• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

Contrary to my other Craigslist "transaction" this one tonight went off without a hitch. I saw the ad at 7pm and messaged the guy, we arranged to meet at 9pm at the gas station on my road. I hit the ATM, he brought the stuff...easy-peasy. A nice score even though not all the figures were complete. There was an extra Luke Jedi cape in the weapons bag, though. :) Gotta try and get that $1,250 back fast so we can buy that 2nd car we need.

starwars.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo

Another great toy collection this weekend.

Got notified late on Friday night.

Went to buy an 80s Transformers collection. Good size. Turned out he kept a healthy bag of the accessories. Pretty complete.

While looking, I noticed a large box with video game stuff. Turned out to be a Sega Master System, controllers, guns, and games. Ended up getting everything for $20. It's in excellent condition. All the games include the cases and the booklets. I was laughing because Alf was in the box. Turns out, it's pretty desirable. Can't wait to play the system.

The next day, we talk again and someone backed out a GI Joe collection. Everything from a few straight-arms to later figures. Many are in very nice shape. He also had one of those figure cases and the entire bottom row (and part of the top) were filled with accessories! Even a few more G1 accessories mixed in.

To put a cherry on top, he found a nice Voltron collection and MUSCLES lot. A couple Battle Beasts items.

Just got to love the kids that were wise enough to keep everything.

Patrick

No picture, it didn't happen. ;)

After two days of driving pretty far to pick up the collection, I think my wife would have killed me if I spent anymore time on it. Most of it's still sitting in my garage and in the car.

I'll likely take some sample pics tomorrow.

There's still a potential for some Battle Beast figures. Supposed to be a tub somewhere.

I honestly can't believe how kind 2014 has been to me for toys. Polar opposite to the barren wastelands of 2013.

Patrick

Contrary to my other Craigslist "transaction" this one tonight went off without a hitch. I saw the ad at 7pm and messaged the guy, we arranged to meet at 9pm at the gas station on my road. I hit the ATM, he brought the stuff...easy-peasy. A nice score even though not all the figures were complete. There was an extra Luke Jedi cape in the weapons bag, though. :) Gotta try and get that $1,250 back fast so we can buy that 2nd car we need.

starwars.jpg

Peace,

Chip

Damn, they look pretty clean. Nice pickup.

Detachable C3PO has to be one of the coolest toys ever made (awesome wookie pouch for carrying!).

Patrick

Man, the comic gods have been watching over me this week. (worship)

First, I get the call yesterday about a guy wanting to submit books from a nice Golden Age collection to CGC. That's on hold for now.

I also make it a habit to check the local Craigslist ads for comics once each night. Monday night I saw an ad that just happened to be posted about 40 minutes before I saw it. Ends up i was the first to contact him. Based solely on the one picture seen below and the accompanying list in the ad, I e-mailed the guy and said I'll take them. We met last night and I just loaded them into my trunk. I didn't look through all the boxes until I got home.

imagejpg1_zpse273a04d.jpg

The Saga #1 is a first printing. I thought hell, the Saga run alone is worth his asking price for the whole lot. I finished going through and sorting the comics this morning and boy was I pleasantly surprised. Here's a list of just part of what i got:

DC New 52

All Star Western 1-10

Batgirl 1-10

Constantine 1

Action Comics 1-9

Animal Man 0, 1-27, Annuals 1,2

Batman 0, 1-26, Annuals 1,2

Batman and Robin 0, 1-23.2, Annual 1

Batman, The Dark Knight 1

Batwoman 1-10

Detective Comics 1-6

Justice League 0, 1-17

Nightwing 0, 1-13

Swamp Thing 0, 1-19, Annual 1

DC

Batman and Robin 1-26

Batman - Gates of Gotham 1-5

Batman Incorporated 1-5

Batman, The Dark Knight 1-5

Blackest Night 1-8

Blackest Night - Batman 1-3

Detective Comics 871-881

Legends of the Dark Knight 1-12

Xombi 1-6

DC Vertigo

American Vampire 6-34

American Vampire - Lord of Nightmares 1-5

American Vampire - Survival of the Fittest 1-5

Collider/FBP 1-6

Daytripper 1-10

Hunterkind 1

iZombie 1

Joe the Barbarian 1-8

Scalped 35

Spaceman 1-9

Sweet Tooth 1-40

Trilium 16

The Unwritten 6-54

The Wake 1-4

Marvel

Invincible Iron Man 1-33,500-527, Annual 1

Wolverine 1-20, 300-304

Independents

Star Wars 1-5 (Dark Horse, 2013)

Judge Dredd (IDW)

Black Science 1 Ghost Variant

East of West 1 Ghost Variant, 2-4

Saga 1-6, 7 Ghost Variant, 8-17 (all 1st printings)

Satellite Sam 1

Sea Bear & Grizzly Shark 1

Severed 1-7

Walking Dead 50

Stumptown 1-4 (all 1st prints)

Total investment? $100.00. :whee:

I think it's time for a board sale. :grin:

Edited by Shark

Man, the comic gods have been watching over me this week. (worship)

First, I get the call yesterday about a guy wanting to submit books from a nice Golden Age collection to CGC. That's on hold for now.

