• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Conacon said:

A Craigslist lead brought me to an antique store where the owner wanted to unload some comics a friend gave to him a decade or so ago. 48 2-packs, mostly DC Universe logos. I'll add a good group shot later. 

20210616_062844.jpg

20210616_063021.jpg

20210616_063031.jpg

Congratulations! (  :gossip: if you want to let any of those go :takeit:)

15 hours ago, Conacon said:

A Craigslist lead brought me to an antique store where the owner wanted to unload some comics a friend gave to him a decade or so ago. 48 2-packs, mostly DC Universe logos. I'll add a good group shot later. 

20210616_062844.jpg

20210616_063021.jpg

20210616_063031.jpg

WOW!!!  They are still out there!  Congrats on the find!  Pretty awesome to see a stack like that!

Yeah, the only thing on Craigslist in my neck of the woods is usually advertisements from people buying comics. I pop on a few times a month just in case and saw the Action 686 on top of a stack. Turns out the seller owns an antique place and didn't think he could move them with his average clientele. When I saw the stacks of multiples, it took some effort not to gawk at the stack if nine 686's! 

What do you guys think about keeping them in the 2-pack or splitting them up for sale? I don't plan of keeping any of these for my PC. 

1 minute ago, Conacon said:

Yeah, the only thing on Craigslist in my neck of the woods is usually advertisements from people buying comics. I pop on a few times a month just in case and saw the Action 686 on top of a stack. Turns out the seller owns an antique place and didn't think he could move them with his average clientele. When I saw the stacks of multiples, it took some effort not to gawk at the stack if nine 686's! 

What do you guys think about keeping them in the 2-pack or splitting them up for sale? I don't plan of keeping any of these for my PC. 

I would keep them sealed. 

3 hours ago, Conacon said:

Hello, any Adventures of Superman 499 3rd printings in there?  Thanks!

On 6/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, MattTheDuck said:

A haul of questionable value (aside from Sweet Tooth) from a yard sale today

yard sale 1.jpg

yard sale 2.jpg

yard sale 3.jpg

yard sale 4.jpg

yard sale 5.jpg

yard sale 6.jpg

I love those Punishers. 

31 from that series is always a great one to grab. 

Patrick 

20 minutes ago, cabinboy said:

The ad said the garage sale would be on Sunday, but you could stop by Saturday afternoon when they would be setting up - glad I did.

IMG_0295.thumb.JPG.78c880558fe4351973c776f43bc1fdbd.JPG

It was a girl's collection from the late 60s, early 70s, about 350 comics overall, so mostly Archies and Harveys, but about 30 DC romance comics, a few oddball titles, couple of Wonder Womans, a coverless Spiderman 29, a stack of Mads, and the Strange Tales 70 was a very nice bonus.   

I recently picked up that mad #166, currently sfg at cgc lol

I had to show the house that cover and the dog one, still awesome venture today!

:tink:

11 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I never seem to find these in antique malls. Do they just have these displayed or did you ask the sellers?

Never ask,never,search every corner,those 2 comics were in a bin to be reprice next week but was in the comic room for everyone to see (kind of,if you have good eye)they had the price tag of company so they had to let go.but there was a ff 47 vg+ at 28 cad but not registered from that antique mall yet so grrr...could not get my hand on it and next week the price might be too high we will see lol.in antique mall or evrywhere else where its not just comics,asking for specific number will rise suspicions and in the near future they might up their price up.my father tryed  to help one a while back explaining variant and first appearance,two things happened,the price of comics got up and when my father wanted to buy book the owner was checking on internet before selling to him,happened in a pawn shop too.some just arent greatfull of help,better shut up buy smile and get out!

22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I never seem to find these in antique malls. Do they just have these displayed or did you ask the sellers?

Those were in a box in a pile under a table next to the counter with other stuff on top of it,i like to snuff things out with respect and permission of owner of course,i have sight problems but for some reason i see collectibles far and wide lol

28 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Ho in flea market people lokes to hide their best stuff so dumb guys and children dont make them sticky or just lower the quality,the show that you are carefull and ask pollitely if they are hidding the best stuff ,where i am most flea market do that so seriuos buyer gets great quality,its good to ask if theres more in the back but be vague not to show too much what you are interested in specifiquely or the amount you could lower the price wont be the same

11 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Never ask,never,search every corner,those 2 comics were in a bin to be reprice next week but was in the comic room for everyone to see (kind of,if you have good eye)they had the price tag of company so they had to let go.but there was a ff 47 vg+ at 28 cad but not registered from that antique mall yet so grrr...could not get my hand on it and next week the price might be too high we will see lol.in antique mall or evrywhere else where its not just comics,asking for specific number will rise suspicions and in the near future they might up their price up.my father tryed  to help one a while back explaining variant and first appearance,two things happened,the price of comics got up and when my father wanted to buy book the owner was checking on internet before selling to him,happened in a pawn shop too.some just arent greatfull of help,better shut up buy smile and get out!

Interesting... so you just browse the store and hope to find comics?