• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

i had been emailing this same guy also. he called me today but he never called me back.he then sent an email saying the books were sold.

i thought there was a ASM6 in the lot?

I was emailing this guy as well, Lake Forest IL, right? That ASM 121, looks like a piece of the cover is missing LLC or is the cover torn?

yea - that guy, lol -

no split on the ASM - a little blunted

Well considering what those books went for at an auction I was at last week

You did good

Congrats!

Thanks to all for comments - it was a pretty easy decision to buy - condition hurts - but the price made it a really good value.

Was one of those times when you deal with a collector, He had a clue - but knew that it would be a pain to sell individually so he sold at a discount.

I have gotten really lucky with my CL finds. I like a lot of the off books in this one - many first appearances and first issues.

Crazy too that other boardies were after it as well.

i had been emailing this same guy also. he called me today but he never called me back.he then sent an email saying the books were sold.

There was a King-Size #6 in the pics, I bet that's what he was referring to.

condition is rough on some of the silver - all are "read" not a big deal for me (I paid a "read book" price).

Anyone else curious what a "read book" price amounts to?

I have an idea what the seller wanted

I think he had both on the list

I got this photo today from a Craigslist Ad - Is there a way to tell if that is a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant or a reprint from this picture. It will be a bit of a drive for me to go take a look in person.

StarWars1_zps5e3af74d.jpg

Never mind - the white box on the front must indicate its a reprint.

Edited by 1Cool

I believe the "nude" barcode indicates a reprint of some kind.

not the 35 cent variant, just the reprints. Sorry bro.

I got this photo today from a Craigslist Ad - Is there a way to tell if that is a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant or a reprint from this picture. It will be a bit of a drive for me to go take a look in person.

FYI

35centcompare.JPG

condition is rough on some of the silver - all are "read" not a big deal for me (I paid a "read book" price).

Anyone else curious what a "read book" price amounts to?

I have an idea what the seller wanted

I think he had both on the list

Looking at the list - (the seller was pretty detailed) - he had dates as well -

king size 6 lines up with the production date in his list. There is also a "giant size" spidey 6 in there (and that is the one on the sheet he sent). I did not even look at the dates when running the list or I would have picked up on it - but given this was a typical

lol - for FC... - the Chicago based boardies know what I paid - so I do not mind people knowing - was under $2 a book. I usually average when recordkeeping - so say 2 a book for the ones that "matter" (marvel/dc) - the rest are probably ones to blow out as readers for .50/each. I have seen similar lots from "neat stuff" roll for 5/10 a book in bulk so I will more than break even on the ones I get rid of.

later and good luck to others

Dave

lol - for FC... - the Chicago based boardies know what I paid - so I do not mind people knowing - was under $2 a book. I usually average when recordkeeping - so say 2 a book for the ones that "matter" (marvel/dc) - the rest are probably ones to blow out as readers for .50/each. I have seen similar lots from "neat stuff" roll for 5/10 a book in bulk so I will more than break even on the ones I get rid of.

later and good luck to others

Dave

i think it was a good price. those cap books do well and people will pay $ for the bronze/silver if you take your time (i prefer to get rid of them).

nice pick up. hopefully you'll be at the next con :wishluck:

Edited by jsilverjanet

You can see the word "REPRINT" in the box just left of Luke under the price. It is a black rectangle with "reprint" in blue letters. You can see a similar one on #2 and #4.