I also make it a habit to check the local Craigslist ads for comics once each night. Monday night I saw an ad that just happened to be posted about 40 minutes before I saw it. Ends up i was the first to contact him. Based solely on the one picture seen below and the accompanying list in the ad, I e-mailed the guy and said I'll take them. We met last night and I just loaded them into my trunk. I didn't look through all the boxes until I got home.

imagejpg1_zpse273a04d.jpg

The Saga #1 is a first printing. I thought hell, the Saga run alone is worth his asking price for the whole lot. I finished going through and sorting the comics this morning and boy was I pleasantly surprised. Here's a list of just part of what i got:

DC New 52

All Star Western 1-10

Batgirl 1-10

Constantine 1

Action Comics 1-9

Animal Man 0, 1-27, Annuals 1,2

Batman 0, 1-26, Annuals 1,2

Batman and Robin 0, 1-23.2, Annual 1

Batman, The Dark Knight 1

Batwoman 1-10

Detective Comics 1-6

Justice League 0, 1-17

Nightwing 0, 1-13

Swamp Thing 0, 1-19, Annual 1

DC

Batman and Robin 1-26

Batman - Gates of Gotham 1-5

Batman Incorporated 1-5

Batman, The Dark Knight 1-5

Blackest Night 1-8

Blackest Night - Batman 1-3

Detective Comics 871-881

Legends of the Dark Knight 1-12

Xombi 1-6

DC Vertigo

American Vampire 6-34

American Vampire - Lord of Nightmares 1-5

American Vampire - Survival of the Fittest 1-5

Collider/FBP 1-6

Daytripper 1-10

Hunterkind 1

iZombie 1

Joe the Barbarian 1-8

Scalped 35

Spaceman 1-9

Sweet Tooth 1-40

Trilium 16

The Unwritten 6-54

The Wake 1-4

Marvel

Invincible Iron Man 1-33,500-527, Annual 1

Wolverine 1-20, 300-304

Independents

Star Wars 1-5 (Dark Horse, 2013)

Judge Dredd (IDW)

Black Science 1 Ghost Variant

East of West 1 Ghost Variant, 2-4

Saga 1-6, 7 Ghost Variant, 8-17 (all 1st printings)

Satellite Sam 1

Sea Bear & Grizzly Shark 1

Severed 1-7

Walking Dead 50

Stumptown 1-4 (all 1st prints)

Total investment? $100.00. :whee:

I think it's time for a board sale. :grin:

do humanity a favor and burn Sea Bear & Grizzly Shark - nice score otherwise

Went to a big antique store near me I have not been to in a few months. Found all this stuff at different booths. $285 for everything. This is the second spinner rack I pulled out of a local antique store and it is really nice looking. Anyone have an idea on the age?

148301.jpg.0d27d83889c09552b034069cf018f0c2.jpg

148302.jpg.b6d60be93d49d7317888d83be318f69c.jpg

Checked Craigslist last night and found an ad for a "Gigantic" yard sale about 3 minutes down the road from me. Said it started at 8, but of course, didn't, and said they had comic books. I got there at 8 and walked up and found the comic bin. As I was looking through, I found nothing but common issues from Mid-80s to early 90s. Saw a Secret Wars 9 and started digging for that 8, but never found it.

I asked how much the comics were and the lady said, "$5 a piece or the whole bin for $100". :screwy: I also overheard her saying this was to benefit a family in tough financial times and that all this stuff was donated. She later said "I know some of those are worth more and some are worth less, but I don't have the time to look them all up, so someone will get a good deal." I felt like telling her, "Look, you might as well sell these for a buck each because that's the only way they'll move".

I understand it is to benefit a family, but overpricing is not the way to do it.

Didn't leave empty handed though. I found Book 1-4 of TMNT by First Graphic Novel. Asked how much, "$10 each" doh! but then she said make an offer. I offered $15 for all 4 and she took it. ^^

Edited by Chris_Skeleton

Lucky buggers... :)

I answered an ad about 300 70's comics, mostly Marvels. Got to the house, overwhelming smell of cat pee. Books were previously in a house fire, which scorched what bags were there. Some spines look like they'd been used as a scratching post.

Best book was an Iron Fist 14 in a multi-pack, the rest was Hulks, Howards, Nova, Ms. Marvel, and a pile of kiddie stuff. Given the assault on the senses, I decided not to make an offer. I told them to take the books outside, and have a yard sale.

Grabbed these today at an estate auction...I only went because I was interested in the comics, but waiting around for hours you get caught up in the action! haha...

Anyways I grabbed a box of unopened pez, some random loose star wars action figures (I'll have to defer to the experts here to see if these are worth anything), and a bunch of ASM pretty cheap which are going straight into my collection.

photo1_zps57e520ba.jpg

photo3_zpsdd5971b8.jpg

photo2_zps67d98df4.jpg

photo1_zps1e9ee5f2.jpg

Looks like there is some OT stuff sprinkled into that mix, but most look to be POTF II and later. Make no mistake though, some later stuff can sell well loose if done right on feebay. Some figures from the Legacy collection are fire even loose.

Looks like there is some OT stuff sprinkled into that mix, but most look to be POTF II and later. Make no mistake though, some later stuff can sell well loose if done right on feebay. Some figures from the Legacy collection are fire even loose.

Thanks. :)

How do you know all this stuff? Looking at a loose action figure seems like it would be tough to find information on.

I have hundreds of SW figures. Mostly carded, but some loose. I have my original figures from the OT collection as a kid, about 100 POTF II figures, and another 300+ figures from the TAC up to Legacy and Clone Wars.

It doesn't look like any are from the Legacy collection in there. I'd need to see them in a better pic out of the bags. I've sold some Legacy figures loose I had opened and made $20+ a piece on them. This is like comics, some figures blow up even if produced in higher #'s while others you can't give away.

I have a feeling that as Hasbro continues to de-articulate the figures and put less and less tooling into the newer figures that some are going to be going back and hunting down some of the older stuff that they missed.

I walked through Toys R Us the other day and the shelves were lined with figures like it was 1985 all over again. When I say 1985 I am not talking about because the figures were any good. I am talking about how all of the figures had five points of articulation. Great way to make a price point, dumb down the line and now you have nothing but a line that peg-warms.