• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Guy replied to my local post about comics. Says he “dug about 100 out of his attic” along with a couple of old coke trays. I called and he read off some issues of Cap and Iron Man and Super Goof that suggests they are 70s era. Heading there now to see if there is any true treasures!

On 9/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Guy replied to my local post about comics. Says he “dug about 100 out of his attic” along with a couple of old coke trays. I called and he read off some issues of Cap and Iron Man and Super Goof that suggests they are 70s era. Heading there now to see if there is any true treasures!

Don’t overlook the coke trays. They can be quite pricey if 1940’s or before and not repros…

On 9/26/2022 at 6:45 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

My back hurts looking at these....:insane:

Any MGN 18s in there?:shy:

Sadly no - but there were some awesome Hardback Graphic Novels with DJ's.

I'll post some more pics when the wifey lets me back in the house.:headpat::fear:lol

On 9/24/2022 at 9:11 PM, Beige said:

Picked up a few books today...

800+ TPB's + hardcover Graphic Novels.

$650

The missus is not happy lol

1.thumb.jpg.e0bea3c6195c1a15ed5507d456935038.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.2b83b56f722687e7c33e46c92fa64e02.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.dd1e4d219c8c0b2ca88df80c65ae2bd5.jpg

No wonder she's mad...looks like you used up all the grocery bags to boot!

On 9/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, Beige said:

You guys.....

Kicking a homeless guy when he's down. Have you no shame! lol

I could give you MORE comics to fund a new couch, but i don't think it would help your plight.

:roflmao:

You guys rip on him, but TPBs are some of the best sellers (when priced low and purchased low).  If Biege sets up at small cons or shows, he'll be able to move these very easily at the $5 and up range.  When I was doing small shows they were my bread and butter....very good margins on this pickup!

On 9/26/2022 at 11:10 PM, spreads said:

You guys rip on him, but TPBs are some of the best sellers (when priced low and purchased low).  If Biege sets up at small cons or shows, he'll be able to move these very easily at the $5 and up range.  When I was doing small shows they were my bread and butter....very good margins on this pickup!

Absolutely.

I'm finding at the moment that no-one is letting their 'good stuff' go as prices are all over the shop, and a lot of 'newbie' sellers are stuck with books they paid very high prices for.

I've been buying the Hardback Marvel and DC sets everytime I see them - peeps can't be arsed to sell them one-by-one, so I do on my ebay store.

I buy the hardbacks at around $3 - $5 (AUD) each and sell between $12 - $25 (AUD) each on average - especially the higher numbers,as a lot of people dropped out of collecting them when the postage service crumbled under the strain of Covid delays. These books are imported into Australia.

The TPB's cost me less than $1 each. I'll get $10 AUD minimum (usually unless I've had them for eons or they have some damage)  for the 'well-known' ones - some I've sold for $80+ each for the Out Of print ones.

The Swamp Thing hardbacks will get $50 each easily.

I should make a really good profit on these - templates are already done from previous purchases,so it's scan and list. Takes less than 1 min per book - and this is a hobby,not a job,so it's all gravy for a 'big book' down the line. Fits in easily into my work / life balance as I only work 3 days a week (12 hr shifts).

TPB's and GN's are all that's keeping my store going tbh.

Hopefully people will accept the new pricing soon and the comic collections will become available again.

I didn't take it as 'ragging' - all in good fun - nice to be a part of this community and share finds :foryou:

On 9/26/2022 at 4:49 PM, Beige said:
On 9/26/2022 at 8:10 AM, spreads said:

Absolutely.

I'm finding at the moment that no-one is letting their 'good stuff' go as prices are all over the shop, and a lot of 'newbie' sellers are stuck with books they paid very high prices for.

I've been buying the Hardback Marvel and DC sets everytime I see them - peeps can't be arsed to sell them one-by-one, so I do on my ebay store.

I buy the hardbacks at around $3 - $5 (AUD) each and sell between $12 - $25 (AUD) each on average - especially the higher numbers,as a lot of people dropped out of collecting them when the postage service crumbled under the strain of Covid delays. These books are imported into Australia.

The TPB's cost me less than $1 each. I'll get $10 AUD minimum (usually unless I've had them for eons or they have some damage)  for the 'well-known' ones - some I've sold for $80+ each for the Out Of print ones.

The Swamp Thing hardbacks will get $50 each easily.

I should make a really good profit on these - templates are already done from previous purchases,so it's scan and list. Takes less than 1 min per book - and this is a hobby,not a job,so it's all gravy for a 'big book' down the line. Fits in easily into my work / life balance as I only work 3 days a week (12 hr shifts).

TPB's and GN's are all that's keeping my store going tbh.

Hopefully people will accept the new pricing soon and the comic collections will become available again.

I didn't take it as 'ragging' - all in good fun - nice to be a part of this community and share finds :foryou:

We weren't knocking the tpbs at all (thumbsu

Great find @Beige !! He lightheartedly said his wife wasn't happy (thumbsu

Anyway buy her dinner with proceeds, and glad it's working out!