• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,891 posts in this topic

found these not too long ago. the guy said they came from his dad when he was young. all have date / store stamps on them but for 5 bucks a pop what the hell!

6CB8A864-2704-4655-809F-90D5546353EB-319-00000000EE9783E2_zps400d0150.jpg

B112840E-1ED3-4CBC-A38F-EA22D04E3798-319-00000000F9E589C3_zps9f9c899b.jpg

E2E4DED3-2F0B-4835-914A-CD1FCEF3DB7C-319-0000000107CBC154_zpsbddefa10.jpg

73D76B6A-F0F5-431B-8867-D18464693226-319-000000010DB6CAF0_zpsbeb852d5.jpg

E3800643-A49D-41DA-927A-A8FF4C5E01E4-319-000000011603F368_zpse7df7584.jpg

439B5181-13A4-4CE3-A48F-27EF058C5B88-319-000000011F51DD93_zpsc95c1132.jpg

F491410E-D616-4384-AAC5-291F508A6EDE-319-0000000125668E92_zps8ea30d6b.jpg

just need to grade and put them up

Wow! What a nice find.

Congrats :applause:

I always read this thread, but I never have anything even remotely post worthy...then I went to a local thrift store the other day. They had tons of donated artwork all over the place. Some of it is very cheap, and they are marked haphazardly. I have found some nice things for my walls, but this one is even slightly comic related.

I saw this sitting on a handtruck, it was marked $14. I asked the person who was writing tickets to write it up and he said..."are you sure you really want this, it has crayon scribbles underneath the glass, who would do that? "

I said yes I did see that, but I'd still like it, thank you. I didn't even argue about the price.

petermax.jpg

Thanks Ankur, plus it's signed ...and it's framed:)

I almost felt guilty then I remembered all the stuff I donated 2 years ago.

Thank you, and nice to meet you, buuduh :)

I'm Sharon, one of the few non-men on the forum;)

I always read this thread, but I never have anything even remotely post worthy...then I went to a local thrift store the other day. They had tons of donated artwork all over the place. Some of it is very cheap, and they are marked haphazardly. I have found some nice things for my walls, but this one is even slightly comic related.

I saw this sitting on a handtruck, it was marked $14. I asked the person who was writing tickets to write it up and he said..."are you sure you really want this, it has crayon scribbles underneath the glass, who would do that? "

I said yes I did see that, but I'd still like it, thank you. I didn't even argue about the price.

petermax.jpg

Nice grab Sharon! :applause:

Non-Men = a GIRL!!! :o

:angel:

petermax.jpg

Was about to say alan aldridge ooops... Nice find!!

petermax.jpg

Close this thread down, we have a ^^

Couldn't happen to a nice dude person!

petermax.jpg

Sharon, that is just super sweet. I'm guessing it's a later piece--have you looked into it yet?

Thanks, Hector...

Ankur :makepoint: (I found a ladder, so I can do that;)

I think it's from the late 60's early 70's, Paul. It appears to be from his "Cosmic" period.

I wrote to a few people and his website. have not heard back from the website, but that's the info I'm getting from 2 people who "authenticate" his stuff..

I did go to art school once upon a time, lol. I used to see his stuff in the Village, but it was too expensive for me back then. This would have fit in my budget even when I was in school.

Good job and find. This is why I try to keep myself educated about collectibles.

Found these somewhat randomly in Coupeville Washington at an estate sale I happened to drive by. They weren't even part of the estate sale, but that's where the contact was made ;-)

Oops need to see if I can resize photos on the iPhone

About 50 comics with a few nicer books including that pink flash first gorilla grodd.

148062.jpg.cc140fb8e8c29954b50bb179f026009f.jpg

petermax.jpg

Wow. That is great, Sha. :applause: