• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,883 posts in this topic

Found these somewhat randomly in Coupeville Washington at an estate sale I happened to drive by. They weren't even part of the estate sale, but that's where the contact was made ;-)

Oops need to see if I can resize photos on the iPhone

About 50 comics with a few nicer books including that pink flash first gorilla grodd.

It certainly never hurts to ask. Even if they don't advertise them and don't have any out, I always ask if there any comics or magazines. Sometimes they do. :)

My daughter and I set out early this morning for our annual Father's Day trek to the flea markets and antique malls in central PA -- it's always a lot of fun, if only for the time we get to spend together, and for the grilled hot dogs, which are first rate.

We generally manage to find a few treasures, but my haul this year was especially good:

fathersday2014.jpg

Both of the vintage hand-held games (Mattel baseball from 1978 and Tomy tennis from 1980) work perfectly; I had been looking for that particular Harry Nilsson album for a long time; and finding a decent, traditional Frisbee (this one is still in the bag, dated 1978) is harder than you might imagine these days.

I was particularly excited about the Rush fabric concert sticker from 1980, commemorating the first rock concert ever to be held in Detroit's Joe Louis arena, sponsored by the legendary WABX radio, on February 19, 1980:

fathersday2014-2.jpg

After I took the picture, I promptly peeled off the paper backing, and stuck it on my guitar case. ROCK!

But the real winner of the day was this little gem:

palsngals23.jpg

My kid and I have been (slowly) piecing together a Josie collection for the past 5 years or so, and we hope to complete it through #106 (the final issue published in 1982). We have a few of the early ones, including #1 (purchased here on the boards!), but they're not super easy to find, and tend to be pricey when we do turn them up.

This copy basically found us: we split the cost, and read it together when we finally got home late this afternoon.

We never thought we'd find an affordable copy of Josie's first appearance, and certainly not "in the wild", so it made for a very memorable day for both of us.

Needless to say, a good time was had by all!

I always read this thread, but I never have anything even remotely post worthy...then I went to a local thrift store the other day. They had tons of donated artwork all over the place. Some of it is very cheap, and they are marked haphazardly. I have found some nice things for my walls, but this one is even slightly comic related.

I saw this sitting on a handtruck, it was marked $14. I asked the person who was writing tickets to write it up and he said..."are you sure you really want this, it has crayon scribbles underneath the glass, who would do that? "

I said yes I did see that, but I'd still like it, thank you. I didn't even argue about the price.

petermax.jpg

Wow! Amazing find. Good eye!

I was particularly excited about the Rush fabric concert sticker from 1980, commemorating the first rock concert ever to be held in Detroit's Joe Louis arena, sponsored by the legendary WABX radio, on February 19, 1980:

fathersday2014-2.jpg

After I took the picture, I promptly peeled off the paper backing, and stuck it on my guitar case. ROCK!

WABX!! Awesome score!

My daughter and I set out early this morning for our annual Father's Day trek to the flea markets and antique malls in central PA -- it's always a lot of fun, if only for the time we get to spend together, and for the grilled hot dogs, which are first rate.

We generally manage to find a few treasures, but my haul this year was especially good:

fathersday2014.jpg

Both of the vintage hand-held games (Mattel baseball from 1978 and Tomy tennis from 1980) work perfectly; I had been looking for that particular Harry Nilsson album for a long time; and finding a decent, traditional Frisbee (this one is still in the bag, dated 1978) is harder than you might imagine these days.

fathersday2014-2.jpg

But the real winner of the day was this little gem:

palsngals23.jpg

My kid and I have been (slowly) piecing together a Josie collection for the past 5 years or so, and we hope to complete it through #106 (the final issue published in 1982). We have a few of the early ones, including #1 (purchased here on the boards!), but they're not super easy to find, and tend to be pricey when we do turn them up.

This copy basically found us: we split the cost, and read it together when we finally got home late this afternoon.

