• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

I got this photo today from a Craigslist Ad - Is there a way to tell if that is a Star Wars 1 35 cent variant or a reprint from this picture. It will be a bit of a drive for me to go take a look in person.

StarWars1_zps5e3af74d.jpg

Never mind - the white box on the front must indicate its a reprint.

You can see the word "REPRINT" in the box

:roflmao:

There is music store in my town that also sells comics and cards (weird combo...lol).

Stopped there for the first time in forever and here are some $1 books I picked up today.

imagejpg1_zps7330b61e.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4647db2f.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsf4ce321b.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsedd092bd.jpg

Amazing what you can find on the cheap sometimes... :banana:

Nice rack Bevis! Good way to see books. Good Luck! I'm sure you will do well. I have the same rack and I take it to flea markets. I usually sell a ton of cheap books. Many for free to kids with their parents. Love that propeller! Is it a old/vintage one?

Here is my stand at the Saugatuck, MI antique mall.

All books are $3, we'll see how it goes.

Every other comic in the mall is $8 and up, a lot of it is drek too.

mall_zpsc378d180.jpg

Wow, what a load for a buck each! Good job. It amazes me that they would sell 'em so cheap but I guess their focus is records.

I will share some flea market scores with you guys in the future. I got a big pile of lower grade DC 10 centers a couple of weeks ago at one of our local fleas. Part of the fun is getting them cheap like this. I won't tell what I paid because I've seen what happens to people who do over here...

There is music store in my town that also sells comics and cards (weird combo...lol).

Stopped there for the first time in forever and here are some $1 books I picked up today.

imagejpg1_zps7330b61e.jpg

imagejpg3_zps4647db2f.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsf4ce321b.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsedd092bd.jpg

Amazing what you can find on the cheap sometimes... :banana:

mall_zpsc378d180.jpg

Good luck! - love the rack

mall_zpsc378d180.jpg

I sold comics at a antique mall a few years ago. Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not - I lasted about a year. You may want to put up a sign that you buy comics too; you'll look thru a lot of drek, but you might get a few good scores too. Good luck.

Thanks for all the kind words.

I got the rack at a toy show recently for a real good price.

The books all came from my dollar boxes. I was inspired by a boardie who posted that unsold books from comic show dollar boxes do well in other venues at higher prices, so I though I would give it a shot.

The (unused) propeller is from a target drone, dated 1962. I got it at a rummage sale from a USAF veteran, who said they would order extra ones to make wall clocks for officers. It was still boxed when I bought it, but the box was lost in a move.

I will share some flea market scores with you guys in the future. I got a big pile of lower grade DC 10 centers a couple of weeks ago at one of our local fleas. Part of the fun is getting them cheap like this. I won't tell what I paid because I've seen what happens to people who do over here...

Not at all, we're happy to hear about great finds. We only hassle the clown who cries poverty! (thumbs u

And TF, those are darn fine dollar bins. In the comic wastelands of Ottawa, the shops around here don't have regular back issues that good.

Stopped at a local antique store on Saturday. Didn't find any comics, but did find two complete Varga calendars from 1946 and 1948. The 1946 has its original envelop that preserved the calendar quite nicely. The 1948 is not as white, but the interior pages look more like the 1946.

006_zpsbeb94f5e.jpg

Been a couple of weeks since I picked these up.

First, the rare Craigslist transaction that pans out. Has some spine dings but the books is flat and bright, and the price very much right.

2cwr1wi.jpg

And I picked these up at a Flea Market for well below current ebay prices. Megatron is very nice and the box on Prime is cherry.

2n6gd1k.jpg

Nice - first Casey Jones. The G1 Transformers are a great score - congrats! (thumbs u

Incidentally, a G1 Jetfire I scored at a garage sale a few summers ago, included a Transformers collector case filled with gobots. I know I posted about it somewhere in this thread. Anyhow, the other night I was doing some cleaning around and found it behind one of my toy boxes. I totally forgot about it.

I opened it up, lifted the tray and found a bunch of G1 paperwork I never even knew was in there. I listed it in a Facebook group and got an avalanche of PM's.

A trade materialized. I got to keep the super go-bot (psycho) which looks like a futuristic car, leader 1, the porsche, screw-head gobot, and a few others from the lot. Here's a photo of it:

DSCF4043_zps43b2e3ff.jpg

And got these two carded POTF - yellowed blisters, but 100% sealed.

152505.jpg.f4be4f4b5fca73d2b2e085feeff4f2c1.jpg