• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

I always ask, "So these, what can you do for me?" and generally every time I get a "discount"

Sometimes I'll say, "What are these, convention prices?" From sellers I've seen over and over again, I got a good laugh, from one's I'll never buy from again I got some pretty dirty looks lol

7 hours ago, Namtak said:

There are some culture where if you dont argue the price it insults them and thats a fact!where i am we dont necessarely like it when people ask for less but when done with respect of the seller can reward you a little ,patience is key

My attitude as a flea market buyer is 1.) If the price I am quoted is a steal, I just quietly pay up and get outta there. 2.) If we are close, I make a slightly lower counter offer. Sometimes, we do the "meet in the middle" deal. 3.) If the price is way out of line, I just put it down, say thanks with a smile. 

My attitude as a seller is price it fairly with say 10-15% "wiggle room". I have had to agree with a potential buyer and state that the piece really is worth nothing. If they don't believe me, take it to the grocery store and see if you can trade it for a quart of milk. I might have to say, that is what it is worth to me to take it home and keep it. I shut down pretty quick with those who want to drag it on and on or whine. 

Everything is about attitude out there. 

27 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

My attitude as a flea market buyer is 1.) If the price I am quoted is a steal, I just quietly pay up and get outta there. 2.) If we are close, I make a slightly lower counter offer. Sometimes, we do the "meet in the middle" deal. 3.) If the price is way out of line, I just put it down, say thanks with a smile. 

My attitude as a seller is price it fairly with say 10-15% "wiggle room". I have had to agree with a potential buyer and state that the piece really is worth nothing. If they don't believe me, take it to the grocery store and see if you can trade it for a quart of milk. I might have to say, that is what it is worth to me to take it home and keep it. I shut down pretty quick with those who want to drag it on and on or whine. 

Everything is about attitude out there. 

While dragging on and whining its good to have a partner to politely change trajectory of the subject often the neighbor seller will do just that for you and you for him seems to work well and the one Whinning goes off after a joke or two on different subject. Thats my method anyhow (:

Edited by Namtak

1 hour ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

An antique dealer near the lake was liquidating the boxes of comics he inherited from a friend.  He said he has not looked at them in years.  Books appear to be from the 90s. Multiple duplicate issues. Could not turn down 13 boxes for $250.00 CDN. Will post some pics after I do some digging today. Perhaps a sale soon?

13Boxes.jpg

Damn, that's like a dime a piece!  It almost doesn't matter what's in there.  Nice pickup!

6 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

An early find in the boxes - Bats 436: origin of Robin (Grayson) retold; 1st Tim Drake; 70+ :whatthe: copies; all seem to be high grade. Continuing to dig ...

Bats436GroupShot1.jpg

Bats436GroupShotCloseUp.jpg

436F.jpg

Holy!  That's a lot of copies.

Patrick

P.S.  stupid AVs lost, that's what I get. 

26 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

20 SS50s

SSGroupShot2.jpg

SSGroupShot.jpg

Always seems a bit odd when there’s a mix of direct and newsstands in multiple lots... wonder what the story was. hm