• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,856 posts in this topic

A few pics...

These were all $1 each...

16603784935_06d7b6fdbc_o.jpg

The Web run of #1-75 was $20, Showcase #60 & WF #175 were $3 each, Iron Fists were $1/each and the rest of it was 3-for-$1...

16396492677_e554be4917_o.jpg

These sets were $1 each. Tough to even pass up Liefeld at that price! :)

15981612674_68564be263_o.jpg

Peace,

Chip

How about a Toy's R Us find?

Yes I wore gloves when I took everything out.

You cannot beat 4¢

Figures were perfect and never opened.

08445326-63DA-43AB-A752-CDDC744D567B.jpg

7B6D7998-733C-4962-9988-BB4DFCE5F8EA.jpg

Wow nice haul chip! I owe you one for posting this blog, I had Suicide 23 sitting in a 50 cent box for my next garage sale...you need to stay on the ball with all these copper books which have taken off, lol.

Happy to help, but it's really the CGC Board itself that gets the credit...just check the "Bronze/Copper's Heating Up On eBay" threads that we have here in their respective forums once a day. Once you scroll past all the butthurt/vitriol posts, there are actual nuggets of fact you can use where people report stuff that's trending up. :)

Peace,

Chip

I follow all those threads and like to think I stay current, but clearly there's lots that slips through the cracks, lol.

A few pics...

The Web run of #1-75 was $20, Showcase #60 & WF #175 were $3 each, Iron Fists were $1/each and the rest of it was 3-for-$1...

Peace,

Chip

Nice haul Chip. We are getting closer to yard sale season here and can't wait to find more treasures.

A few pics...

Peace,

Chip

You know what Chip - especially now we are PM buddies and all - I have nothing but absolute respect for the hard work you do.

I thought I'd say that out loud - having spent a whole day doing a 5000 book collection - the thought of doing that 4 times a week AND listing - is mindblowing.

Hats off to you Chip, hats off.

How about a Toy's R Us find?

Yes I wore gloves when I took everything out.

You cannot beat 4¢

Figures were perfect and never opened.

08445326-63DA-43AB-A752-CDDC744D567B.jpg

7B6D7998-733C-4962-9988-BB4DFCE5F8EA.jpg

I'd love to know how they decided on 4c?

Not 50c, not $1, but 4c....

Great pick-up mate.

Not comic related at all, but a nice pickup from a garage sale this weekend.

Came across this framed signed print from artist Tony Bennett. Yes..."I left my heart in San Francisco" Tony Bennett. He does art under his real name Tony Benedetto and it was signed as such when issued. Apparently this one was picked up by the person I bought it from who went to a gallery where he was signing and Bennett wrote out the inscription shown to her and her husband and then signed it again as Bennett. It makes for a very cool twice signed piece from the iconic singer. Online research shows is is called "South of France" and the date from the frame shop shows it was done in 1987.

To sell it, i have some thought about unframing it so I can ship reasonably but Im not sure. I also believe the inscription could be easily erased but likely i will leave as is.

Was fun to see my wife's face as I picked it up. It was the "what the hell do you think you are doing with that" face.

bennettpicturefull_zps4444eec8.jpg

sigcloseupsbennett_zpse42ad5ea.jpg

bennettsigandinscription_zps41a9ca5b.jpg

Anyone an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Action figure guru?

From the 1982 series.

I bought some cool oddity stuff this weekend.

One was a gift set of Warduke and Nightmare. It's pretty awesome.

I see some of just Nightmare:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evil-Nightmare-Horse-Creature-NRFB-Advanced-Dungeons-amp-Dragons-1983-LJN-DnD-/361201422003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5419484eb3&nma=true&si=7it%252Fyhj9bo5KhnFfaLNYn8wPW1k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But I can't find any that are like mine (actually states Gift Set on the box).

I know they don't pull a lot of bread.

But I know the He-man Gift Sets tend to do a lot better than the individually packed items.

Patrick

just picked up a stack of 50 dollar books i had asked a shop to hold for me for a while. while nothing in there jumped out as me as an expensive book erroneously filed in the dollar box, i thought a lot of them had some potential even if i did not know what they might be worth and did not feel like looking them up on my phone.

i cannot believe how off i was. every single oddball indie i thought had some potential (a lot of them were tim vigil books) turned out to be dollar books, the spidey clone books i bought turned out to be the ones nobody wants and on and on. aside from some low grade 12 cent cover price charlton hot rod comics which i know are better than $1 books, the best i probably did was getting a nice spawn 229 and 153. never have a i bought this many dollar box books with so little upside. i must be losing my magic touch or perhaps i need to learn the late copper/modern market a little better.

It happens every now and then. I took a gamble from a thrift store and bought a "mystery" longbox for $50. No Marvel, DC, or even anything recognizable in there. Not even the 1 billion printed Valiant books. Just a bunch of junk. I was just gonna burn it, but instead I donated it to Goodwill.

well, i knew exactly what is was buying, but erroneously believed more of it was better than dollar box fodder than it really was. i know it's not all about the flip but i feel better when i lay out a chunk of change and know that i could get it back if i wanted to sell 20% of the books I bought and keep the rest. here i would have troubles breaking even after fees, not to mention the time. oh well.

There's a lesson to be learned by this story, but I wouldn't count on anyone figuring out what it is...

yeah yeah, i know, it is certainly $50 worth of reading material.....well, maybe. i just usually have pretty good instincts on these and my spider sense was wayyyy off. it's not that i actually flip much at all...a tiny % of what i buy...it's just nice to know that i could if i wanted to.

Patrick, you'll get big bucks for that one. The gift sets are much rarer than the regular releases.

AD&D stuff is like the LOTR figures. Small fan base but big pockets.

Thanks for the information.

I pulled some other cool stuff like MISB Food Fighters, MISP early Jurassic Park, and other weird stuff.

Patrick

This thread always rocks! So great to see and read about everyone's treasure finds. The last couple of weekends we've visited my better half's folks in Daytona; they love to check out flea markets and antique malls and tell me where comics are found. While a big GA or SA find is still elusive... these will do nicely. There's a small flea market on Ridgewood (I think) that the last issue of Eternal Warrior, Bloodshot Gold and Smithsonian book were found. Sleepwalker was at an antique mall.

Daytona20Feb202015201_zps6vn8desr.jpg

Last weekend the Legends set, Bat Family (1...not 6...grrr) and Mad 25 were found in another antique mall. Mad was a nice buffet for some bugs but still complete.

Daytona20Feb202015202_zpsacggjpzl.jpg

Last finds were at the big flea market on Sunday. Tidal Wave Comics has a very nice booth there and picked out some books. Our dog SuzieQ was checking out the beach...

Daytona20Feb202015203_zpsky3zyq51.jpg

Really digging these foreign books from Spain.

Daytona20Feb202015204_zpsmwgt1s8a.jpg

As always, wishing y'all uncover many more finds out there in the wild.

Nothing to crazy but I got this stack yesterday from the original owner.

Had a few good books.

First reverse Flash and the annuals were nice.

The TOA is funny. I might have to have another crazy sales thread soon.

Find224_zpswe8xyu6o.jpg

Edited by Rip