• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2010

425 posts in this topic

Collectors of the big five DC war titles have an annual get-together. I'm almost disappointed that I don't collect war comics. My hotel is right by Little Italy.

Thanks. To much stuff I want and not enought $$ for all the items I would collect.

More SDCC exclusives have been posted. I like the Marvel gold paperweights from Monogram Int'l. 12 hero/villians to collect including Spidey, Silver Surfer, Dr Doom, Cap:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_exclusives.php?company=monogramintinc

Hope the price is per set of 6, not per item at $20 to $50.

Odds are Geoff Johns will be there, and the table assignments should be posted by the 2 week mark, so I'm assuming later this week.

Joel

hm

Well, we now know for sure that Geoff will be at the show, at least on Sunday. He's moderating the Smallville panel, with Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, and Cassidy Freeman in attendance!

SDCC may be offering "free" pizza and sushi Wed. evening before the anime programming next door at Marriott(?) hotel. They have uploaded an incredible array of Thurs programming including:

Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren promoting Expendables movie in Hall H.

Michelle Rodriguez promoting Battle: Los Angeles movie plus Salt movie;

Scott Pilgrim movie;

Tom Palmer, inker panel

Borock leading Overstreet Pr Guide panel, etc.

Danny Elfman sountrack master panel. :foryou:

It was fun seeing the schedule released. I thought it was a but funny that the size of the gold and silver age comic pavilion is about the same size as the LucasFilm "booth."

Was really glad to see that the Winner Twins booth (young sci-fi writers with a great family I am friends with) will be in a booth directly across from Mile High Comics. It seems to be an outstanding location with a bit of extra space and gives me more time to go look at the Red Raven #1 and a couple dozen other books I won't be able to afford.

I am getting fired up.

Friday's programming is now posted, including a panel on The Walking Dead AMC series, The Big Bang Theory panel, and a panel on The Cape, where they're going to show the pilot episode.

Also Will Ferrill, Mark Walberg, and Eva Mendes will be there promoting The Other Guys, and Seth Rogen promoting The Green Hornet.

Just booked the Westin SD for $260 a nite. 9 blocks away from SDCC. Make sure you ask for the internet rate if you call.

:headbang:

Don't forget about the cast of True Blood, plus there's panels on Stargate, Caprica, Bones, plus panels for Joss Whedon, EW female action actresses, and a TV Guide who's who of guest stars.

For the Heroes fans, Kring and Quinto are doing a small low key panel (not about Heroes, but Tim Kring's next project) on Friday, along with Quinto's new comic book from Archaia late on Friday. The immortal Stan Lee makes several convention panel appearances, It looks like a fun day!

Got my Pro pass confirmation this afternoon, so I'm all set!

Trying to figure out what to bring though --- space is a premium this trip! The calls started earlier this week - Can you take this down? Can you bring this back? Can you buy me this?

Can't believe the Fri. programming is better than Thurs:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci10_prog_fri.php

Seminars on Hawaii 5-O new tv series, Jill Thompson teaching the intricacies of watercolors, Frazetta & Williamson tribute panel with Mark Schultz and others, Mike Zulli art panel, Berk Breathed's Bloom County and Opus movie, Summer Glau (The Cape tv with Vinnie Jones) :whee:, movie poster painter doc film featuring Drew Struzan.