• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,869 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2023 at 7:28 AM, Robot Man said:

Cool! Very hard to find GA out in the wild anymore. Pretty sure I would have come home with the other FH lower grade ones as well if the price was right.

Wonder what else was in that OO find? 

I tried (and failed apparently) to channel you at the Market.  Went through the 3 or 4 boxes of books that were around (almost all Modern), looked through stacks of regular magazines for something "mis-filed," and so on. No GA or SA books at other booths and not a robot to be found. :(

The other GA books were $20 - $40.  I paid $35 for the Wambi which was by far in the best condition of the perhaps 20 books he had.  The problem I have is not being too sure if a price is "right."  It's hard for me to spend $20 on a "trashed" book, but maybe I need to re-evaluate and stop worrying about that as we're not talking all that much money in the aggregate.

I left my contact info with the booth and urged the guy to get in touch with me.  He said they're at this Flea Market once a month.  He and his partner do a lot more than comics - it's not a focus.  Here's another item I picked up from a different vendor just for fun.

DD - nite lite.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

On 4/3/2023 at 7:55 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I tried (and failed apparently) to channel you at the Market.  Went through the 3 or 4 boxes of books that were around (almost all Modern), looked through stacks of regular magazines for something "mis-filed," and so on. No GA or SA books at other booths and not a robot to be found. :(

The other GA books were $20 - $40.  I paid $35 for the Wambi which was by far in the best condition of the perhaps 20 books he had.  The problem I have is not being too sure if a price is "right."  It's hard for me to spend $20 on a "trashed" book, but maybe I need to re-evaluate and stop worrying about that as we're not talking all that much money in the aggregate.

I left my contact info with the booth and urged the guy to get in touch with me.  He said they're at this Flea Market once a month.  He and his partner do a lot more than comics - it's not a focus.  Here's another item I picked up from a different vendor just for fun.

DD - nite lite.jpg

Sometimes a “trash” book for $20. Is still a steal. Condition, although very important, can sometimes be trumped for the right books within reason. Personally, I would have left the Wambi at $35. Not a very exciting title to me. But if it speaks to you, it’s a win win.

Cool DD nightlight. Especially if it works.

Oh, never just give them your number. Always get his and maybe give him a call before the next show to remind him you are interested in other books or to find out if he will bring others. 

On 4/3/2023 at 6:14 PM, MattTheDuck said:

So, basically I did everything wrong.  You kids at home, you stay in school.

You did nothing wrong. If you are happy and it works for you, it’s a good day. I just approach things in my own way.

By the way, watch for the Portland Expo show in July. I heard they are vastly expanding the outdoor part then. Might or might not be an opportunity…

On 4/10/2023 at 1:07 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A couple nice pick ups this week. My motivation for the Joe lot was the listen n fun tripwire as I didn’t have him in my collection yet. The OO toy seller also had vintage Star Wars but they were priced out of my range.

96B9586B-5C66-40C4-ADCC-E5CEA83EC79F.jpeg

Is that ASM 1 the golden record reprint? 

On 4/10/2023 at 4:06 AM, littledoom said:

Is that ASM 1 the golden record reprint? 

It is! I didn't think it would be at first, but sure enough i opened it when i got home and was ecstatic. Its the big winner of the bunch. 1st Sinestro has hole punches. ???

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

On 4/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, MattTheDuck said:

DD - nite lite.jpg

Thanks for the size comparison, it is sometimes hard to get the proper perspective ‼️👍

On 4/10/2023 at 8:12 PM, Namtak said:

2 good find for video games in fleamarket this weekend :yeehaw: ff2(4) complete in box with manual and map poster included:x

20230410_210320.jpg

20230410_210351.jpg

20230410_210303.jpg

Did you pay sticker price? I'm impressed at commitment! Has it become worthwhile for you to set out for grading yet? There hasn't been enough video game posts, there used to be a card area, but is there also a gaming area?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/10/2023 at 9:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you pay sticker price? I'm impressed at commitment! Has it become worthwhile for you to set out for grading yet? There hasn't been enough video game posts, there used to be a card area, but is there also a gaming area?

Yes paid sticker price,was priced for me was put aside for a few months until i had money to pay,was suposed to be a bit pricyer than that for others,still its in canadian money lol.

No havent sent video games to cgc yet ,i am preparing for it tho,maybe at the end of the year who know!

Havent checked much on the card thread yet thought it was more for pokemon and magic cards(shrug)

On 4/10/2023 at 8:35 PM, Namtak said:

Yes paid sticker price,was priced for me was put aside for a few months until i had money to pay,was suposed to be a bit pricyer than that for others,still its in canadian money lol.

No havent sent video games to cgc yet ,i am preparing for it tho,maybe at the end of the year who know!

Havent checked much on the card thread yet thought it was more for pokemon and magic cards(shrug)

I'm glad you're able to get out and make the trip, and that it turned profitable too. Congrats 👏🎉

On 4/10/2023 at 9:35 PM, Namtak said:

Right, that CAD price translates to about $12.73 in real dollars. Somthin' like that.

:foryou:

On 4/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Picked up two '87 and two '90 Topps complete sets, as well as an '89 Donruss. Some of the highlights in the top loaders already. $50 CDN.

20230411_135839.jpg

My older daughter has these sets and more from this era. Are they worth much? I thought due to the over production of cards during this period, they were essentially worthless. 

On 4/12/2023 at 12:31 PM, Robot Man said:

My older daughter has these sets and more from this era. Are they worth much? I thought due to the over production of cards during this period, they were essentially worthless. 

Not much value unless you can hit the GEM 10. Not why I bought them.