• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,859 posts in this topic

Great haul! What do you think the #271 grades out at?

Peace,

Chip

Another 9.2-9.4 copy that would improve with a press. Definitely thinking of sending this and the Swamp Thing #37 to CGC.

Nothing grand, but another Spidey peculiarity for my collection...Picked it up at a local antique sale...Guy was asking $20, I paid $10. Probably $5 too much, but hey, I personally don't see to see these too often.

Amazing Spider-Man Adventure Playset (1974) by Colorforms Toys (intact). Can't imagine why they are no longer in business...

Box (coolest thing about it)

asmplayset1_zps877dd619.jpg

Instructions (I love the part "For Parents")

asmset1_zps6e9b273e.jpg

asmset2_zpsf53faf03.jpg

asmset3_zpsde11901b.jpg

"Playset"

asmset4_zps5d06332b.jpg

asmset5_zpse644d71a.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Ran across this listing today:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/clt/4891635110.html

Looking for Golden Age DC comics like old All Stars and More Fun Comics?

Well BUYER BEWARE when dealing with Tomorrow Treasures from Commack NY, who sold my nephew an old All Star with a 1st appearance of a major character .

Mr "Muchin" assured me that his adding "rice paper" to some seals was only conservation to the vintage comic and not restoration.

Well after some time had past and I packed and shipped it to CGC to grade and take a look at it, the awesome comic didn't even qualify for the "new" conservation label but was given the green "restored" label

After I contacted him through the internet he responded with insults and vulgarity.

From one comic enthusiast to another "beware!"

Tomorrows Treasures doesn't NOT recognize CGC or PGX as proper grading authorities.

And as such you will be over paying and very surprised and disappointed at the difference in price when you try to re-sell a restored comic book

Richard

If you search around the forums a bit, he's pretty well known for selling restored books. I was at his booth during a con and all his stuff wasn't priced. One of his workers had to bring it to him so he could look it up on eBay first.

Had a great flea market day out here on the west coast. I feel for you boardies on the east coast. I know you love the "change of seasons" but I bet some of you wish it would change soon...

Got the two romance comics from one lady and the rest from another. She had more funny animals but they were marginal titles like CooCoo and Tick Tock Tales in lower grade.

comiclot21515_zpso1olgbkg.jpg

Nothing grand, but another Spidey peculiarity for my collection...Picked it up at a local antique sale...Guy was asking $20, I paid $10. Probably $5 too much, but hey, I personally don't see to see these too often.

Amazing Spider-Man Adventure Playset (1974) by Colorforms Toys (intact). Can't imagine why they are no longer in business...

Box (coolest thing about it)

asmplayset1_zps877dd619.jpg

Instructions (I love the part "For Parents")

asmset1_zps6e9b273e.jpg

asmset2_zpsf53faf03.jpg

asmset3_zpsde11901b.jpg

"Playset"

asmset4_zps5d06332b.jpg

asmset5_zpse644d71a.jpg

I picked up one of these awhile back too but it's missing a lot of the figures.

Then later I spotted this sitting the gound next to a guy's table. It is a counter top rack. It spins with 8 pockets and has a two sided sign on top. I confired with a couple comic guys at the show and we all agreed that it was probably late 1950's.

Made my day!

dccomicrack_zpsdcskj5pg.jpg

Great stand! I want one! :banana:

So, odd story as far as finding comics in my experience. Went to one of the last remaining record stores in Orlando yesterday which is walking distance from my house. This is a used record store that also carries other stuff like toys and posters and playboy mags etc. Mind you, record stores that specialized in dance music thrived here in the 90's, but I digress.

After browsing around for about 20 minutes, I notice a couple boxes of comics on the floor near the register, then I notice there is waaaaay more comics right to the left of the front door. I don't know how I didn't see them when I walked in. Anyways, I'm thinking it will be just a bunch of 90's drek in shape, but start digging anyways. To my surprise, it was mostly 90's stuff but most of it in untouched 9.6/9.8 dealer/store overstock He even let me go in the back room where there was more boxes he hadn't sorted. At this time I get some butterflies as I'm thinking, "this is it, I'm gonna come across some NM #98's". I'm thinking this by what I had seen already, but no luck. Regardless, I walk out of there with a nice stack of mostly CGC ready books for $2 a piece. Steep if they were average 9.4's, but I was happy to pay it for these copies. Nothing super special, but a pretty nice little haul.

