• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

I don't even know where to look for garage/estate sales anymore.  Even a couple years ago they were popping up all the time but now there's never mention of comics on any of the old standards and I really don't want to go back to the random stop ins.  

17 hours ago, Beastfeast said:

I don't even know where to look for garage/estate sales anymore.  Even a couple years ago they were popping up all the time but now there's never mention of comics on any of the old standards and I really don't want to go back to the random stop ins.  

Random trips are definitely not worth your time, it's not even close...now if you're spending time with family or going for a walk and stumble across a yard sale it's different, but the best deals are usually from asking around and trying to find stuff that's not advertised. 

18 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

Today's haul from various Estate & Garage sales around town.  The first house had 8 long boxes of 90s-modern drek.  The second had some Bronze that was absolutely trashed.

July 10.jpg

july 10 - 2.jpg

july 10 - 3.jpg

I'm curious, which reprint edition (last year in the indicia) is that Smokey Bear? The 1969 edition was kept in print approximately forever (and there was a warehouse find), so it's by a large margin the most common,but there are several others.

11 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

I'm curious, which reprint edition (last year in the indicia) is that Smokey Bear? The 1969 edition was kept in print approximately forever (and there was a warehouse find), so it's by a large margin the most common,but there are several others.

This is a '69, and shows copywrites for '60, '64 and '69.  I have a '64 as well.

It's clearly common - I've seen this at 3 different garage sales and an antique mall in the past 2 months.

4 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

This is a '69, and shows copywrites for '60, '64 and '69.  I have a '64 as well.

It's clearly common - I've seen this at 3 different garage sales and an antique mall in the past 2 months.

The 64 version is quite a bit harder to find. So, obviously, are the 1960 and 1959 editions. There are also (at least) 1989 and 1991 reprints. The 1989 ones are surprisingly elusive. In addition, at least the 1989 books have a Spanish-language version (that was still distributed in the US, just for Spanish speakers; who knows how CGC would label that!). I have long suspected that 1991 Spanish copies may exist, but I've never seen one.

1 hour ago, davidtere said:

Out 'picking' this Sunday and picked up this group. Mostly British Marvels (early to mid 70's) with some pence copies Marvels and some pence stamped DC's. First time (and I have been doing this for a few years) that I have picked up this big of a group of British comics (a random copy turns up from time to time, I do live in Southern California so you never know what will show up on the shoreline). A fun and certainly unexpected find. I suspect that whomever they originally belonged to brought their collection with them from overseas. Of course that is just speculation. 

B71F51F6-C1CA-4138-9C8D-2D70CB7AFEDF.jpeg

F5F7CFC0-AF02-4A0C-AD89-F92F088F6D1D.jpeg

4904C4A7-4277-4652-904A-715DB42133B3.jpeg

69F25F9A-5FB5-4963-88B0-0D4998980F13.jpeg

wow my jaw dropped

Stopped at an estate sale on its last day and found a box of ENORMOUS Tinkertoys for $10 (they're big enough to make a structures for my dog...so I made him a car lol ). No idea what to do with them, but at that price they had to come home for the sheer novelty. I also found this vintage Oscar the grouch puppet for $2 and he was too funny to leave behind.

20210711_145200.jpg

20210711_131453.jpg

On 7/11/2021 at 11:17 AM, Qalyar said:

The 64 version is quite a bit harder to find. So, obviously, are the 1960 and 1959 editions. There are also (at least) 1989 and 1991 reprints. The 1989 ones are surprisingly elusive. In addition, at least the 1989 books have a Spanish-language version (that was still distributed in the US, just for Spanish speakers; who knows how CGC would label that!). I have long suspected that 1991 Spanish copies may exist, but I've never seen one.

Just for fun, here's the indicia from the '64.  The other two are '69s.  I'll be on the lookout for the other versions - again, just for fun.

smokey - 64.jpg

21 minutes ago, MattTheDuck said:

A handful picked up at a local Estate Sale.  I think the FF 116 is actually an upgrade from my existing copy.  And of course, Kang.

Milw Estate Sale July.jpg

Neat little find good reading tha giant size FF‼️👍😷🏆