• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,863 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, comicginger1789 said:

Marketplace find (only because I don't have any flea markets within 3 hours of me and yard sales aren't quite happening yet where I live)

I figured $4 a book all in shipped to my door was a good price to take a gamble on 35 or so books. The closer up pics I was provided show these to be in Fine or better shape too, which I am happy about. Plus, there are about 15 books I have no clue what they look like so I shall enjoy a few surprises when they arrive!

romcomics.jpg

The Heart Throbs #93, I believe, sells for a good amount (the pink-ish cover on top).

I also like Heart Throbs #89 -- due to the purple cover -- but doesn't sell for too much (and you may not have).

Let us know what's under those piles when they get in.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:49 PM, manetteska said:

The Heart Throbs #93, I believe, sells for a good amount (the pink-ish cover on top).

I also like Heart Throbs #89 -- due to the purple cover -- but doesn't sell for too much (and you may not have).

Let us know what's under those piles when they get in.

It was one I was most excited for :) I kinda knew it had some value hence why I went for it on the lot

I will def post pics of all hopefully this evening as they should arrive today

On 4/13/2023 at 11:17 AM, manetteska said:

The random "Girl from UNCLE" b/c girl was in the title, I suppose? lol

Haha I guess? Someone must have had them in a shop or flea market b0oth or something at one time too because they all have a 2018 sticker and $5 price on the back of the backing boards. In addition, majority of them have a date stamp on the back corner (some in the same orientation parallel to the spine on the back cover, suggesting done around the same time or by the same place that sold them back in the 60s)

Edited by comicginger1789

On 4/17/2023 at 10:04 AM, F For Fake said:

Yard sale season is upon us! The husband of one of my wife's old school friends was having a big yard sale, and it turns out he's a toy collector and reseller. It was about a 40 minute drive, not bad, and lots of fun. Luckily, although he's a collector, he was truly charging yard sale prices. 50 cents, a dollar, fill a bag for two bucks, stuff like that. He knew I was coming, so he'd saved a couple of boxes of Transformers for me to go through, and he let me fill a tote for $100. Super nice guy, great pleasure to talk to, we're already making plans to meet up again. Had a good time swapping estate sale stories.

What's more, he threw in some Barbie stuff for my wife, and didn't charge me for this awesome complete in box Batman Returns play tent and sleeping bag. That tent is legit hard to find. No idea what I'll do with it, but I had to bring it home.

The Transformers are a hodgepodge, several Beast Wars, Transmetals, some Armada and Cybertron, Engeron, Robots in Disguise, etc. Definitely parts missing here and there,  but for the price I don't mind, it'll just be fun to dig through and clean up.

Didn't pick up any comics. He had a few binders of books, but it was literally all Dazzler, X-Force and Cable, so nothing I was interested in.

Great morning, beautiful spring day, and a great way to kick off the yard sale season. 

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

He had the box to the tent as well? score! :x  That just looks vintage lol 

On 4/17/2023 at 11:24 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

He had the box to the tent as well? score! :x  That just looks vintage lol 

Yup, couldn't believe it. Those old play tents aren't easy to find, and I didn't even know they'd made one for Batman Returns. Pulled it out from under the table and saw it was $10 and thought heck, may as well grab it. Then he told me that the $10 included the sleeping bag, which is also minty fresh! So, not sure what I'll do with them, but happy to have them!

On 4/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, PopKulture said:

That Cape Canaveral play set brings back memories. :cloud9:

Yeah, me and my brother had a couple as kids. I actually went out and paid up for this one I had as a kid. Has a tin town with tin gangster cars. Also lots of gangster and cop figures with tommy guns and the like. The Untouchables water pistol I found yesterday will go well with my playset. 

I actually owned the Addams Family card game. Got it for Christmas one year. Has photos of the cast on the cards. 

untouch1.jpg

Close-by Estate Sale this morning, advertised as a "Collector's" sale.  Entry through the garage and the first table has a couple of newer "Famous Monsters of Filmland" (which I passed on) along with some "signed" photos from the Munsters, some Dracula movie stills, etc.  Anyway, I got pretty jacked, thinking to myself, "well, this guy must have some PCH comics or even some Weird Tales or other pulps.  Unhappily, there was nothing like that - there were 4 comics all modern Marvels - but I did get this cool NASA publication from 1959, and 8 or 9 "Uncle Ben visits...." readers from 1933 along with about an inch-high stack of these Topps spoof product stickers.

Space - The New Frontier - NASA 1959.jpg

stickers - Topps fake products.jpg

On 4/21/2023 at 10:35 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Lunch time pickup from the other day. Had to act fast. The whole lot was sold shortly afterwards. 

02214F6B-E737-458A-B06A-A5AAEC1BBE10.jpeg

F2B1C56E-1B9C-46BE-AFF4-EFEDF54D0EDB.jpeg

3674225B-D812-4259-8ECD-F6567329AFD8.jpeg

Oh damn I saw this. I sent it to another guy and when he got back to me again it was deleted lol. He asked why I didn’t go after it. It was too far

On 4/22/2023 at 3:35 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Lunch time pickup from the other day. Had to act fast. The whole lot was sold shortly afterwards. 

02214F6B-E737-458A-B06A-A5AAEC1BBE10.jpeg

F2B1C56E-1B9C-46BE-AFF4-EFEDF54D0EDB.jpeg

3674225B-D812-4259-8ECD-F6567329AFD8.jpeg

I would NOT have cherry-picked this.

This has a 'how much for the whole bunch' vibe going.