• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Some really nice books went into the hands of people that was more interested in the profit they could make off of them than the characters and stories.

You haven't been here long, have you? It's all about the flip. You'll have your own list of "favorite" boardies before long :)

Can I be a favorite boardie? Can I,can I,can I?

Flippers are ok...they are part of the hobby (good or bad). I'm just happy with the books I got.

100_2608_zpssa5frwwc.jpg[/url]

Wonder why those Strange French reprints never appreciated in value.. They were printed on high quality paper in the 70s-80s and reprinted alot of key books, and had super cool original painted covers.. I have a few of those giant size x-men and X-men 94 strange reprints somewhere gotta dig them out

Edited by Aweandlorder

they look cool and an x-men completionist may dig them, but comic collectors often have tunnel vision and are turned off by non-comic size (are these magazine size?), non-U.S., and reprints...aside from non-English.

No, the are a little smaller than a comic, but have four comics reprinted in them. X-Men Daredevil, Iron Man, and I think Ka-zar.

Wow, Are they smaller? I dont even remember.. If so, not by much.. I thought they were wider actually. And the ones that have a few of them inside are the Strange Giant editions.. Those have more covers on the inside.. right? They are very very fancy looking books..

I use to frame them on my wall when I was a kid

This is the 70s/early 80s were talking about.. Youd never see Superheroes comics with painted covers, unless they were B&W fantasy magazines.. I think I have a hundred of these somewhere in my old place.. Every time I saw them I bought them, even though I couldnt read them

Just a few examples:

897_001.jpg

911_001.jpg416_001.jpg585_001.jpg326_001.jpg734_001.jpg

Didn't do well at the VCC this weekend so I went up north to a small comic show in a school cafeteria. Brought back two long boxes of comics some old board games and even a Bionic Woman doll. I also got a late 70's child's Spiderman raincoat.

There were some tpb's I got -

100_2595_zpsrl8tokaa.jpg

100_2596_zpsjkdnwdjp.jpg

An unopened box of prism Silver Surfer cards for $5.00

I got a bunch of Batman 52 comics for $1.00 each and some books I needed for my lists.

These next books I got for between 50 cents and $1.00 each regardless of sticker price.

100_2597_zpsk7z4mxh7.jpg

100_2598_zps0vuizj7l.jpg

100_2599_zps1tfn1wk5.jpg

100_2600_zpsk98nin8c.jpg

100_2602_zpsajou9m1s.jpg

100_2603_zpsr6ufi0dp.jpg

100_2604_zpstqdg7ftb.jpg

100_2605_zps053cd1wu.jpg

100_2606_zpskuf502oi.jpg

100_2607_zpshpirt2u7.jpg

Got this for $5.00

100_2608_zpssa5frwwc.jpg

Adventures of the Jaguar #13 - sweet book from an underappreciated storyline (15 issues) nice book!

was just thinking about the "finds" element of this and recalled one piece of media I found near a dumpster.

twRTFC3l.jpg

I was leaving a Hooters after having some dinner back around 1997 or so and saw this discarded standup display next to the dumpster. No one seemed to mind when I took it and left with it in my truck. It folds in half and stands about 5 feet tall.

I used it occasionally as a display during Christmas or at bachelor parties I hosted. Most of the time it was stashed away in my laundry room closet though. So while trying to sell off my stuff before the big move out west, I figured what the heck-- sell it on eBay. Before I knew it a small bidding war brought the price up to $81.71

whether that was a good deal or not I cannot be sure. I got some good laughs out of it though.

FYI -- I realize this was a bit out of context for the the thread-- I did start a new post out on the water cooler for unusual/odd/crazy things you have bought or sold on eBay. It's going pretty well so far-- check it out if you want:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8378068#Post8378068

natlampoon_zps924b9d95.jpg

Sweet Frazetta cover! (worship)

It is surprising to me that "the market" doesn't value NatLamp magazines more highly. Many issues have Adams art, the ironic comedy is off-the-charts funny, and the covers are great. Doug Kenney, P.J. O'Rourke, Michael O'Donaghue et al were superb comic writers.

If you haven't read the National Lampoon High School Yearbook Parody, you owe it to yourself to do so. Incredibly consistent laugh out loud funny...

Purdy, but we expect a story!

The books were part of an estate sale...kept in unregulated storage. Some are surprisingly newsstand-fresh. The older books are low-grade, but the Bronze stuff is really nice for where it came from. I'm debating getting the GS #1 and FF #45 graded...I just hate to have them tied up for a long time.

Peace,

Chip

I haven't posted in here in a while, so how about a whopper? To say I'm pleased with this purchase would be an understatement...

16305994200_2897e6f790_b.jpg

16491697461_c9113e390a_b.jpg

15873291513_a4ce261077_b.jpg

16493439655_dc9e62a6a5_b.jpg

Peace,

Chip :thumbsup:

Great Haul, Chip. Why can't I run across finds like this? Also, that GS1 is speaking to me.

I haven't posted in here in a while, so how about a whopper? To say I'm pleased with this purchase would be an understatement...

Peace,

Chip :thumbsup:

Great Haul, Chip. Why can't I run across finds like this? Also, that GS1 is speaking to me.

Fineeee .. :eyeroll: Ill just take the FF 45 :whistle: