• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,900 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2023 at 8:02 PM, cabinboy said:

These came out to about $8 each at a garage sale - DD 5 is missing the last page (in addition to what's missing from the top left of the cover)  

IMG_5303.thumb.JPG.7d3dd2e25c908c44ff642389989cb600.JPG

Looks like you probably did better at a garage sale than the flea market. I almost never find any vintage comics at garage sales in my area. Heck, I rarely find many at flea markets either. 

On 5/26/2023 at 3:11 PM, littledoom said:

Dang they look like they're nice shapes in the bag! Is there any background story you can share?

Grades range between 4.5-7.5.  Not much of a story. Guy said he bought some off the rack, and some second hand, in the 70s. He has about 2-3 more short boxes of books - I'll likely go back and pick up a few more.

On 5/27/2023 at 5:39 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Grades range between 4.5-7.5.  Not much of a story. Guy said he bought some off the rack, and some second hand, in the 70s. He has about 2-3 more short boxes of books - I'll likely go back and pick up a few more.

Make a deal for them all surely?

I don't cherry pick as some sellers go straight to their open ebay tab to do a 'price check'.

Do most people bulk buy or cherry pick?

On 5/26/2023 at 5:07 PM, Beige said:

I don't cherry pick as some sellers go straight to their open ebay tab to do a 'price check'.

At most sales, there's no time to cherry pick although I would certainly prefer that. I'm not a reseller so whatever I buy I'm going to have for a while. 

On 5/26/2023 at 8:07 PM, Beige said:

He had everything laid out on a table, and I immediately asked him if he would consider selling them all together. He said he'd prefer not to, and was fine taking his time selling them in small stacks.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:07 PM, Beige said:

If the bulk is good I try to take it all. But like if it’s all yuck and there are a few yum books I’ll grab what I need/want. 

For example I had a lady with filing cabinets full of smoky stinky books in her home. If the stuff didn’t reek of ciggies, I would have tried to get it all but condition was poo. So I saved a complete high grade set of Red Wolf and a few others and left the rest. 

I try to get what I want and not take what I don't need -or- whatever's the best deal

At this point in life, I’m a picker. I already have WAY more bulk than I want or need. I have no problem paying up at fair prices for the better stuff. I don’t need to whip out my phone to make a decision.

I recently bought a half a dozen cool BA books from a lady at an antique show. She wanted a very reasonable price for a big pile. She didn’t want to sell individually so I paid her price, pulled out the ones I wanted and left the rest. She was a little shocked but I just didn’t want to deal with the rest either. 

On 5/27/2023 at 8:50 AM, Robot Man said:

At this point in life, I’m a picker. I already have WAY more bulk than I want or need. I have no problem paying up at fair prices for the better stuff. I don’t need to whip out my phone to make a decision.

I recently bought a half a dozen cool BA books from a lady at an antique show. She wanted a very reasonable price for a big pile. She didn’t want to sell individually so I paid her price, pulled out the ones I wanted and left the rest. She was a little shocked but I just didn’t want to deal with the rest either. 

can you give an idea of how many total you left (kept 12)? sounds like she wasn't asking much

Edited by 01TheDude

On 5/28/2023 at 7:24 AM, mrwoogieman said:

Got a cool box of pulps at the flea this morning!

IMG_1953.thumb.jpeg.9c0b9d99b09cb3b994fcbc170d03557e.jpeg

IMG_1942.jpeg

IMG_1943.jpeg

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1947.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpeg

Nice score! Did you buy them all or just picked out the ones you liked the most? I used to see a lot of pulps like that out in the wild but they have pretty much dried up now. 

On 5/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, Robot Man said:

Nice score! Did you buy them all or just picked out the ones you liked the most? I used to see a lot of pulps like that out in the wild but they have pretty much dried up now. 

It was an all or nothing deal, so I bought them all. The conditions vary but seem to be complete and intact at least. I see some tape on a spine or two. Very happy!