• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Book Store Tent Sale...Everything's a $1, unless otherwise noted min grade of 9.0

GI Joe 21 GD/VG

Incredible Hulk 377

All-Star Western Presents Pow-Wow Smith 1 easy 5.0

Army At War 1 easy 4.0

Amazing Spider-Man 361

The Ultimates 1

New Warriors 1

Super Powers 1 8.0

ASM 216

ASM 274 (x2)

ASM 198

ASM 185 7.0

Amazing Fantasy 15 Marvel Milestone Edition

ASM 325

ASM 324

ASM 307

The Atom 23 3.0

ASM 306

X-Factor 24

ASM 266 (x2)

ASM 267 (x2)

ASM 271

ASM 270

ASM 272

ASM 275

ASM 269

ASM 268

X-Men 221

ASM 260

ASM 283

ASM 171 5.0

Edited by comicalgems

Found a bunch of Whitman's at an annual flea market (about 25 in all). A few are on the rares list, including an Uncle Scrooge 179. I was especially stoked to find 3 high-grade copies of the Whitman 75¢ price variants.

Nice! Any Popeyes or a Black Hole 4?

Found a bunch of Whitman's at an annual flea market (about 25 in all). A few are on the rares list, including an Uncle Scrooge 179. I was especially stoked to find 3 high-grade copies of the Whitman 75¢ price variants.

Nice! Any Popeyes or a Black Hole 4?

Not this time, but this is the same flea market where I found the Popeye 158 I reported here about earlier in the summer.

Made my last visit to a big local flea market yesterday before we head to Oklahoma this coming Thursday. Got some nice stuff for not much money:

A nice Cindy Smith #40 (Timely, last issue) and a Hellboy Corpse

CindySmithTimelyandHellboyCorpse.jpg

A pair of Hulk Hands in the original packaging for $3.00 :)

HulkHands.jpg

A variety of super-hero related toys:

MisctoysfromPecThing2010.jpg

Two Sports Illustrateds for $1.00 each. I used to love watching Michael Johnson run. It was like it was effortless for him with that straight-up stance. And the Mark McGwire cover brought back memories of when he hit his 62nd home run against the Cubs and Mark Trachsel. A bit tainted since then, but hey for a buck.....

SportsIllustrated.jpg

And last but not least, 3 Whitman comics with the white logo all in really nice condition. I didn't know that Shadow Play #1 even existed. (shrug)

WhitmanComics.jpg

Yesterday I bought a stack of Sgt Fury's ranging from # 7 - #37 (20 books total) in VF- to VF+ condition for $2 a piece. I was pretty happy about that. Just before I walked away from his flea market table I looked at a small pile of books to my right. Third book from the top was Giant size X-men #1. I threw it on my stack and the man said take that one for free. It was a good day.

This is after finding New Mutants #98 for a buck the week prior.

Yesterday I bought a stack of Sgt Fury's ranging from # 7 - #37 (20 books total) in VF- to VF+ condition for $2 a piece. I was pretty happy about that. Just before I walked away from his flea market table I looked at a small pile of books to my right. Third book from the top was Giant size X-men #1. I threw it on my stack and the man said take that one for free. It was a good day.

Nice haul! :applause:

Pics please...... :wishluck:

I have a bad pic of the GSX1. It's not faded on top it's just a poor photo. The book has some issues, but it was FREE. :headbang:

P1040267.jpg

Hit a sale on Saturday where the guy was selling the last of his comic and comic collectibles collection.

He said that the real vintage stuff was long gone at various shows this summer which was borne out by the newness of the comics he had left.

There was a ton of Superman merchandise, action figures, posters, signed stuff like double signed Dean Kane/Terri Hatcher photos, post office commemoratives, signs, birthday hats and plates, etc., etc. Everything a Superman collector could ask for - which I'm not so I passed on all of it.

The comics were new-ish DC's, mostly Superman again. And he also had about a long box of Simpsons comics which were nicely bagged and boarded and which he was asking $.50 per for. I tried to talk him down on those and would've pulled the trigger for maybe $40 for the long, but he wasn't budging so no deal. I bought 10 random Simpsons for my son for $5.00 and that was that.

Wow, nice find on the GSXM1!!!

I can't compete, but here are some of my pickups this weekend.

A fun volume "C" of the Encyclopedia of Collectibles with a nice comics cover and a lengthy section on comics! :whee:

encyclopediaofcollectibles.jpg

Some nice HG Star comics and a handful of misc comics

starcomics.jpg

misccomics.jpg

Nice Stars!!!

I have a bad pic of the GSX1. It's not faded on top it's just a poor photo. The book has some issues, but it was FREE. :headbang:

P1040267.jpg

really ... free. .. doh! Know that I hate you :roflmao::cloud9:

P1040267.jpg

really ... free. .. doh! Know that I hate you :roflmao::cloud9:

lol I'm still shocked I got that book for free. What I didn't mention is I also got Wolverine, the mini series, #'s 1, 2 and 4 for a buck each, not to mention Uncanny X-men 103 and 248 for a dollar. They were small beans compared to the GSXM. It was an excellent day of hunting.

Went to a garage sale today that I found from an ad on craigslist. Guy had a small collection which he said is what was left from what he bought from a comic shop. He wanted 150 for everything :( Convinced him to let me pick out five books for 10 bucks.

Got:

Star Wars #1

Action Comics #390

Brave and the Bold #75, #92 (Thought this was an Adams book. Guy wouldnt let me take the comic out of the bag to find out :( )

Andy Panda Whitman (Dont know much about whitmans, thought I know there are rare variants and I thought I would give it a shot. I think it's a Golden Key variant.)

How did I do?

Went to a garage sale today that I found from an ad on craigslist. Guy had a small collection which he said is what was left from what he bought from a comic shop. He wanted 150 for everything :( Convinced him to let me pick out five books for 10 bucks.

Got:

Star Wars #1

Action Comics #390

Brave and the Bold #75, #92 (Thought this was an Adams book. Guy wouldnt let me take the comic out of the bag to find out :( )

Andy Panda Whitman (Dont know much about whitmans, thought I know there are rare variants and I thought I would give it a shot. I think it's a Golden Key variant.)

How did I do?

Well depends on the condition of said comics.

1. Is the Star Wars the .35 cent variant? If not its it at least a first print?

2. B&B Both good snags if they are in decent shape. #93 is an Adams book.

3. Always pick up whitman cartoon books if you can get them, especially if they are from a casual reader who is just selling off their stuff they bought as kids. There are so many whitman comics that have price variants and the awesome pre-pack only stuff that makes some collectors go ga ga. I just scoop em all up as it's just way too hard to remember which ones are scarce.

p.s. Something I have learned is how to spot the pre-pack only whitmans.

At the TLC under the whitman logo you'll always see a # like 90011-107 or similar, but on a pre-pack only book the # will just say 90011 with no - and no # following. These books always are in the .50 to .65 cover price range if I'm not mistaken. Also keep an eye out for books with a white whitman logo instead of the ever present yellow as these I believe are certain types of variants, although I've never seen any myself.

Hope this might help a little :headbang:

Edited by gradejunky

well, we had a neighborhood-wide garage sale and my neighbor had some comics out. (I was selling too..I had 3 long boxes out from which I made about $25 in sales....). she invited me over to take a look and there was an ASM 300 in about Fine, an ASM 252 worth about $5 and a complete set of secret wars with #8 at an average of about 9.0. I offered her $10 for them because, honestly, I don't know what the market for these books is now that we're several years past Spidey 3 the movie. Ultimately, she just gave them to me as she refused to take my money.