We never thought we'd find an affordable copy of Josie's first appearance, and certainly not "in the wild", so it made for a very memorable day for both of us.

Needless to say, a good time was had by all!

:applause:

Grabbed all these yesterday at a contents sale (wasn't planning on going, but managed to sneak some time in).

The 298 and 299 are sharp copies, so I put them in mylars.

I apologize this is upside-down, no idea why photobucket keeps doing this...

photo12_zps25fd1165.jpg

photo22_zps3d516583.jpg

For some reason I have found it may look upsidedown or sideways to you,but looks fine here.look again later and they should look normal. (shrug)

It's normal now, maybe it takes time to be saved on the server.

While not a flea market or garage sale find, a gentleman walked into the LCS where I help out and tried to sell a wooden crate of old comics. The shop didn't want to buy them ... the crate was filthy, and the comics were in horrible condition, unbagged and musty.

Regardless, the gentleman left the crate and comics with us to do with what we wanted. I took the crate home, because the shop didn't want them. I threw out almost everything, including the crate. But burried amongst the mildewed, musty Archies and Richie Riches, was a Ms. Marvel 18. It's at best a VG, but for free? I'll take it. Only thing I kept from the entire haul.

And before anybody yells at me ... none of the Archies or RRs were worth anything, and even if they were more than a buck or two, they were so nasty, nobody's want them except for kindling. lol.

Another great toy collection this weekend.

Got notified late on Friday night.

Went to buy an 80s Transformers collection. Good size. Turned out he kept a healthy bag of the accessories. Pretty complete.

While looking, I noticed a large box with video game stuff. Turned out to be a Sega Master System, controllers, guns, and games. Ended up getting everything for $20. It's in excellent condition. All the games include the cases and the booklets. I was laughing because Alf was in the box. Turns out, it's pretty desirable. Can't wait to play the system.

The next day, we talk again and someone backed out a GI Joe collection. Everything from a few straight-arms to later figures. Many are in very nice shape. He also had one of those figure cases and the entire bottom row (and part of the top) were filled with accessories! Even a few more G1 accessories mixed in.

To put a cherry on top, he found a nice Voltron collection and MUSCLES lot. A couple Battle Beasts items.

Just got to love the kids that were wise enough to keep everything.

Patrick

Another great toy collection this weekend.

Got notified late on Friday night.

Went to buy an 80s Transformers collection. Good size. Turned out he kept a healthy bag of the accessories. Pretty complete.

While looking, I noticed a large box with video game stuff. Turned out to be a Sega Master System, controllers, guns, and games. Ended up getting everything for $20. It's in excellent condition. All the games include the cases and the booklets. I was laughing because Alf was in the box. Turns out, it's pretty desirable. Can't wait to play the system.

The next day, we talk again and someone backed out a GI Joe collection. Everything from a few straight-arms to later figures. Many are in very nice shape. He also had one of those figure cases and the entire bottom row (and part of the top) were filled with accessories! Even a few more G1 accessories mixed in.

To put a cherry on top, he found a nice Voltron collection and MUSCLES lot. A couple Battle Beasts items.

Just got to love the kids that were wise enough to keep everything.

Patrick

No picture, it didn't happen. ;)

I always read this thread, but I never have anything even remotely post worthy...then I went to a local thrift store the other day. They had tons of donated artwork all over the place. Some of it is very cheap, and they are marked haphazardly. I have found some nice things for my walls, but this one is even slightly comic related.

I saw this sitting on a handtruck, it was marked $14. I asked the person who was writing tickets to write it up and he said..."are you sure you really want this, it has crayon scribbles underneath the glass, who would do that? "

I said yes I did see that, but I'd still like it, thank you. I didn't even argue about the price.

petermax.jpg

Wow! Amazing find. Good eye!

Peter Max I presume... Nice Find.

Bought this collection from a collector from Craigslist. Met him locally and everything went smoothly. The only minor kink was that grading was off. So the agreed upon price was adjusted after the books were seen in hand.

2hmg7qg.jpg