• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Just picked up over 600 comics at an estate sale. All are DC books from the mid-1950s to the early 70s with the majority being early Silver Age. Almost all were Superman titles, with about 50 or so Batman and Detective thrown in. I'll post pictures when I finish sorting through them.

pms incoming!! Great find, what is the average condition?

Average is probably VG- to FN, with some much nicer and a few rags. Oddly, lots of duplicates.

Awesome. Picked up a Batman 121 at that Estate sale and and some cool Rodan lobby cards. Those early Jimmy Olsens and Lois Lanes were tempting........

What got my attention were the 80pg giants. I had a few picked out to buy before I figured out they were open to a bulk price on everything. Five minutes later, I had them all.

Well, Robotman scored yesterday morning at the flea market. Got these 4 Manhunts + about 6 other not so exciting GA comics for a 10 spot each! I didn't have any of these in my collection and have been looking for a while. I guess it pays getting up at 4:00 AM, putting on a jacket and driving up there!

These are real underrated. In addition to great covers, they have L.B. Cole and Fred Guardenieer stories with good content.

#2 Great GGA Electric Chair cover!

commanhunt2_zpsl0vsupvl.jpg

#4 Been looking for this "surealistic" cover

commanhunt4_zpsz1iknypu.jpg

#6 Best cover in the run. This was actually an upgrade for me.

commanhunt6_zps2ppohxvw.jpg

#9 Never seen this one before. Very creepy cover!

commanhunt9_zpsvyljxgaw.jpg

Just picked up over 600 comics at an estate sale. All are DC books from the mid-1950s to the early 70s with the majority being early Silver Age. Almost all were Superman titles, with about 50 or so Batman and Detective thrown in. I'll post pictures when I finish sorting through them.

pms incoming!! Great find, what is the average condition?

Average is probably VG- to FN, with some much nicer and a few rags. Oddly, lots of duplicates.

Awesome. Picked up a Batman 121 at that Estate sale and and some cool Rodan lobby cards. Those early Jimmy Olsens and Lois Lanes were tempting........

What got my attention were the 80pg giants. I had a few picked out to buy before I figured out they were open to a bulk price on everything. Five minutes later, I had them all.

Awesome!!! They were some nice looking comics!!!

Well, Robotman scored yesterday morning at the flea market. Got these 4 Manhunts + about 6 other not so exciting GA comics for a 10 spot each! I didn't have any of these in my collection and have been looking for a while. I guess it pays getting up at 4:00 AM, putting on a jacket and driving up there!

These are real underrated. In addition to great covers, they have L.B. Cole and Fred Guardenieer stories with good content.

I collected quite a bit of pre-code crime during my pre-code horror days. Never came across that title. Didn't even know it existed. VERY cool books!!!

I collected quite a bit of pre-code crime during my pre-code horror days. Never came across that title. Didn't even know it existed. VERY cool books!!!

The guy had most issues from #2-11. I did get all of them but some are "western crime" and some are "sci-fi crime" These had the best covers. He didn't have #14 which I do have. It is the wildest cover of the run with a little pygmy sitting on a bound girl sticking a hypo into her neck!

Went to a book donation center that benefits the local library today. Digging through the long boxes of moderns and 90s drek paid off. Walked away with this for 50 cents:

2mnom8h.jpg

Cool find. Did you buy anything else? Since it was for charity, and all?

There should have been 2 copies of that there. Did you only buy the one copy?

Also is there any value in it? I picked it up and looked through it and didn't think much of it. Last time I was there I picked up a good 20 or so Birds of Prey comics written by Gail Simone :cloud9:

Went to a book donation center that benefits the local library today. Digging through the long boxes of moderns and 90s drek paid off. Walked away with this for 50 cents:

2mnom8h.jpg

Cool find. Did you buy anything else? Since it was for charity, and all?

There should have been 2 copies of that there. Did you only buy the one copy?

Also is there any value in it? I picked it up and looked through it and didn't think much of it. Last time I was there I picked up a good 20 or so Birds of Prey comics written by Gail Simone :cloud9:

1st appearance of Hellboy, of sorts. A splash of a character named Hellboy by Mignola.

So yeah, something of value. Nice pickup there

So yeah, something of value. Nice pickup there

Ha ha! That is awesome. Yeah. I did not know about that. It looked like a cool comic because I collect Mad magazine stuff but I have not added to the collection in a while and figured why start it up again when I am not really doing it. Nice Don Martin cover.

Was this the Liberty Park Sale? Those keys were obscenely high grade and rock bottom prices. ( FF 45 VF + $180, 48 NM- $110 etc......) Somebody made a killing there!

Was this the Liberty Park Sale? Those keys were obscenely high grade and rock bottom prices. ( FF 45 VF + $180, 48 NM- $110 etc......) Somebody made a killing there!

That's the sale! I think the highest priced book was Fantastic Four #52 at $550 and they went down from there. Some really nice books went into the hands of people that was more interested in the profit they could make off of them than the characters and stories. Whatcha going to do though? I'm very happy with my books though. They also had a complete Playboy collection for $5k.

Some really nice books went into the hands of people that was more interested in the profit they could make off of them than the characters and stories.

You haven't been here long, have you? It's all about the flip. You'll have your own list of "favorite" boardies before long :)

Didn't do well at the VCC this weekend so I went up north to a small comic show in a school cafeteria. Brought back two long boxes of comics some old board games and even a Bionic Woman doll. I also got a late 70's child's Spiderman raincoat.

There were some tpb's I got -

100_2595_zpsrl8tokaa.jpg

100_2596_zpsjkdnwdjp.jpg

An unopened box of prism Silver Surfer cards for $5.00

I got a bunch of Batman 52 comics for $1.00 each and some books I needed for my lists.

These next books I got for between 50 cents and $1.00 each regardless of sticker price.

100_2597_zpsk7z4mxh7.jpg

100_2598_zps0vuizj7l.jpg

100_2599_zps1tfn1wk5.jpg

100_2600_zpsk98nin8c.jpg

100_2602_zpsajou9m1s.jpg

100_2603_zpsr6ufi0dp.jpg

100_2604_zpstqdg7ftb.jpg

100_2605_zps053cd1wu.jpg

100_2606_zpskuf502oi.jpg

100_2607_zpshpirt2u7.jpg

Got this for $5.00

100_2608_zpssa5frwwc.jpg

Some really nice books went into the hands of people that was more interested in the profit they could make off of them than the characters and stories.

You haven't been here long, have you? It's all about the flip. You'll have your own list of "favorite" boardies before long :)

Can I be a favorite boardie? Can I,can I,can I?