck, it was like a dream.

If you ever want to sell the Thor #199 hit me up! Also looking for a Thor #204 in 9.4 or above.

photo thor205.jpg

photo thor202.jpg

photo thor201.jpg

photo thor203.jpg

I bought a 14 book group of Our Love Stories in the hope of checking some off my want list. Percentage-wise, I didn't do very well. Especially since I already had a 14 with c-ow pages. But I guess progress is progress.

mhx6.jpg

ourlovestory17.jpg

Edited by Ghost Town

Did you win the Savannah lot with the Wyatt Earps?

Nope. I tried but dropped out of the bidding when it went over $400. I might have gone higher, but too many of my Savannah subs have been coming back with c-ow pages.

But I did get the Western Gunfighters lot. I still need a decent #8 and it had a bunch of Gil Kane covers that I rarely see for sale.