• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

I picked up six of the last eight Star Wars, no 107 or 101, for $4 each in nice shape. Also got the Firstorm 61 logo variant, a beater ASM 129, and finally some random Tec's in great shape.

This is an auction find. My dad calls me on a Saturday morning to tell me about a farm auction he is at and that he had found some comic books. He tells me that there are 4 books and that they are 12 cent books, so he tries to tell me what they are the only one that really jumped out was the X-Men #10. Not knowing the real condition I told him to go $5-$10 on the X-men. He calls back and told me he got all 4 for $15.

I talked to him yesterday and he went through the books while I was on phone, they are X-men #10 (1965), Justice League of America #47 (1966), The Atom #7 (1963)and Strange Tales #99(1962). I will go pick them up this evening and I will post pics tonight.

Edited by pink181

I found a late silver age Archie in vf 8.0 at a flea market for a dollar. What I thought to be a giant "C" written on the comic bag in black sharpie, was actually permanently etched on the cover of the book. I happened to notice this as I was "congratulating" myself on the car ride back home. doh!

This is an auction find. My dad calls me on a Saturday morning to tell me about a farm auction he is at and that he had found some comic books. He tells me that there are 4 books and that they are 12 cent books, so he tries to tell me what they are the only one that really jumped out was the X-Men #10. Not knowing the real condition I told him to go $5-$10 on the X-men. He calls back and told me he got all 4 for $15.

I talked to him yesterday and he went through the books while I was on phone, they are X-men #10 (1965), Justice League of America #47 (1966), The Atom #7 (1963)and Strange Tales #99(1962). I will go pick them up this evening and I will post pics tonight.

Here are scans of the books my dad picked up for me. The condition of the books are pretty low, but I needed the X-Men #10

101709.jpg.73fd564684175c2044c43ef73ff85054.jpg

101710.jpg.468999f8a053b2612804e2da6289a0ae.jpg

101711.jpg.590d722212ff156e68c0f890460c240e.jpg

101712.jpg.4e99f9bd6ecfe17118b68d107c73b474.jpg

Here are scans of the books my dad picked up for me. The condition of the books are pretty low, but I needed the X-Men #10

You still can't beat that deal for $15.00. (thumbs u

You still can't beat that deal for $15.00. (thumbs u

Ditto! Nice find!

Went to a yard sale today. Found these for sale, and a pile of Life magazines(I took the May 1, 1944 issue). Also there was a pile of Mad's from the early 70's I passed on.

If someone could tell me which printings these are, I would appreciate it.

yard0007-1.jpg

yard0006-1.jpg

yard0005-1.jpg

yard0004-1.jpg

yard0003.jpg

yard0008-1.jpg

yard0001-1.jpg

yard0002-1.jpg

Homegrown - 9th (if it doesn't say which printing)

YL 5 - Can't tell with the sticker, but 1st-3rd have 1.00 cover price, 1.25 and up are 4th and later

YL 4- not sure

YL 3 - (again not sure - would have to look at interior) but it looks like a 3rd.

YL 1 - also looks like a 3rd

Mr Natural 1 - 7th

Mr Natural 2 - 3rd

Homegrown - 9th (if it doesn't say which printing)

YL 5 - Can't tell with the sticker, but 1st-3rd have 1.00 cover price, 1.25 and up are 4th and later

YL 4- not sure

YL 3 - (again not sure - would have to look at interior) but it looks like a 3rd.

YL 1 - also looks like a 3rd

Mr Natural 1 - 7th

Mr Natural 2 - 3rd

Thanks for the info! I'm not a collector of undergrounds, but these I had to pick up. They might show up in the For Sale section.

I traveled all the way to Florida to pick this up. :insane:

I'm a Six Million Dollar Man fan from way back.

mt1.jpgmt2.jpg

It wasn't until later that day I realized it had this article!

mt3.jpg

I traveled all the way to Florida to pick this up. :insane:

I'm a Six Million Dollar Man fan from way back.

mt1.jpgmt2.jpg

It wasn't until later that day I realized it had this article!

mt3.jpg

That's cool. I have a few Monster Times but not this one.

At a flea market today, I saw a bunch of what looked to be undistributed Marvels from the late 70s, early 80s. There were about 50 and there was a piece of paper on top of the pile that said $3. I looked thru and saw some X-men 119, 121, and some Spideys in the 180--200 range. I started to pull out a few books and asked the guy if he'd cut a deal if I bought a couple. He replied no, thats a lot of books for $3 and I can't go any lower. I ended up with 43 books for $3. A few stalls down, the seller saw me with the comics and mentioned how nobody buys comics anymore. I asked if he had any and he said yes, but not in that nice shape. He went in the van and came out with some beat up 12 cent DC comics- Batman, Flash,Blackhawk and such. Wanted two dollars each but I got the lot of 14 for $15.

Picked up a few Conan paperbacks with Frazetta covers for $2 each. Not a bad hour and a half.

At a flea market today, I saw a bunch of what looked to be undistributed Marvels from the late 70s, early 80s. There were about 50 and there was a piece of paper on top of the pile that said $3. I looked thru and saw some X-men 119, 121, and some Spideys in the 180--200 range. I started to pull out a few books and asked the guy if he'd cut a deal if I bought a couple. He replied no, thats a lot of books for $3 and I can't go any lower. I ended up with 43 books for $3. A few stalls down, the seller saw me with the comics and mentioned how nobody buys comics anymore. I asked if he had any and he said yes, but not in that nice shape. He went in the van and came out with some beat up 12 cent DC comics- Batman, Flash,Blackhawk and such. Wanted two dollars each but I got the lot of 14 for $15.

Picked up a few Conan paperbacks with Frazetta covers for $2 each. Not a bad hour and a half.

That's how it happens sometimes. Just got to be at the right place at the right time. Good score. (thumbs u

DRX

When I started this thread a year ago, I was hoping we would get some good input from everyone. These are the kinds of stories I love to hear. :applause:

More pics please! :grin:

Picked up a Full run of Rom amd Micronauts ( 70's series ) from a car boot yesterday. ( Thats the UK eqivalent to a car sale I suppose !) All about VF, cents copies...as opposed to UK pence copies! £20 (about $28.00) was a bit steep for a car boot, but they were two complete runs in decent shape. Look like fun anyways!!

Week before I picked up a box of about 400 Modern marvel and DC for £10 ((about $15.00). Mainstream Silver surfer, wolverine, spidey...and about a 100 2000AD Judge Dread mags in the same lot. Not my thing, but I cant stop myself!!

Nice pick up Bill. (thumbs u