Sorry for the long story :blahblah:

z2cn5ilh.png

BTZRNS0h.png

aPL4cTyh.png

o2jaxm6h.png

dWszxc2h.jpg

2 complete sets barring a 2nd copy of #3-all 9.8 copies except for 1 copy of #4 @9.4

H6W0Ipjh.png

d9f59hoh.png

ocs6su0h.png

Spawn Ashcan @9.6!

Jason vs. Leatherface @9.6+- no #2-3 though :(

v2LwShzh.png

Edited by gradejunky

Then later I spotted this sitting the gound next to a guy's table. It is a counter top rack. It spins with 8 pockets and has a two sided sign on top. I confired with a couple comic guys at the show and we all agreed that it was probably late 1950's.

Made my day!

dccomicrack_zpsdcskj5pg.jpg

Great stand! I want one! :banana:

That is an awesome pick up!

I made a long (and somewhat unpleasant) road-trip today to pick up my vintage '70s stereo receiver, which had been repaired for me by the ONLY guy within 150 miles or so of my house who is crazy enough (and good enough!) to work on this old-time mess.

Got twisted around on my way home, but somehow spotted a local comic book store on my left while making an illegal left-hand turn.

An hour or so later, I drove home with these...

Conan-1.jpg

AstTls-25.jpg

It's amazing to me that stuff like this is still "hiding" in plain sight in a dealer's back-stock!

(Obvious) lesson learned: you never know what you might find until you stop and look!

I borrowed the mother-in-law's car to head over to the 33-cent guy's place yesterday. I hadn't been there in about 4 months but so many new "hot" books have popped up that I thought it'd be a good time to go there again to see what he had left. He's about halfway sold out, but I was able to pick up some nice deals.

Web of Spider-Man #1-75 run for $20

Iron Man #304, Suicide Squad #23, Sleepwalker #1, Avengers #316 (and another 90+ books) for 33 cents each

Aquaman #50, Shazam #2 4 6 7 10 11, Iron First 4 5 6 11, Star Wars 5 6 7 (and 70+ more of the same type) all for $1 each

World's Finest #173, Showcase #60 for $3 each

Ended up getting about 2 short-boxes full of books for $125. I think this will be the last trip as there really isn't much left save for longboxes full of mid-run Valiant, Image and the like with each issue having about 25-30 unread copies.

Peace,

Chip

I borrowed the mother-in-law's car to head over to the 33-cent guy's place yesterday. I hadn't been there in about 4 months but so many new "hot" books have popped up that I thought it'd be a good time to go there again to see what he had left. He's about halfway sold out, but I was able to pick up some nice deals.

Iron Man #304, Suicide Squad #23, Sleepwalker #1, Avengers #316 (and another 90+ books) for 33 cents each

Aquaman #50, Shazam #2 4 6 7 10 11, Iron First 4 5 6 11, Star Wars 5 6 7 (and 70+ more of the same type) all for $1 each

Ended up getting about 2 short-boxes full of books for $125. I think this will be the last trip as there really isn't much left save for longboxes full of mid-run Valiant, Image and the like with each issue having about 25-30 unread copies.

Peace,

Chip

(thumbs u

Peace,

Chip

Wow nice haul chip! I owe you one for posting this blog, I had Suicide 23 sitting in a 50 cent box for my next garage sale...you need to stay on the ball with all these copper books which have taken off, lol.

I had to look those up, and WTF? People have too much money to burn.

The Showcase 60 for $3 is ridiculous. Congrats on hitting a gold mine.

Wow nice haul chip! I owe you one for posting this blog, I had Suicide 23 sitting in a 50 cent box for my next garage sale...you need to stay on the ball with all these copper books which have taken off, lol.

Happy to help, but it's really the CGC Board itself that gets the credit...just check the "Bronze/Copper's Heating Up On eBay" threads that we have here in their respective forums once a day. Once you scroll past all the butthurt/vitriol posts, there are actual nuggets of fact you can use where people report stuff that's trending up. :)

Peace,

Chip

I had to look those up, and WTF? People have too much money to burn.

I know, right? Everyone is desperate to own/find a "KEY ISSUE" that they're creating them from every little thing they can think of.

The Showcase 60 for $3 is ridiculous. Congrats on hitting a gold mine.

It's a nice low/mid-grade well-presenting copy. It's always been a favorite DC book of mine and I wish I could keep it, but I'm happy reading it for the umpteenth time and then passing it on to someone else's collection (for a small fee). ;)

I'll take some pics of my haul in a bit.

Peace,

Chip

Edited by Chip Cataldo