• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,866 posts in this topic

Driving back from Cleveland yesterday, decided to stop at a flea market along the way. Last row, selling out of his truck, found a man selling his comic collection. Not all in fabulous condition but I couldn't beat the price. Lots of DC 10 and 12 centers, number 1s still available, Dell 10 cents, didn't even get to the X-Men and FFs. But he told me as I was looking that the X-men #1 and FF #1 were already gone. :cry:

Hand picked what I had cash for - approximately 40 comics - spent $120. Below are three representative samples.

He wouldn't take a check so I got his name and number - he said he would be back next week but call him first. I'll be there, ready to buy this time.

Fury1.jpg

IronMan2.jpg

TomJerry.jpg

. But he told me as I was looking that the X-men #1 and FF #1 were already gone. :cry:

I hate when people tell you what they have already sold lol I don't want to know about what I can't buy anymore!

I was very happy when the ASM 300 in a group of comics circa 1986 - 1990 was still there at last weekend's yard sales as I figured I was getting the most valuable book put out in that stretch (absent some non-big two books like TNMT or something) and had not missed anything major by checking out the comics 3 hours after the yard sale had started.

the sad part is that these comics were OO as in my neighbors had a store and a rack they sold comics off of and the owner decided in the 80's to put a few away as he saw collectors were interested in them. but he stored them so poorly the ASM 252 and 300 have dings and a crease each. the secret wars set managed to stay in pretty nice shape. there were other random spideys in better shape in the mid/late 200s in her pile but I passed on them, figuring I'd let someone else get a crack at them as I don't need them as this point.

if only he had gotten this idea in the late 70's when he opened the store I'd at least maybe have a run of byrne x-men now.

Got these last weekend for 25-cents each at the "Fall Festival" flea market at my kid's school:

frazetta-books.jpg

Vol. 1 is a later printing; the others are firsts. The price was right, obviously, but vols. 2 & 5 were the only ones I still needed (after holding on to my old copies of 1, 3, & 4 from the late '70s)...

A couple of months back, I chanced upon an advertisement online and the lady was selling comics on behalf of her brother. 1-70 comics for about $1.50 each, anything above 70 comics about 75 cents each. Most of the stuff were modern drek, but at 75 cents each, I was definitely not overpaying for any book. The best find was ASM #1 DF in NM+ condition. (Wish it could have been the real ASM #1 lol )

I hit the flea markets hard where I live... two years ago at a flea market i bought a Tales of Suspense #40 (2nd Iron Man) in G for $10.... at a different flea market about a year ago, I purchased about 200 modern books for less than 50 cents each and eventually had some of them graded, that lot resulted in a Wolverine LS #1 CGC 9.6, New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8, Deadpool #54 CGC 9.6, Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.4 and a bunch of other decent modern titles... another time I bought 8 copies of GI Joe: A Real American Hero #2 (first print), each eventually graded CGC 9.6 and CGC 9.8... and another time i picked up a copy of Batman: The Killing Joke (first print) for $1 and got that one back from CGC in 9.4...

but the BEST DEAL i've ever made just happened this morning... i'll wait til its actually in my possession before I say any more.

Nothing rare or valuable today, but I did pick up a smallbox of comics for $25. 112 in all. I went to a yard sale that advertised comic books. I showed up and there were maybe 5 short boxes and a longbox. The lady said 50 cents each or a whole short box for $25. I rooted through them, mostly modern super hero stuff. I picked out some CSI comics, a TMNT, some Ghostbusters, and other odds and ends. I had nearly a full shortbox so I decided to top it off with FCBD stuff, she had pretty much all of it from the past several years. Turns out all the comics were hers (60 year old woman.) and the COOLEST PART is she is the mother of the guy that used to own the only comic shop in the desert. I was wondering why some comics were signed "To MOM" lol

Edited by dupont2005

found these this morning -- $ 1 each -- :banana: anybody have a clue on the KTSA golden hits album ?? thats one I`ve not seen before , I`m guessing its a regional compilation ??

78144b2c.jpg

KTSA is in San Antonio. You also see this same record with different stations from across the country. Obviously a rip-off of the Crumb Cheap Thrills classic by Big Brother. Regardless, cool find for $1.

Not a flea market, but I bought 14 long boxes for 600 I found here in town (pregnant girlfriend and an old collection languishing in a garage). Nice 80's-90's runs of FF, Iron Man, ASN, Web of Spidey, PPSSM, Xmen and a bunch of random garbage. Here are some highlights:

Avengers63front.jpg

Avengers163front.jpg

ASM194front.jpg

ASM238-2front.jpg

PPSSM2front.jpg

PPSSM8front.jpg

Xmen133front.jpg

Xmen212front.jpg

Xmen266front.jpg

Not bad for about 13 cents a book

Edited by The Amazing Chump